i would very much like to see the actual verbiage of this by-law 6.2.2

not having any luck actually finding what is being proclaimed...

It’s on their site. All it states is that it is the responsibility of Sports Committee to make recommendations to the Executive committee on team selection criteria.

But there is nothing in the bi-laws preventing the criteria from being changed. I confirmed through direct communication that they can do this and the way the bi-laws are written aligns with that answer.

You will find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think the rules were written with any specific circumstance in mind. They were written in a manner to give USAW great flexibility. I would write them the same way if I were them. I applaud them for allowing themselves this latitude and discretion but I think their wisdom not to use in this case is horrible.

So basically you are saying their wisdom not to use the by-law to allow an exemption for a drug suspension is horrible. Sorry but that's a pretty weak argument, not at all what this by-law should be used for. And your assertion that if it were a world champ it would be has no backing whatsoever.

So basically you are saying their wisdom not to use the by-law to allow an exemption for a drug suspension is horrible. Sorry but that's a pretty weak argument, not at all what this by-law should be used for. And your assertion that if it were a world champ it would be has no backing whatsoever.

Yes it does

And what is that backing? I provided you an example where a world champ in Greco, where US Greco champs are very few and far between, was not given any special consideration, for a non performance drug, in which he had testimony from his therapist as to why he used it. Where is your backing that a world champ would be given consideration, beside your own personal opinion?

And what is that backing? I provided you an example where a world champ in Greco, where US Greco champs are very few and far between, was not given any special consideration, for a non performance drug, in which he had testimony from his therapist as to why he used it. Where is your backing that a world champ would be given consideration, beside your own personal opinion?

I don't know the details of that situation but you specifically said warrens suspention was upheld. Sounds like he was still suspended at the time, where as JO is done with his 1 year suspension.

I don't know the details of that situation but you specifically said warrens suspention was upheld. Sounds like he was still suspended at the time, where as JO is done with his 1 year suspension.

True. My point is fish is arguing that a wild card should be given because he missed the qualifiers due to a drug suspension. Which is why I said the circumstances are different, but the fundamental principle is that special considerations should not be given on the basis of drug suspensions. Warren, a world champ, appealed for special consideration. He was denied. Fish claimed he had on good knowledge that if a world champ were looking for special consideration it would be given. History and precedent disagrees with him.

Edited by Lurker

Upholding a suspension is a different situation. If a world champ was done with his suspension but missed the qualifier, Id have a hard time believing they wouldn't get the invite. Favoritism happens, hell our whole qualifying process is set up to give returning medalists an advantage. Why would you think theyd hold out a previous medalist if it were to happen. The goal for the WTT is to put out the best team. With that in mind, especially considering his suspension was not steriods or anything, and is something he can compete while on with the right paperwork, there is no reason for them not to give him an invite.

Edited by maolsen

Upholding a suspension is a different situation. .

Which is why I said, on more than one occasion, a different situation. But fundamental principle the same. No special consideration for missing out because of drug suspension.

Still waiting on this backing that it would be different. Because there is no evidence to it, only evidence to the contrary...

Which is why I said, on more than one occasion, a different situation. But fundamental principle the same. No special consideration for missing out because of drug suspension.

Still waiting on this backing that it would be different. Because there is no evidence to it, only evidence to the contrary...

Check PM

I should include at this point I'm not so much AGAINST him receiving a WC to the trials. I'm just not for propoganding for it, and saying he not getting the invite is horrible and it's a personal thing that would be different for someone else, especially when there's no basis for it in this situation. That is all.

To kind of go off, but back on topic. Asgarov is an Olympic champ, twice Olympic finalist, and world champ. Oliver has never made a world team and only "international" win is the Dave Schultz. Explain to me how this is a "super match"?

It’s on their site. All it states is that it is the responsibility of Sports Committee to make recommendations to the Executive committee on team selection criteria.

But there is nothing in the bi-laws preventing the criteria from being changed. I confirmed through direct communication that they can do this and the way the bi-laws are written aligns with that answer.

You will find it.

yeah... that was what i read... i just could not figure out how you make the leap from a sports committee making a recommendation to another committe on the process of team selection to what you keep screaming from the rooftop... it did and does not make any sense to me still... me thinks you are clutching at straws...

but whatever... JO broke the rules and has paid for it... and look, he gets to wrestle someone else who broke the rules... everyone is happy now, right????

yeah... that was what i read... i just could not figure out how you make the leap from a sports committee making a recommendation to another committe on the process of team selection to what you keep screaming from the rooftop... it did and does not make any sense to me still... me thinks you are clutching at straws...

but whatever... JO broke the rules and has paid for it... and look, he gets to wrestle someone else who broke the rules... everyone is happy now, right????

Wrong

USAW would adjust criteria for JB KS and others. They are dumb dumbs with an agenda and not truly committed to getting best team to worlds.

that is a position that you could never substantiate... you are making an assumption based on absolutely nothing... basically a child stomping his feet in the middle of the little room screaming it isn't fair before being sent to bed with no dinner...