Sign in to follow this  
nom

Fix - how does he get that arm!

Fix has a method to getting an arm for a trapped arm gut. He gets on top and then does something to really latch his hips to his opponent’s hips, a bit off to side. He then, quite simply reaches up and hooks the opponents arm, pulls it down and boom, has the arm trapped.

He makes it look soooo easy. For example, against Terao. Can someone really break this down? Im writing this from memory after waking up so some of the above might not be a perfect description.

Next question, can others on the US freestyle team learn whatever he is doing and then do it as well or does fox have some additional strength / skill / intuition that is hard to teach!

Fix has a method to getting an arm for a trapped arm gut. He gets on top and then does something to really latch his hips to his opponent’s hips, a bit off to side. He then, quite simply reaches up and hooks the opponents arm, pulls it down and boom, has the arm trapped.

He makes it look soooo easy. For example, against Terao. Can someone really break this down? Im writing this from memory after waking up so some of the above might not be a perfect description.

Next question, can others on the US freestyle team learn whatever he is doing and then do it as well or does fox have some additional strength / skill / intuition that is hard to teach!

Here you go...

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5971040-daton-fixs-world-class-trap-arm-gut

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Agreed. It’s my main insentive to check flo on a daily basis.

I wasn't all that impressed with some local coaches (just dads trying their best essentiallly) and then i was watching them work the other day and they referenced Mike Mal and I was like..... it's amazing how many different levels of wrestler flo reaches.

The resources of today are such a game changer vs what we got when I was a kid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gantry, on 28 Apr 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:Gantry, on 28 Apr 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:Gantry, on 28 Apr 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Mike Mal does awesome work with his technique breakdowns

I agree. Just love how Mike uses the best of the best in techniques on film, then breaks it down for us in his wrestling room, then goes back to the film to review and complete the demonstration.

A+ for Mike Mal and his BTD producers.

Edited by 2td3nf