Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Now USAW has Ordered Rain for BtS

After watching the BtS matches, and seeing all the athletes slipping, I would like to see the mat companies develop a mat with an somewhat sticky surface or another type of surface that increases an athletes traction to be exclusively used for events like this one. I know that this "new" mat would have to be stored and dried differently than a normal mat, but after seeing the matches and all the various slips and loss of footing, it might be something to look into.

After watching the BtS matches, and seeing all the athletes slipping, I would like to see the mat companies develop a mat with an somewhat sticky surface or another type of surface that increases an athletes traction to be exclusively used for events like this one. I know that this "new" mat would have to be stored and dried differently than a normal mat, but after seeing the matches and all the various slips and loss of footing, it might be something to look into.

Not worth the time or effort for one off events.

Maybe a better use for R&D$ would be to find a shoe sole material that would perform similarly under wet and dry conditions. That way, it would be applicable to both outdoors wrestling and wrestling on a sweaty mat.