Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

For all who want to give JO a shot...

it was a real snipe job...keeping a perennial world team member like JO off the team just cause he cheated....

Wait, I thought he wasn’t allowed at WTTs bc he did not qualify? Make up your mind, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t. Might want to ask Dake his opinion on that subject.

I find it hard to believe that his weight is so under control now while he’s on suspension... and it was always an issue before that while he was competing.

JO should get an invite.  I didn't know about the twitter feed info about him thinking there would be a last chance like there always has been.  For the first time in memory there is no last chance and he does not get in.  I really think USAW is doing him a great disservice.

mspart

The issue has never been whether or not he could make the team, the issue has always been whether or not he missed the qualifiers due to getting popped for PED's. But keep banging your "agenda" head against the wall, especially now after a charity exhibition. Let us know how that works out for you.

The issue has never been whether or not he could make the team, the issue has always been whether or not he missed the qualifiers due to getting popped for PED's. But keep banging your "agenda" head against the wall, especially now after a charity exhibition. Let us know how that works out for you.

Hater's gonna hate.

Anyone know what JO weighed in for BTS with their relaxed weighins?  He did look good but making 143 was really tough for him with night before weighins, now he'll have to do same day two days in a row...

I thought there was a 2KG allowance on day 2?

He looked noticeably smaller than Asgorov last night.  

Chatter at the event was the Asgarov was given a lot of latitude on weight. 

They used to publish weigh-in weights for BtS, but I have not seen them this year. 

I have no concern about him making weight.  My bigger concern is the Flo vid I saw of him at NYAC sparring with his elbow all taped up -- same arm he had shoulder surgery recently.  He wasn't taped up for the event though.  I assume that is a good sign.

Not me.  I'm a Jordan Oliver fan and I wish him all the success in the world.  I'd love it if he was our rep.  But he broke the rules.   He broke the rules and because of that he missed the qualifier.   I know it was a medication and I believe he would have received a TUE if he had just applied.   But he didn't bother to.     It's a very tough lesson, but hopefully he has learned and he's better with this type of responsibility going forward.       I don't want to see an exception made when our guys fail their tests.   Had it been injury or something else, I'd be open to a reschedule or a waiver of some sort.      

I don't think they should make exceptions to rules just because the person is capable of a world medal. That said USA wrestling screwed up by not having a last chance qualifier or wild cards for the first time that I can remember. Why would you not allow wild cards for situations such as this, injury, etc? Shouldn't our goal be to get the best team possible there? One guy could be the difference in us winning the team world championship! Why would you potentially take that opportunity away from the whole nation? What would be the harm in having a few wild cards considering there are less than eight people in each weight?

Clever. But right is right. And not on your side of this argument. Sorry.

The basis for your conclusion that JO should not have been invited to trials has changed countless times over the last month or so.

This proves that you are a hater and not basing your opinion on the actual facts.

Only after a month of edification of the actual facts did you get your opinion to a point where the facts and a subjective opinion(one that many disagree with) that JO should not be allowed at trials align (loosely I will add).

I’m wholly confident that if further facts emerged that made your current basis for excluding him invalid, you would come up with some other reason to exclude him.

You are quite simply a JO hater, which is your prerogative, but have the balls to admit it (at least to yourself).

Incorrect on many levels:

1) not at all a JO hater. Enjoy watching him wrestle, interact (in a positive fashion) with him on twitter, etc, believe him to be one of the top guys at that weight, for the US. I've said many times I don't see him as a top level guy at the world stage, that's based on eyeball and results, but not hate.

2) My basis for my opinion has not changed one single time. My basis is, he missed the qualifiers because he was popped for PED's. And we should not open that door of giving a wild card for someone who did not qualify because of a drug suspension. Show me one instance where I have any other reason why he shouldn't be eligible. If you can do that I will shut my mouth and not comment on this subject again. However it is impossible for you to be able to do that, because it's not there.

3) There are many who disagree with my opinion, and agree with you that he should have gotten a WC (although when you throw in your stance that it's agenda driven by USAW that number goes way down). However there are also many that agree with my opinion. (You left that out). Many on this board, but more importantly those in the positions to make these determinations. People that were put in those positions for good reason.

4) "If further facts emerge". What other further facts? Or is this what you were wanting people to call you on the phone about because you can't expose in public??

While you sit and wait for that phone call, do something productive and show me where I consistently changed my basis for my opinion.

Edited by Lurker

... show me where I consistently changed my basis for my opinion.

HATERS: JO isn't eligible for WTTs bc he is suspended.

FACTS: His suspension is over.

HATERS: Yeah, well, USAW bi-laws don't allow them to let him in.

FACTS: 6.2.2 of the bi-laws do allow them to let him in.

HATERS: Yeah, well, they can't make an exception for JO bc they wouldn't make an exception for anyone else either.

FACTS: USAW has conceded they likely would make an exception for an Olympic/World medal holder in the same circumstance.

HATERS: Yeah, well, that's different bc USAW needs to do all they can to make sure we have the strongest team.

FACTS: Well if that is the case, JO should be invited bc he would clearly be one of the (arguably THE) favorite to make the team if invited.

HATERS: That's BS man, JO only won the US Open and is undefeated against the entire field at 65 bc he was juicing, who knows if he will be any good now that his off the juice!!

FACTS: JO was on a prescription drug that he has since applied for a TUE so he can continue to take the drug going forward.  

HATERS:  Doesn't matter man, he is a cheater and deserves to be suspended.  And anyway, he knew the selection criteria this year when he agreed to the suspension back in January

FACTS: Selection criteria was not finalized until February.  It was not until then that it was known that there would be no WC or LAST Chance (although it was widely assumed there would be no WCs, but a LC was expected by many)

HATERS: Yeah, well, whatever.

Yeah, the haters haven't changed their narrative at all...

Edited by Angry_Fish

You forgot to include anything I've said. I'll still wait.

Post #44 in the thread entitled: 

"Has Jordan Oliver Completed His Suspension Yet So He Can Compete In The U.S. Open?"

That is one example.  You are part of the collective group of HATERS; no denying it.  You can do your own homework to find the rest.

Meanwhile, please stop trying to sabotage the good work the people at BtS do to help under privileged kids.  Why you would want them reduce the amount of donations they receive is beyond me.  Your hate runs deep.

Showing how your comparison is off the wall and acknowledging that the world champs you speak of never making such a goof, while trying to say you know first hand they'd receive a WC (a point you keep saying but have offered no proof of) is hardly me changing my stance over and over again. And I don't know what the hell youre talking about with BTS, I've done nothing but defend and praise that endeavor. I can't wait to see what you come up with to explain that one. Being that you've repeatedly criticized the planning and operation of the event, but now want to come with "the good work the people of the BTS do..." 😂

I might just start calling you Dori. You're so damn cute!! You haven't answered my question though, head hurt yet?

Edited by Lurker

One of many times the HATERS, like yourself, change your argument when confronted with facts the ruin your narrative of hate.

And please, just leave BtS alone.  

... acknowledging that the world champs you speak of never making such a goof...

Nope, wrong again.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swiiiiiiming.

Too cute! I love it! Thank you Dori. Enjoy the challenge tournament. I wish JO would have been eligible to qualify, would have love to see how he came out

Edited by Lurker