Sign in to follow this  
lu_alum

Iowa Lineup

The real question is simple.

Is Iowa wrestling for Third place or have they realistically set their sight higher?

I would expect Iowa to make a run at a title next year and realistically, they can win even though I don't think they will.

But next years lineup has 2020 written all over it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The real question is simple.

Is Iowa wrestling for Third place or have they realistically set their sight higher?

You have to be a special breed of stupid to bash Iowa by implying they could win NCAAs every year if they weren't so lazy.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Is this a good transfer? Is he really the best they can do? DeSanto is good but is all over the place, sloppy, erratic and a bit of a head case.

DeSanto was within a gnat's ass of being an AA, so who wouldn't want him unless they have an absolute hammer at that weight?  

I don't think that would be a bad thing. It would just force Desanto into raising his game.  

Not necessarily.  All depends on your mentality.  Could also be ugly as you think great.  I guess what we want?

From a wrestling stand point this makes a lot of sense for both parties. However, I have my doubts that the Brands are the right coaches for a guy as volatile as DeSanto. If history is any indication, he will get worse, not better, during his time at Iowa. Certainly does make the upcoming season more interesting.

Lee is pulling the strings at Iowa. TNT has failed.  Despite BS talk, Lee went to Iowa for him and his potential accolades as resurrecting a program.  At PSU, just another stud.  Iowa can delude themselves about "the room," but Lee doesn't need that but will play along.  Lee is about Lee-very cunning.  

A lot of rumblings on the Iowa board that Kemerer can't make 157 anymore and may go up to 174.  Nothing even close to concrete, but quite a bit of smoke...

Yeah, I am sure those delusional twits will think he is a favorite at 174.  Kemmerer seems great--sucks that he can't be coached up from the devilish dwarfs.  

I can't see Kemerer at 74. Wouldn't it make more sense if he went 65 and Marinelli went 74?

Marinelli is short.  Thought Iowa fans believed he was undersized at 165, he wasn't if one had eyes.  165 is perfect for Marinelli.  Not sure if Kemmerer can beat him.  May have to go 174.  This said, didn't that Cornell kid bump from 157 to 174 and be rated very highly?  Kemmerer is better.  

Marinelli is short.  Thought Iowa fans believed he was undersized at 165, he wasn't if one had eyes.  165 is perfect for Marinelli.  Not sure if Kemmerer can beat him.  May have to go 174.  This said, didn't that Cornell kid bump from 157 to 174 and be rated very highly?  Kemmerer is better.  

So Kemmerer is better than Realbuto? 

Ok prove it.

Realbuto was 2nd to Imar, then bumped up to 174 and was in the semis.  

Ok prove it.

How skilled was Realbuto.... 

I mean some wrestlers make up for shortcomings with pace, or stall tactics, that kid was just a talented wrestler., who wrestled the same way against everyone.... let it fly... wish he would've got a title.

Ok prove it.

I'm not sure that Kemerer is better than Realbuto, but using that 2nd place finish is a bit disingenuous given that Realbuto, you know, lost his quarterfinal match that year and got to advance on one of the biggest screwjobs in NCAA history.