Sign in to follow this  
buckshot1969

Edmond Ruth

Any word on him picking a college?  He just won his 2nd PA AA title so he should be gettig some serious looks.  From what I've heard the family was not happy with the way Ed's senior year was handled by PSU and that they focused all of the celebrations on Taylor.  If this is the case it could open the possibility of him going to a B1G rival

How could the family not be happy w the way Ed's senior season at PSU was handled?  They allowed him to stay on the team after his getting nailed for being nearly 3x the legal limit for drunk driving.

Just keep Edmond away from Taco Bell.

How could the family not be happy w the way Ed's senior season at PSU was handled?  They allowed him to stay on the team after his getting nailed for being nearly 3x the legal limit for drunk driving.

Taco Bell is a great way to sober up.  Just maybe walk there. 

How generous of the team to allow Ruth to win an NCAA title for them.  

How generous of the team to allow Ruth to win an NCAA title for them.  

By my math PSU would've only won 1 title during Ruth's years if they didn't get his points at NCAAs. Also, if Ruth's family is annoyed he didn't get the credit due to him, who can blame them? Ruth was a 3 time champ (and a pretty dominant one), yet David Taylor always got more credit.

Edited by TobusRex

By my math PSU would've only won 1 title during Ruth's years if they didn't get his points at NCAAs. Also, if Ruth's family is annoyed he didn't get the credit due to him, who can blame them? Ruth was a 3 time champ (and a pretty dominant one), yet David Taylor always got more credit.

Yeah, I always thought Ruth should've gotten the Hodge his sophomore year and not Taylor.

This isn't necessarily the case. You are assuming that PSU would have scored 0 at his weight had he not been there. They would have likely had someone else that could have scored some points, not as many perhaps...but maybe enough for them to still win.

This isn't necessarily the case. You are assuming that PSU would have scored 0 at his weight had he not been there. They would have likely had someone else that could have scored some points, not as many perhaps...but maybe enough for them to still win.

Maybe, but Ruth scored tons of bonus points, too.

Apparently Edmond is moving (or already has) to Clovis CA and will be attending Clovis North HS for his senior year.

Older brother Ed currently trains in the Clovis/Fresno area.

Love it

He would be the first Pennsylvania and California champ if he can pull it off. He is going to have some stiff competition but I think he does it

Apparently Edmond is moving (or already has) to Clovis CA and will be attending Clovis North HS for his senior year.

Older brother Ed currently trains in the Clovis/Fresno area.

It is being reported, but I’m not 100% that it’s going to matriculate. I know he’s recently visited Lehigh too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a little silly that Flo only has Ruth ranked 96th in the class of 2019.  If ever there were a kid with the skills for the next level, it's Edmond Ruth.  72-0 in his last two seasons in Pennsylvania.  It would be great if he ended up in the EIWA in college. 

It's a little silly that Flo only has Ruth ranked 96th in the class of 2019. If ever there were a kid with the skills for the next level, it's Edmond Ruth. 72-0 in his last two seasons in Pennsylvania. It would be great if he ended up in the EIWA in college.

He hasn’t been that many hammers

We all see the potential, but he hasn’t proven it against elite competition yet.

If his last name wasn’t Ruth, nobody would care

More credit from whom? If your answer is Penn State, can you provide a few examples?

Yeah, I always thought Ruth should've gotten the Hodge his sophomore year and not Taylor.

Taylor had more pins than Ruth that year (15 to 10), more tech falls (10 to 7), a better record

(34-0 to 32-0) & a higher bonus rate (94.1% to 84.4%). Taylor outscored him at B1Gs (24.5 to 22) and at NCAAs (30.5 to 27.5).

You would have had to ignore every single Hodge criteria to give the award to Ruth instead of Taylor that year.

Edited by PhiferFuqua

Taylor had more pins than Ruth that year (15 to 10), more tech falls (10 to 7), a better record

(34-0 to 32-0) & a higher bonus rate (94.1% to 84.4%). Taylor outscored him at B1Gs (24.5 to 22) and at NCAAs (30.5 to 27.5).

You would have had to ignore every single Hodge criteria to give the award to Ruth instead of Taylor that year.

There is no Hodge criteria.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk