Sign in to follow this  
lu_alum

NCAAs in Vegas?

See above where I apologized for coming across as a rude, pompous jerk. I meant to imply, and did a poor job of doing so, that I work daily with personal finance and feel that I have a grasp both from a personal and professional perspective of why, in my opinion, Vegas is a bad idea for many families. Please accept my insincerest internet apology.

giphy.gif

All locations have their pluses and minuses. I have been to more than 20 NCAA championships and location is never a consideration. I would like to know or understand how many of the attendees are like me and will go wherever. I think the number is significant. Maybe 50%? By moving the location it gives others the opportunity to attend this great event and then possibly deciding to attend in the future. Plus we need to get to the younger generation.

I have been to every NCAA since 2000 and location is NEVER a consideration for my group of 6.

Some sites are better than others, more expensive than others (NYC), but I enjoy every one of them with no regrets.

In the early years, I was happy when St.Louis or KC hosted as travel was simplified for our group. My view on that has changed as I believe it is good for the sport & event to move around to different locations.

Looking forward to Pittsburgh & Minny. Don't feel strongly one way or the other about Vegas but would most certainly be there if they host.

Vegas will not be bidding.

I remember seeing something that mentioned there wasn't an interest in bringing the first two rounds of the Men's basketball tournament to Vegas because the city is packed that weekend with college basketball fans that go to the city to bet on all four days of the first two rounds of NCAA basketball games.

That is the same weekend as NCAA wrestling.

I have been to every NCAA since 2000 and location is NEVER a consideration for my group of 6.

Some sites are better than others, more expensive than others (NYC), but I enjoy every one of them with no regrets.

In the early years, I was happy when St.Louis or KC hosted as travel was simplified for our group. My view on that has changed as I believe it is good for the sport & event to move around to different locations.

Looking forward to Pittsburgh & Minny. Don't feel strongly one way or the other about Vegas but would most certainly be there if they host.

Ditto with everything you've said (same year in fact, every once since 2000) but with one caveat - don't ever go to Albany again.  #NeverForget

Vegas was SO FUN for Worlds, wouldn't mind going back. 

Edited by Gantry

Vegas will not be bidding.

I remember seeing something that mentioned there wasn't an interest in bringing the first two rounds of the Men's basketball tournament to Vegas because the city is packed that weekend with college basketball fans that go to the city to bet on all four days of the first two rounds of NCAA basketball games.

That is the same weekend as NCAA wrestling.

You do realize that Vegas submitted a bid that included wrestling on the last cycle?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/ncaa-tournament/las-vegas-still-on-outside-looking-in-for-hosting-ncaa-championships/ 

"NCAA president Mark Emmert said as much Thursday when he announced that a bid from Las Vegas Events for three championships — men’s basketball, men’s ice hockey and wrestling — would not be considered for the upcoming cycle of awarding sites for championships when the Board of Governors meets April 25."

You do realize that Vegas submitted a bid that included wrestling on the last cycle?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/ncaa-tournament/las-vegas-still-on-outside-looking-in-for-hosting-ncaa-championships/ 

"NCAA president Mark Emmert said as much Thursday when he announced that a bid from Las Vegas Events for three championships — men’s basketball, men’s ice hockey and wrestling — would not be considered for the upcoming cycle of awarding sites for championships when the Board of Governors meets April 25."[/size]

A gateway bid? Wanting a lower profile sport to get a bid to open the way for Regional Finals for basketball to be permitted.

It is always possible I am wrong on the subject since there are a lot of factions and different venues but from what I have heard that weekend isn't one that has an interest in hosting.

Does Nevada have a D1 program?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No...but UNLV and Nevada-Reno both have NCWA club programs.

FB_IMG_1527460988470.jpg

Edited by rjs