jeffr_ideal

Chamizo dominates and then decks Tsabolov

You're not an idiot, you're a nice person.

Lol I thought there was some specific way to get videos to play in here I see a few people posting links that done pan-out so it's prevented me from ever trying, didnt realize it was as simple as cut and paste... eh well. 

Excited for this Demirtas match. 

Enjoy the wrestling

I think dominated is a little misleading. 2-0 at the time and Tsabolov was real close to numerous takedowns. Much credit to Chamizo for holding them off. I like JB's abilities to finish those situations. Going to be a fun match. Could be a prelude to the world final.

Can't believe he's doing this up at 74KG.  What a monster. 

Not taking anything away from Chamizo but that was one sloppy performance by Tsabolov.  He was way more active and more conditioned in the Worlds.  This looked like a practice not a real match.

If Chamizo looks away while wrestling like he did in this match JB will double leg him to the mat.  I still think JB will have his hands full but will come out with the win.

Nice, thanks for posting. I might be wrong bout I think JB finishes his shots without giving Chamizo the angle to counter.

I like to think that as well, just hard to believe when literally nobody else finishes shots against him in the entire world. 

James G didn't even get close to his double, given it's not the same double, I think seeing it vs feeling (the defense) is just way different. Will be interesting. 

And yeah AlwaysWrestling, he lost that semis, seemingly by choice, was trying to just coast out and gave up that pushout as time expired. I think when it counts at the Worlds he will make finals 

**Edit: Not saying Euros doesn't count just saying he was clearly not giving max effort. 

and I'd wager about anything you want Demirtas doesn't come close in a rematch

He's only been at 74 for a few months now, so he will take losses. I doubt he beats Burroughs just yet, especially not right now this month. That's just going off of his performances here and in Ukraine. He got gold in Ukraine but had a lot of close matches against guys who aren't top 74s if I remember right.  Obviously he was better here pinning Tsabalov. Could he be the gold medal favourite by 2020, though? I wouldn't be surprised. 

This isn't the first time he has shown brilliance and then lose in a lackluster manner. It happens, relatively speaking, quite often. He pretty much relies on an astonishing amount of athleticism. The reconstituted JB, after Rio, relies more on tactical wrestling punctuated with an astonishing amount of athleticism. The smarter wrestler wins most of the time when things are near equal. JB wins the matches that count in a - as his style these days - nerve racking way. Beat the Streets is a competitive exhibition. Loads of fun but not all that binding..... false weigh ins, etc....

This isn't the first time he has shown brilliance and then lose in a lackluster manner. It happens, relatively speaking, quite often. He pretty much relies on an astonishing amount of athleticism. The reconstituted JB, after Rio, relies more on tactical wrestling punctuated with an astonishing amount of athleticism. The smarter wrestler wins most of the time when things are near equal. JB wins the matches that count in a - as his style these days - nerve racking way. Beat the Streets is a competitive exhibition. Loads of fun but not all that binding..... false weigh ins, etc....

Gallan I love all your post but please don't fall into the "Chamizo is inconsistent" group... he places at everything major he competes in along with two world golds. 

His athleticism is a huge part of what he does, and his defense is just plain insane, but don't minimalize his technique, or wrestling intellect, he faces very stiff competition week in and out compared to what our athletes face year round domestically, so losses are to be expected. The match will be insane, JB has a gift for pushing the pace when it matters while Chamizo is never uncomfortable, and believes his technique and penchant for scoring big from others offense is unbeatable... 

I dunno, it's all hypothetical but Chamizo lost that match because he gave 0 F's

The match with JB with the world watching ....you know it's going to go to the end . 

Love me some JB and hope he wins everything but I am predicting Chamizo 5-3 at BTS, who knows at worlds