CoachWrestling

Beat the Streets was a circus show

A. None of the other wrestlers seem to train hard for it. We win a lot of the matches at the end because we are in better shape at the time.

B. Obvious home cooking by the refs.

C. The mats being like an ice rink. What major sport would ever have the integrity of the sport compromised with an inadequate playing field?

D. Burroughs showed little class in victory, wasn’t too happy with his behavior. 

Thoughts?

Playing football in the elements is part of football. There's different equipment that football players can use/wear and teams specifically train/prepare for those types of field conditions. Wrestling on a wet surface from the elements is not typical or ever really are part of the sport due to it being an indoor sport.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

A. None of the other wrestlers seem to train hard for it. We win a lot of the matches at the end because we are in better shape at the time.

C. The mats being like an ice rink. What major sport would ever have the integrity of the sport compromised with an inadequate playing field?

D. Burroughs showed little class in victory, wasn’t too happy with his behavior. 

Thoughts?

I almost feel like the foreign wrestlers the play the role of the Washington Generals every year... that they understand what their role in this grand spectacle is, and it’s not to win. I’m not saying they throw the matches, but for whatever reason they seem to be about six points worse at this event if not more. Even though it was close, somehow I had just no doubt that Jordan Oliver was going to win against a guy with Olympic Gold and Silver despite not having made the US Team as of yet. It’s BTS after all.

You could probably sum it up just by saying that the Americans are very motivated to win, whereas the other wrestlers are just happy to have the chance to see New York City.

And yes the mat conditions were absolutely unacceptable.

I cannot believe our wrestling community can be this whiny and bitchy.

IT IS A CHARITY EXHIBITION. Where the athletes are paid to come and put on a show to raise money for, and hopefully inspire, inner city kids. It's a show, not a competiton of any substance. THATS A GOOD THING for our sport. Period.

Anyone who has a problem with it I would suggest tuning into Days of our Lives, it would seem to suit you much better.

Good day to all.

Edited by Lurker

Didn't see the match but you are surprised Burroughs didn't show class? This is the same guy who received a gift for the birth of his new born baby from the Iran wrestling federation at the 2016 world cup (when he pulled out at the last second due to the birth and that other American 74 had to wrestle Yazdani) and then went on twitter and posted a pic of the gift saying that Yazdani gave it to him for sparing him by not wrestling at world cup. Very classless, you don't do that when given a gift.  A shame we never got to see Yazdani beat him but getting 10-0 by Abdurakhmanov made up for it. 

Jesus Christ I cannot believe our wrestling community can be this whiny and bitchy.

IT IS A CHARITY EXHIBITION. Where the athletes are paid to come and put on a show to raise money for, and hopefully inspire, inner city kids. It's a show, not a competiton of any substance. THATS A GOOD THING for our sport. Period.

Anyone who has a problem with it I would suggest tuning into Days of our Lives, it would seem to suit you much better.

Good day to all.

So you whine and bitch about people who whine and bitch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What did JB do?

Nothing bad at all.  He shook the guy's hand and they embraced each other.  Then they both spoke about respecting each other in the post-match interview.  Pretty good sportsmanship in fact considering some of the internet talking they were doing pre-match.

Didn't see the match but you are surprised Burroughs didn't show class? This is the same guy who received a gift for the birth of his new born baby from the Iran wrestling federation at the 2016 world cup (when he pulled out at the last second due to the birth and that other American 74 had to wrestle Yazdani) and then went on twitter and posted a pic of the gift saying that Yazdani gave it to him for sparing him by not wrestling at world cup. Very classless, you don't do that when given a gift.  A shame we never got to see Yazdani beat him but getting 10-0 by Abdurakhmanov made up for it. 

how was his behavior last night less than classy?

was anything he said not true? 

why did he have same day weigh ins? 

give yourself a break. 

Not aware of Burroughs doing/saying this (I don't do Twitter), but if true then not a very classy way to accept a generous gift.

Wresting is an indoor sport therefore weather is NEVER a factor.

NFL is an outdoor sport so weather is ALWAYS a factor.

C

i named one. 

I'm really surprised to hear this. Seems extremely out of character for JB. Maybe he meant it as a friendly competitive dig more than a diss. I just can't see him doing this in a derogatory way, but I only know JB from the media, so what do I know. 

still wondering what JB did that showed little class. 

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I thought the home cooking by refs was absolutely embarassing. Refs determined the out come in at least three matches.

The Snyder match seemed like a WWE match that was "set up" in advance.

J.O. getting points for finger locking. He was as guilty as Asgarov.

As far as the mat..Not sure they could of done anything about that ahead of time.

I guess if you are a big fan of WWE, you would like the entertainment factor.

I didn't like the interlocking fingers call but I've seen the same call by an international ref abroad a few times and it's one of those calls that's hard to make objectively. Usually, you're trying to pick the worst offender as opposed to THE offender. I hate rules like that but you have to have them as a deterrent.

Snyder/WWE: agreed. Not a good look for our poster boy. Maybe he didn't take the event seriously either, and it showed.

And yes, what did JB do?? From the video coverage, I saw nothing out of the ordinary. He seemed happy and relieved to win, that's it.