Didn't he finish 2nd in WTT's for three times.  That's pretty elite if you ask me.

mspart

I think he's very good--in-country.  I guess we can debate "elite" but I'm thinking of someone with more of an international track record, which he doesn't possess.  JMHO

Didn't he finish 2nd in WTT's for three times. That's pretty elite if you ask me.

mspart

Exhibit B: 1 point loss to Frank Chamizo.

Exhibit C: Undefeated record against World Champion Logan Stieber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's very good--in-country. I guess we can debate "elite" but I'm thinking of someone with more of an international track record, which he doesn't possess. JMHO

That is a fair point. Based on his Twitter feed, it sounds like he plans on competing more often this year than he has in the past. It will be interesting to see if this happens. I wonder if USAW will help fund his travel.

Staking JO's case on a loss to Chamizo in an exhibition match, well, flimsy at best.  I think JO's a solid talent, but there's got to be something stronger in his favor than a loss to Chamizo in NYC wrestling for the fun of it going half speed most of the bout.

That is a fair point. Based on his Twitter feed, it sounds like he plans on competing more often this year than he has in the past. It will be interesting to see if this happens. I wonder if USAW will help fund his travel.

I'd love to see this.  If he's going to take the step to the next level he's got to get that overseas competition.  I hope he is able to take advantage of this.

Comparing officiating calls and WTT set up isn't even apples to oranges, it's apples to steak and potatoes when compared to a USADA violation. You can call it paperwork all you want. IT WAS A DOPING VIOLATION, paperwork error or no. You don't think the current climate in doping, and wrestling just recently having to fight their way to staying in the Olympics, would come into the thought process of a special consideration for a doping violation. Use some sensible logic. Special consideration for USADA violations is not, will not, and SHOULD NOT, be given. Period.

Edited by Lurker

Exhibit D: Banned for a year for testing positive for a PED

you forgot to mention that...

You mean a prescription drug that he has since applied for a TUE allowing him to continue taking the drug while he competes.

Comparing officiating calls and WTT set up isn't even apples to oranges, it's apples to steak and potatoes when compared to a USADA violation. You can call it paperwork all you want. IT WAS A DOPING VIOLATION, paperwork error or no. You don't think the current climate in doping, and wrestling just recently having to fight their way to staying in the Olympics, would come into the thought process of a special consideration for a doping violation. Use some sensible logic. Special consideration for USADA violations is not, will not, and SHOULD NOT, be given. Period.

Nor has it been requested. This really is not that hard to follow. I find your inability to do so rather fascinating (and comical).

You mean a prescription drug that he has since applied for a TUE allowing him to continue taking the drug while he competes.

No, he means for a PED. Because those are the facts of his suspension. Once again, spinning doesn't change reality. There's a reason it's banned, and a reason you have to go through through process of the exception before using it. Once again, facts aren't on your side. Spin or no.

Nor has it been requested. This really is not that hard to follow. I find your inability to do so rather fascinating (and comical).

Wanting a wild card invite because you missed the qualifiers due to a drug suspension is special consideration. Your sense of comedy still doesn't change reality. No sense in continuing the circle of facts and precedent vs whining, spin, and baseless claims.

Bye Felicia.

Edited by Lurker

Assuming he has since filled out the correct paperwork and is able to compete while taking the the same drug that he was suspended for, matters. It doesn't have to be black and white. If he is now allowed to compete while still taking those drugs, then why not invite him.

No, he means for a PED. Because those are the facts of his suspension. Once again, spinning doesn't change reality. There's a reason it's banned, and a reason you have to go through through process of the exception before using it. Once again, facts aren't on your side. Spin or no.

I never argued that he should not have received a 1 year suspension

Assuming he has since filled out the correct paperwork and is able to compete while taking the the same drug that he was suspended for, matters. It doesn't have to be black and white. If he is now allowed to compete while still taking those drugs, then why not invite him.

It hasn’t been reported (to my knowledge) if his application was approved. I doubt it ever will be reported due to HIPPA laws. It’s really not our business to know if it got approved or not any way.

If he were suspended over steroids or something that he would not be able to compete with while taking then absolutely he shouldn't get an invite. But if he got approved to compete while taking his prescription, i think they can justify allowing him to compete in this WTT. He missed his opportunity last year, he has paid for his mistake.

It hasn’t been reported (to my knowledge) if his application was approved. I doubt it ever will be reported due to HIPPA laws. It’s really not our business to know if it got approved or not any way.

No it isnt our business and i would assume we wouldnt hear about it, but im sure the powers that have control over letting him in would be aware of the situation and thats all that matters.

I've seen 0 evidence that a former medalist wouldnt get an invite. Close calls lean their way, the system is designed to give a returning medalist the benefit of the doubt. Why would you thing a former medalist would be left home over a paperwork issue? Especially if we want to repeat as world champs. Assuming JO doesnt get his opportunity, flo should set something up between him and our rep, because why not. Give jo a chance to show USAW they made a mistake.

A returning medalist wouldn't be eligible to wrestle if they got popped and it was a year suspension.

You don't have evidence they wouldn't. Wildcards have been a thing up until 2015, and if it meant getting a former medalist back to help us gain medals they would likely do it again, there is no proof JO could help us get medals, so they arent going to entertain the idea. Elite athletes amongst a lot of sports tend to get special treatment, it might not be fair but lifes not fair. If they were suspended for actually cheating or taking steroids then no they wouldnt get an invite, but if it was in fact a prescription and an application not being filled out in time or whatever, they are gonna atleast give serious thought about inviting a former medalist, especially a multiple time champ.

Edited by maolsen