• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 cbg

cbg

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:30 AM

Don’t you mean donate to BTS, an after school program that helps inner city kids wrestle? I don’t think USAW has anything to do with this.

Yes, my mistake.

#22 KCMO2

KCMO2

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:24 PM

Are you calling eventbrite or bts? If it’s bts, the answer here is very easy. Call again and threaten to file a class action lawsuit and to report the charity as a scam. These are New Yorkers, so the only way to possibly win with them is to act a bit crazy so they decide you’re not worth the hassle.

Here is one conspiracy theory angle that you can take: the 25 dollar tickets were announced on May 3rd. By that point they knew it was likely to rain. So the whole point of releasing the tickets was to scam people out of money because the bankers who pay the real $350 price would never want to be associated with the general masses.

I don't see how they could take your money, cancel the event, and then refuse refunds.  Regardless of the reason for cancelling, that just seems like highway robbery.  Some posters are saying, but it's for a good cause.  Well, that's not the point.  It's not acceptable to pay for something, get zero in return, and then be refused a refund.  Even Flo (grudgingly) offered to make it up to people when they screwed up the Penn. St/tOSU dual last year.

Edited by KCMO2, 16 May 2018 - 03:27 PM.

• headache likes this

#23 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

Most, if not all, one off outdoor events explicitly state that refunds will not be given in the event of inclement weather. Did the BtS policy say this at the beginning? If so, then it is buyer beware.

#24 headache

headache

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:51 AM

This site says there is a backup indoor venue, but girl on phone says that is incorrect.....

https://www.eventbri...ets-44155614632

Sounds like a contract - BTS better be prepared to refund money.

#25 headache

headache

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:55 AM

Ah . . . being a wrestling fan is like dating Miley Cyrus - have to put up with a lot.

#26 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

After watching the BtS matches, and seeing all the athletes slipping, I would like to see the mat companies develop a mat with an somewhat sticky surface or another type of surface that increases an athletes traction to be exclusively used for events like this one. I know that this "new" mat would have to be stored and dried differently than a normal mat, but after seeing the matches and all the various slips and loss of footing, it might be something to look into.

#27 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:34 AM

After watching the BtS matches, and seeing all the athletes slipping, I would like to see the mat companies develop a mat with an somewhat sticky surface or another type of surface that increases an athletes traction to be exclusively used for events like this one. I know that this "new" mat would have to be stored and dried differently than a normal mat, but after seeing the matches and all the various slips and loss of footing, it might be something to look into.

Not worth the time or effort for one off events.

#28 Yellow_Medal

Yellow_Medal

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

Maybe a better use for R&D$ would be to find a shoe sole material that would perform similarly under wet and dry conditions. That way, it would be applicable to both outdoors wrestling and wrestling on a sweaty mat. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users