Sign in to follow this  
maligned

Only 5 of 31 lineups full at European Greco finals..sign of things to come?

ugh... i have no real interest in this devolving into a typical message board dik waiving contest... i'll leave that to that bigten guy, but...

my original point was amazement after watching vlasov's finals that people still claim greco is unwatchable... i've made similar claims centering around bey recently... no mention of points scored being valued as an indicator of good/watchable/outstanding/entertaining/whatever wrestling...

you then bring up points scored on the feet as apparently being some sort of indicator while totally discounting the importance of par terre as if it is just an annoyance and not an integral part of wrestling... which i replied that scoring is nto an indicator of the quality of wrestling... and it is not...

par terre is extremely important... personally, i love par terre... i love all the intricasies of it... i love how any match can be over with one takedown if the wrestler is a beast in par terre... it heightens the importance of every second of a match... i especially love guts because of how diffulcult it is to perfect and defend against... nobody likes to train guts... it suks... it hurts... which is why most do not want to train the finer aspects of it... but, there is little i like more than watching someone give up defending a gut and want out of a match... guts steal your soul... 

and yes, i brought up colon v garret and for obvious reasons... lots of points scored and absolute sloppy wrestling...

i can also counter with fix v ramos... very few points scored and an incredibly watchable match that showed amazing wrestling by both parties...

also, i will never understand the back lash against the step out rule... as if anyonoe can just push anyone backwards easily... a good wrestler understands circling... a push out point is not an easy thing to achieve and it damn sure is earned pretty much everywhere outside of the US...

also, i will never understand the back lash against the step out rule... as if anyonoe can just push anyone backwards easily... a good wrestler understands circling... a push out point is not an easy thing to achieve and it damn sure is earned pretty much everywhere outside of the US...

I'm for the pushout. I love it. I think you're really not understanding my basic argument. 

those same people think playing the edge, backing straight out of bounds, and laying on some one for a minute to be entertaining... i can only assume they think sitcoms and american idol are quality programming as well...

Your original point was that the people who call Greco "unwatchable" seem to be fine with the prolific inactivity in a lot of folkstyle matches. You then brought up Vlasov as an especially exciting wrestler. 

My point was that Vlasov is also incredibly boring. Just like much maligned folkstyle wrestlers (Chris Perry, Tsirtsis, Ramos), Vlasov never attempts to take his opponent down; he prefers to push, pull, and appear active until the referees hit his opponent for passivity. Attempting to score a takedown is one of the core principles of all styles of wrestling. All matches start on the feet, and you need to take your opponent down before you can pin him. 

Vlasov, in particular, and a large portion of Senior Greco wrestlers, in general, do not attempt to score takedowns. For the most part, Greco is just as boring as the NCAA finals match between Chris Perry and Andrew Howe. 

Edited by GranbyTroll

my point is he is not boring at all to watch... regardless of score... regardless of a takedown on the feet or not... 

constant action... constant battle for position... and his par terre is legit...

clearly, you are not a fan of greco... whatever... history has proven time and time again that nothing said on a message board will change anyone's mind ever...

but, to say vlasov is boring to watch is just ridiculous...