Sign in to follow this  
superbowlhomeboy

Desanto to Iowa

Lee might have to bring him along in terms of getting off bottom....obviously you want the best partners but sometimes they end up like battered wives....

I can imagine DeSanto will improve rapidly from the bottom or Lee will completely break his will. One of those things will happen.

I predict Gilman arrested for manslaughter after he kills Desanto in the parking lot. After the fight Terry suffers a concussion when landing awkwardly on the asphalt after Gilman flips him celebrating the win. Tom is fired as part of the incident fallout and ends up as the head coach of Drexel, vowing revenge for Desanto's flip-flop and calling Desanto an orange. Downey follows Tom to Drexel. After several years of tweeting trash from the wrestling room he realizes he is ineligible and is named head of USA wrestling. Clark and Lee team up to write a self-help book entitled "Avoiding Parking Lots and other Strategies for Dealing with Difficult Personalities". Vak is named Iowa 's HC and leads them to 10 consecutive national championships wrestling ferocious Avatars at every weight.

Maybe not exactly like that but in short it all turns out OK for Iowa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Folks this is pretty simple:

1.  DeSanto was not happy at Drexel and Drexel was not happy with him so it was time to part ways and move on

2.  I am confident that Tom and Terry told him that they would not tolerate him trying to injure anyone during a match or practice

3.  If the young man needs professional help it would not be difficult for him to receive that help at a major Big10 university

4.  Everyone matures both mentally and physically at their own pace.  DeSanto is probably a good young man that just needs some space to grow up all the while he is being held accountable for his actions. 

5.  From personal experience I have noticed that students who elect to attend an out of state college that is several hours from home on average grow up much quicker than the local kid that walks across the street to the school

6.  My suggestion for DeSanto would be to leave for Iowa the day after completing classes at Drexel.  Enroll in summer school and begin training with the Iowa team.  Attending school in Iowa City, IA will be a much different experience than anything he is accustomed to in Philadelphia and he should experience everything that both the University Of Iowa and the State Of Iowa have to offer.  

This escalated quickly. No arrests, no suspensions, no expulsions. I am waiting for the Charles Manson comparison.

He was a hot headed true freshman. I am glad everyone was perfect at 18....

There’s a difference between being hot headed and repeatedly trying to injure wrestlers that are beating you. The former is annoying, but can be addresssd. The latter is sociopathatic and very rare in the sport. Edited by Billyhoyle

Thats why fan mentality is so dumb. these guys all get along well for the most part. 

Fact.

But, if you haven't been there.........success has to be about hating your opponent, and wondering why you can't win the big one.

I could see Gilman losing to Lee in WTT, vent his frustration in press conference and then move to NC State to train going forward.

Retherford apparently gets along very well with Gilman.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk