Sign in to follow this  
Erminio8

Chishko & Dunn

HokieFan pointed out that Chishko & Dunn were both left off of VA Tech's depth chart. As a PA wrestling fan, I'm very curious about what's going on with them. Does anybody know anything?

There is a poster on the VT forum that seems to have some inside info.  He says that Chishko is still working out with the team but is 99% sure Dunn is looking for another school.  Seems strange that Chishko would be left off the depth chart if he is working out with the team though.  I think his only path is to beat out Blees at 149.  He's just not big enough for 157 and won't beat either Lewis or Laprade.

There is a poster on the VT forum that seems to have some inside info.  He says that Chishko is still working out with the team but is 99% sure Dunn is looking for another school.  Seems strange that Chishko would be left off the depth chart if he is working out with the team though.  I think his only path is to beat out Blees at 149.  He's just not big enough for 157 and won't beat either Lewis or Laprade.

Chishko is a very talented wrestler who AAed his 1st 2 years competing in college.  If he makes the commitment to add on muscle I see no reason that he cannot compete with anyone at 157 (except Nolf who is unreal) if he prepares his body for it.  

Chishko is a very talented wrestler who AAed his 1st 2 years competing in college.  If he makes the commitment to add on muscle I see no reason that he cannot compete with anyone at 157 (except Nolf who is unreal) if he prepares his body for it.  

You may be right and there's no doubt about his talent. I was sure he was going to be VT's first 4 timer.   I just have a hard time imagining him putting on that kind of size.  He got really out horsed by Hidlay in the NC State dual last year and he's never looked like a big 149 pounder to my eye.  But I'll be rooting for him.

I find this really interesting. I have no inside information anymore as I stepped away from the booster program two years ago. I'll be cutting a check in June so I'll hear about it then I suppose.

https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/article/2018/05/29/tony-robie-interview-part-2-competing-national-championship/

'Robie: Andrew Dunn will not be back at Virginia Tech next year. I’m not sure where he’s going. He has decided to transfer and continue his academic and athletic career somewhere else. I’m pretty sure he plans on wrestling, I’m not sure where or what division, but he’s not returning to Virginia Tech.

Solomon Chishko will be at Virginia Tech next year and is going to complete his degree. He’s making some decisions in terms of what his wrestling future holds. He was a junior this year; he’s got one more year left.'

Edited by KTG119

With Lewis winning Junior WTT at 163 & McFadden winning U23 at 174........ is it safe to assume that Lewis mans 165 & McFadden will bump up to 174 this upcoming season ?

Edited by Show_Me

With Lewis winning Junior WTT at 163 & McFadden winning U23 at 174........ is it safe to assume that Lewis man 165 & McFadden will bump up to 174 this upcoming season ?

No info, but yes. It's the only logical decision. Bolen has a redshirt for christ's sake and 184 is open next year

Yep, the fact that none of the assistants wanted to stay there is a pretty telling sign too.  You think Moore for sure could have gotten the head coaching gig if he wanted...

No info, but yes. It's the only logical decision. Bolen has a redshirt for christ's sake and 184 is open next year

I read that Lewis is not cutting to make 163 and McFadden was a late decision to wrestle this weekend. So it makes sense that he would be up a few pounds if he wasn't planning on going. Personally, I still think Lewis goes 157 and DMF stays put for this year at least. But I'm totally guessing...