Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Does Mark Hall have a path?

I was really just doing my best to answer the questions posed...which were (1) does Hall have a path, and (2) (generalizing) could he be successful if he had a path. The answer to (1) was obviously "no", since he did not meet any of the WTT entry criteria. As to the question of "could he", well...as you put it...logically the answer is "yes" he could. Many of the other posters were dismissing that notion off hand, which (in my opinion) is foolish and "illogical" at best.

I did not weigh in on whether I think he would have...only that there is a reasonable argument that he could have. In no way do I think that "anybody can do it because Snyder did it." Snyder is an exceptional anomaly to be sure, but in 2015 there were next to no "experts" predicting that he would do what he did...most didn't even think he could get past Varner, let alone shock the world as he did. Hall would likely face exactly that kind of doubt (as is evidenced by the posts in this thread alone), but he is a multi-world junior champion, coming off of a successful senior-level debut...so, in my eyes at least, it isn't much of a stretch to think that he would have made major waves at WTT.

...and no, I'm not a lawyer! ;-)

Well if you ever are looking for a career change you have lawyer potential. Good post.

Snyder is an exceptional anomaly to be sure, but in 2015 there were next to no "experts" predicting that he would do what he did...most didn't even think he could get past Varner, let alone shock the world as he did. 

The genius that is bigmik predicted it, but then again according to his own words he's one of those rare "experts" you speak of. Where has that "genius" been?

Snyder was a junior world champ...the idea that he came out of nowhere is baseless. 

Definitely wasn't out of nowhere but he did get beat 8-1 by Russia's fourth stringer at junior worlds the year before he won his first senior title.  Nobody expected him to win in 2015.  

If Kyle Dake goes back to  the waiting and positional game while Valencia is much more openly aggressive we'll see Dake on the shot clock often. It may be smart tactics but with the rules it is a game of giving up points as called by the referee. The rules push action, not smart tactical wrestling.