Sign in to follow this  
LaxHawk174

133 = Toughest Weight Class Next Season?

Looking at the guys rumored to be moving up, and the returners at 133.. shaping up to be a monster weight class. 

(Results are just from this past season) 

Seth Gross (Champ @ 133)
Stevan Micic (2nd @ 133)
Nick Suriano (2nd @ 125)
Daton Fix/Nick Piccinnini/Kaid Brock (Piccinnini R12 @ 125 - Brock 5th @ 133 - Fix Incoming RS FR)
Ethan Lizak (4th @ 125)
Luke Pletcher (4th @ 133)
Tariq Wilson (3rd @ 133)
Montorie Bridges (8th @ 133)
Scotty Parker (7th @ 133)

Austin DeSanto (R12 @ 133)
John Erneste (R12 @ 133)
Jack Mueller (R12 @ 133)

Josh Terao (12 seed @ 133)
Roman Bravo-Young (Incoming TR FR)
Austin Gomez (Incoming RS FR)

Vitali Arujau (Incoming GS FR)

Any other notable names that belong on that list? The depth resembles 125 or 165 from 2018. 

Edited by LaxHawk174

165 returns some strength as well:

1 SO Vincenzo Joseph Penn State 2           3 FR Evan Wick Wisconsin 6 4 JR Chance Marsteller Lock Haven 10 5 SO David McFadden Virginia Tech 3 6 FR Alex Marinelli Iowa 5 7 JR Jonathon Chavez Cornell 18 8 JR Chandler Rogers OK State 8 9 SO Logan Massa Michigan 7 10 SO Isaiah White Nebraska 11           14 JR Branson Ashworth Wyoming 13 15 JR Te'Shan Campbell Ohio State 14

Edited by dmm53

Mitch McKee, Josh Alber, Josh Terao?

I added Josh Terao to the list, but Eggum stated that Lizak-McKee-Thorn would all be moving up a weight class (hence Lizak listed instead of McKee), and Alber was a 141 lber last year - haven't heard anything about him going down. 

Micic wrestles 57 kg at Euros and got an outstanding 3rd. Is he going to suck down next near to try to give Lee a good run?

Doubt it. Making 125 for a two-day weekend is different than holding it for 4-1/2 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After how Teasdale has looked in the 120s, I think his days in the 120s may be numbered and fewer than might be ideal for PSU. He was originally projecting to wrestle at 141 at Iowa for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see him added to the deep and brutal weight class that is 133 next year if he doesn't redshirt, and if so, he'll get a very rough welcome to D1.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

After how Teasdale has looked in the 120s, I think his days in the 120s may be numbered and fewer than might be ideal for PSU. He was originally projecting to wrestle at 141 at Iowa for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see him added to the deep and brutal weight class that is 133 next year if he doesn't redshirt, and if so, he'll get a very rough welcome to D1.

Kids don't cut weight at PSU, it isn't fun.