• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

When did Suriano beat Fix? Also, pretty fancy way of saying Suriano beat the guy who finished 5th at NCAAs this year.

Secondly, sigbet if Fix/Suriano wrestle next season, if you have the cajones.

In other words, you have no intelligent response. Suriano has a one loss season in the Big, was a national runner up and beat the defending champ (again) in the semis.
What did Fix do this year to suggest he’s better at folk than NS?
Again, other than your bias?

#82 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

In other words, you have no intelligent response. Suriano has a one loss season in the Big, was a national runner up and beat the defending champ (again) in the semis.

Wow, got your NJ knickers in a bind, huh? Noticed you didn't accept the sigbet, so maybe you are still somewhat in touch with reality.

Edited by TobusRex, 09 May 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#83 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:09 AM

Wow, got your NJ knickers in a bind, huh? Noticed you didn't accept the sigbet, so maybe you are still somewhat in touch with reality.

NJWC has very little credibility. Insults and derogatory comments are substituted for intelligent responses. Hopefully you will earn membership in the distinguished group that has been blocked by this person.
  • Cletus_Tucker, TBar1977 and Yellow_Medal like this

#84 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:44 AM

So twice I just asked you to support your position, and twice I get snark.
Why would you state NS can’t beat Fix? Other than diminishing a 1 loss runner up season for Nick, what have you provided?

#85 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

So twice I just asked you to support your position, and twice I get snark.
Why would you state NS can’t beat Fix? Other than diminishing a 1 loss runner up season for Nick, what have you provided?

You'll get a lot of snark from me. I'm a snarky guy. I even use a SNARK tuner with my guitars.

I think that Fix's multiple international accolades are far more eloquent testimony to his skills than anything I can add. Also, I think the skills required to win Jr World Gold are on a higher level than that required to finish 2nd at NCAAs, even if one is freestyle and the other folk.

#86 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:52 AM

You'll get a lot of snark from me. I'm a snarky guy. I even use a SNARK tuner with my guitars.

I think that Fix's multiple international accolades are far more eloquent testimony to his skills than anything I can add. Also, I think the skills required to win Jr World Gold are on a higher level than that required to finish 2nd at NCAAs, even if one is freestyle and the other folk.

Did Fix wrestle any collegiate matches this year? Do anything to suggest the national runner up can’t beat him (despite having already beaten him)?

#87 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

Did Fix wrestle any collegiate matches this year? Do anything to suggest the national runner up can’t beat him (despite having already beaten him)?

Fix went undefeated.  He beat the guy who beat Lee.     

#88 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:50 AM

Actually he beat both guys who beat Lee.   Fix won in Folk over the Oregon state kid and won in freestyle over Tomasello. 

#89 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

You made a bold prediction on the Lee match. Now you are doing it with Fix. If Fix wins we are going to have to start calling you the NS jinx. My own view is Fix has more offense than Suriano, can get out from bottom, and has the ability to not get blown out himself. But, both of our opinions will be addressed when they actually 'wrestle'.

#90 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

You made a bold prediction on the Lee match. Now you are doing it with Fix. If Fix wins we are going to have to start calling you the NS jinx. My own view is Fix has more offense than Suriano, can get out from bottom, and has the ability to not get blown out himself. But, both of our opinions will be addressed when they actually 'wrestle'.

Predicting NS to win against a guy he’s split matches with was bold? A guy who lost to Ronnie Brewster, whom NS beat? Bold?
Suriano was less than three weeks removed from an 8 day hospital stay when he made the national finals.
Suriano beat Fix two years ago. I’ll ask again, what did Fix do THIS SEASON collegiateky to suggest NS simply cant beat him (which is what was stated).
Suriano lost decisions to Gilman and Lee. Those are the only losses he’s taken in college. He beat the defending national champ in the semis. For anyone to simply state he can’t beat Fix is absurd.

#91 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:53 AM

NJWC definitely is a Jersey Homer(not all can be as unbiased, like myself) but I also can't understand why such negative thoughts about Suriano.  The kid has been dominant as a kid who wrestled as a true freshman and had some tough injuries.  This kid will continue to compete well with the best at his weight.  His transfer from PSU definitely tainted him in the eyes of many, but when it comes to pure wrestling, not much to criticize.

Edited by pennsyrules, 14 May 2018 - 02:54 AM.

• gowrestle and headache like this

#92 maolsen

maolsen

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

Suriano likely would have won it last year when gilman got upset. Most years a Suriano talent could and would win. But Lee is a different breed.

#93 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

Suriano likely would have won it last year when gilman got upset. Most years a Suriano talent could and would win. But Lee is a different breed.

Time for Gilman to retire. Fix & Lee will dominate him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users