• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

My understanding is that in case of inclement weather, the event simply gets cancelled.  Trying to confirm.

If true, USAW ordering it to rain tomorrow clearly proves their motives.

"Yeah, by far, Flo is the biggest problem in the sport."   --- Lurker

#2 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:52 AM

So Rich Bender is now controlling the weather....

#3 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:52 AM

There's really no back-up plan?  It's going to rain all week here and they could have seen this coming at last 2 weeks out.  

Couldn't they at wrestle the matches at NYAC and televise it that way?

#4 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:09 AM

There's really no back-up plan?  It's going to rain all week here and they could have seen this coming at last 2 weeks out.  

Couldn't they at wrestle the matches at NYAC and televise it that way?

Ticket says no refund for inclement weather....And get a load of this....I bought two tix and got an email last night saying one of them is being refunded due to being over sold.  But the other one isn't....Only wrestling.

Calling now to confirm all wrestling cancelled if rain.

#5 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

Confirmed that if it rains, there is no backup indoor venue and no rain date.  And no refunds if cancelled.

Their suggestion to having cancelled one ticket and not the other is for neither person to come.  But no refund on the 2nd ticket (not that I wanted one).

SMH.

#6 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:26 AM

Confirmed that if it rains, there is no backup indoor venue and no rain date.  And no refunds if cancelled.

Their suggestion to having cancelled one ticket and not the other is for neither person to come.  But no refund on the 2nd ticket (not that I wanted one).

SMH.

Grade A event planning right there.  I guess it's for a good cause... still sucks. 

• cjc007 and GranbyTroll like this

#7 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

Grade A event planning right there.  I guess it's for a good cause... still sucks. 

Yeah, there planning is as good as my ability to post this in the right forum.

If there are any mods left, appreciate it if you move it.

#8 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

This site says there is a backup indoor venue, but girl on phone says that is incorrect.....

https://www.eventbri...ets-44155614632

#9 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:22 AM

This site says there is a backup indoor venue, but girl on phone says that is incorrect.....

They have to have a backup plan

#10 stonerd7

stonerd7

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:24 AM

Solution is moving to an indoor location but seating is going to be very limited....so all the general admission tickets will be a no-go....only the big ticket purchasers/sponsors/donors

#11 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

Solution is moving to an indoor location but seating is going to be very limited....so all the general admission tickets will be a no-go....only the big ticket purchasers/sponsors/donors

If that is the case, that is understandable, but I would hope they still set up an area to watch it streamed elsewhere.

#12 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:34 AM

Perhaps she's speaking specifically to general admission tickets.  It just can't be possible that they'd fly out all of the athletes and then cancel the event altogether due to rain. 

#13 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:45 AM

SMH.

Quit complaining!  We are lucky to have events like this.  Everyone gripes about the slightest thing around here, no wonder wrestling isn't growing.  (sarcasm)

• headache and Angry_Fish like this

Record Holder:  Most Escapes in a Season

#14 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:05 AM

Are you calling eventbrite or bts? If it’s bts, the answer here is very easy. Call again and threaten to file a class action lawsuit and to report the charity as a scam. These are New Yorkers, so the only way to possibly win with them is to act a bit crazy so they decide you’re not worth the hassle.

If it’s eventbrite, you won’t get anywhere. You’ll just be yelling at a corporate drone. I recommend calling bts or tweeting at mike novogratz.

Here is one conspiracy theory angle that you can take: the 25 dollar tickets were announced on May 3rd. By that point they knew it was likely to rain. So the whole point of releasing the tickets was to scam people out of money because the bankers who pay the real $350 price would never want to be associated with the general masses.

Edited by Billyhoyle, 16 May 2018 - 06:06 AM.

#15 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:37 AM

weird-al-foil.png

#16 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:52 AM

weird-al-foil.png

Exactly. New Yorkers will respect that crazy guy more than somebody driving in from NJ.

#17 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

There was only one match worth a **** anyway.  Just put Burroughs and Chamizo in some random HS gym. 

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#18 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

There was only one match worth a **** anyway. Just put Burroughs and Chamizo in some random HS gym.

Great idea. That way they can watch the Oliver:Asgarov super match.
  • LemonPie likes this

#19 cbg

cbg

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

Good cause my backside!  If the event is canceled for any reason the patrons should have the option of being refunded or donating the money to BTS!  Why should I be shocked at the BS being shoved down peoples throat.

Edited by cbg, 16 May 2018 - 08:31 AM.

#20 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:18 AM

Good cause my backside! If the event is canceled for any reason the patrons should have the option of being refunded or donating the money to USA Wrestling! Why should I be shocked at the BS being shoved down peoples throat by USA Wrestling.

Don’t you mean donate to BTS, an after school program that helps inner city kids wrestle? I don’t think USAW has anything to do with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users