Joe24

US Open Finals

57: Fix over Ramos.  I think Fix wins comfortably

61: Garrett over Colon

65: Eierman over McKenna--Eierman is peaking and just looks better

70: Chamberlain over Hidlay just because...

74: Martinez over Vallimont--just a little too much HP

79: Dake over Dierenger--until proven otherwise

86: Taylor over Perry but not a TF

92: Cox over Zillmer

97: Walz over Schaeffer

HVY: Coon over Varner

It's very cool that Austin Schaeffer is in the finals.  His junior year of college he was a backup who was almost kicked off the team.  Then he had a great senior year bumping up to heavy and has been pretty good in FS.  I always root for guys who figure it out late. 

Hopefully he wins today and can later lose 10-0 to Snyder.

It's very cool that Austin Schaeffer is in the finals.  His junior year of college he was a backup who was almost kicked off the team.  Then he had a great senior year bumping up to heavy and has been pretty good in FS.  I always root for guys who figure it out late. 

His late TD against Gadson was clutchhh

Fix

Garrett

McKenna

Hidlay (crazy!)

IMar

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Varner

You are spot on with my picks. Hidlay is biggest surprise to me. Going homer with Varner. I know how much trouble Snyder had with coon. Not sure Varner can get through that defense like Snyder did.

The contemporary American dream for those in the USA seeing 97K on a scale. 

You are spot on with my picks. Hidlay is biggest surprise to me. Going homer with Varner. I know how much trouble Snyder had with coon. Not sure Varner can get through that defense like Snyder did.

Great point. Varner can't beat Snyder, so he goes heavyweight, but then he has to wrestle the heavyweight that beat Snyder...but this one could be a reason why we make fun of the Transitive Property of Wrestling. 

Regarding Lee vs Fix that’s going to happen next month unless we find out Lee hurt his ankle at nationals or something. I think folks are vastly under appreciating how good Lee is. I’m taking Lee just because everyone is taking Fix and Lee needs love too. Fix is good and it’s going to hopefully be a beneficial rivalry for USA wrestling and fans alike but the idea thah Fix is heir to the throne is a premature one at best. For starters once his knee brace was off and his wind was back he pretty much made minced meat of everyone. He did not have a close match at NCAAs (it still boggles my mind he wasn’t OW) in a stacked weight class. He was able to score handily on Nato and took Suriano down multiple times which was supposed to be impossible. And let’s not forget that he’s got wicked good defense on his feet and a pretty good par terre game. I didn’t watch it yet but Fix won 2-0 in the quarters. He also went 0-2 or something dismal like that at U23s. He teched his way through jr worlds which means he’s damn good but Lee won it twice albeit at a lower weight.

it was 4-0 against deshazer and tyhast dude was not interested in wrestling even a little... backed up the enitre time

just like the match at U23... if you wrestle fix, you lose... the only chance is to not wrestle and hope for somehting small late

Regarding Lee vs Fix that’s going to happen next month unless we find out Lee hurt his ankle at nationals or something. I think folks are vastly under appreciating how good Lee is. I’m taking Lee just because everyone is taking Fix and Lee needs love too. Fix is good and it’s going to hopefully be a beneficial rivalry for USA wrestling and fans alike but the idea thah Fix is heir to the throne is a premature one at best. For starters once his knee brace was off and his wind was back he pretty much made minced meat of everyone. He did not have a close match at NCAAs (it still boggles my mind he wasn’t OW) in a stacked weight class. He was able to score handily on Nato and took Suriano down multiple times which was supposed to be impossible. And let’s not forget that he’s got wicked good defense on his feet and a pretty good par terre game. I didn’t watch it yet but Fix won 2-0 in the quarters. He also went 0-2 or something dismal like that at U23s. He teched his way through jr worlds which means he’s damn good but Lee won it twice albeit at a lower weight.

Dont forget Freestyle is completely different than Folk, I see Lee winning with mat wrestling dominance in folk, but in FS with takedowns being the premiere element, give me FIX all day 

Dont forget Freestyle is completely different than Folk, I see Lee winning with mat wrestling dominance in folk, but in FS with takedowns being the premiere element, give me FIX all day

I never forget they are different. I don’t get your last sentence. Lee is better on his feet than Fix by a huge margin in my view. He’s got more leg attacks. More ways to score. A lot more.

I never forget they are different. I don’t get your last sentence. Lee is better on his feet than Fix by a huge margin in my view. He’s got more leg attacks. More ways to score. A lot more.

fix is easily more dynamic on his feet than lee... 

Gonna have to agree to disagree there. I think Fix has a solid edge from Neutral  in that matchup, especially in FS, the trip and slide-by are just so clean, he never risks exposure. In folk the edge is less with the added scrambling, and he is an extreme dog on the mat.