spladle08

US OPEN-freestyle discussion

30 seconds in and Downey's corner (PD2?) throws the challenge brick. Plus, his mullet is nastay!

And after another challenge brick and several bail outs from the ref, he still loses 16-8 to unseeded wrestler in round of 16. As the 3rd seed.

Back to your bamf life already. 

Surprised daddy wasn't holding his hand.  

Maybe they can coach at NLWC. Oh no!

Lol.

Silly--all about the money.  Iowa has the 2nd most money and the best lightweight room in the country, and this is why I am so puzzled why Clark came up empty today.  Very perplexing.   

J'Den's a nice guy.  He is who he is and internet coaches aren't gonna change that.  But, they're two Missouri boys and they do have a history.

I bet Phil Wellington wouldn't call him a nice guy.

There's nothing wrong with being an intense competitor and Cox clearly is.  He has plenty of grit and toughness and has ridden it to almost the absolute peak of the sport.  He may be a nice guy off the mat but anyone who thinks he is too nice on the mat is dumb.

EIRMANNNNNNN!!!!!

I am very impressed by Eierman.  He has gotten so much better in the last year.  He is so comfortable in normally uncomfortable positions and is a pretty decent athlete.  Boy, if that was DT losing to a college Sophomore who never won an NCAA this board would be having real fun.  I am sure Logan will get a pass.  I don't see Logan representing much longer.  

Hidlay must be hollow.  Kid is a gigantic 70. 

Funny, though, when I saw him against Nolf in the NCAA Finals Nolf looked to have the bigger frame.  I know that Nolf isn't heaviliy muscled, but he's actually looking pretty good, and he didn't look small against Hidlay.  This said, Hidlay is really put together.  

I am very impressed by Eierman.  He has gotten so much better in the last year.  He is so comfortable in normally uncomfortable positions and is a pretty decent athlete.  Boy, if that was DT losing to a college Sophomore who never won an NCAA this board would be having real fun.  I am sure Logan will get a pass.  I don't see Logan representing much longer.  

If you wanted to post about Taylor why didn't you just post about his actual match?  

Coon spin behind TD for 9-0 lead.  And a gut wrench!  11-0 Tech for Coon!

Okay, this makes sense to me.  Gable is good, but he is really short for HVY and he isn't a freak athlete or amazingly strong like Snyder.  He has done amazingly well, but always had a little doubt due to his height at that weight.  Kid will be great, but he may level off soon since I am not certain how high his ceiling is.  

C

Live look at the Gable hype train:

giphy.gif

Kid is still a freak, just not a complete alien.  By the way, can Coon beat Gwiz?

Can Coon beat Varner? Probably, but it will be close.  Gwizz worked out at the NLWC, so I doubt Varner would enter this tournament if he didn't believe that he can stand toe to toe with the USAs best.  

I think Gable's biggest issue going forward in the senior level is his lack of size.  He's relatively short and doesn't exactly have a huge frame. He's as skilled & talented as any American hwt, but it's hard to overcome 4-5 inches and 30-40 pounds when guys are that good.  He's going to need to add Snyder type strength while keeping his quickness and skillset. I think come 2020, it'll be a tossup between Gable, Coon, and Gwiz.

Absolutely agree with first four sentences; perhaps the last, too.