CoachWrestling

Beat the Streets was a circus show

i had no issues with BTS... yeah the mat was a little suspect, but, that did not detract from my enjoyment of the wrestling...

the refs were just doing what has been instructed... aggressively call the negative wrestling... it has been a thing domestically this season...

on a somewhat unrelated note...

spey... head check for the clutch shirt in the weekend breakdown...  

It was in jest. This humorless individual is intentionally ignoring the layer of humor in order stir up controversy. 

Okay, I thought that might be the case--like I said, I didn't see the original and couldn't really comment.  He's always conducted himself as a great role model in my observation.

I saw home cooking for JO and JB; the finger fighting call, and JB's first "takedown" when Chorizo was in a tripod, respectively. What was the home cooking in Snyder's match? 

Unrelated: Was Chorizo speaking Spanish or Italian in his pre-match interview? 

Didn't see the match but you are surprised Burroughs didn't show class? This is the same guy who received a gift for the birth of his new born baby from the Iran wrestling federation at the 2016 world cup (when he pulled out at the last second due to the birth and that other American 74 had to wrestle Yazdani) and then went on twitter and posted a pic of the gift saying that Yazdani gave it to him for sparing him by not wrestling at world cup. Very classless, you don't do that when given a gift.  A shame we never got to see Yazdani beat him but getting 10-0 by Abdurakhmanov made up for it. 

Wow lots of haters for best in the world,

I saw home cooking for JO and JB; the finger fighting call, and JB's first "takedown" when Chorizo was in a tripod, respectively. What was the home cooking in Snyder's match? 

Spanish.

A. None of the other wrestlers seem to train hard for it. We win a lot of the matches at the end because we are in better shape at the time.

B. Obvious home cooking by the refs.

C. The mats being like an ice rink. What major sport would ever have the integrity of the sport compromised with an inadequate playing field?

D. Burroughs showed little class in victory, wasn’t too happy with his behavior. 

Thoughts?

a) "wrestlers didn't train hard" but were in better shape???????

c) agreed......except about the integrity....cancel, lose money?  this event was awesome, the wrestlers know in an outdoor event things can happen - they did this to grow the sport - plain and simple

Edited by Dstruck

"Chorizo?"

I have seen/heard a number of people go in on Burroughs for his behavior yesterday, so there's definitely some smoke there. I haven't yet heard a good description of what exactly he is supposed to have done, so we're still waiting for the fire.

Burroughs has gotten a little cranky here in the back half of his career.

my guys, beat the streets it's supposed to be a circus. the world team trials challenge tournament is in Rochester the next 3 days. save your super serious criticisms for that please. thank you. 

That's fine and all, but the mat situation looked out of hand.  Nobody appeared to have been injured as a result of the mat conditions, but I think they lucked out a bit in that respect.  

A. None of the other wrestlers seem to train hard for it. We win a lot of the matches at the end because we are in better shape at the time.

B. Obvious home cooking by the refs.

C. The mats being like an ice rink. What major sport would ever have the integrity of the sport compromised with an inadequate playing field?

D. Burroughs showed little class in victory, wasn’t too happy with his behavior. 

Thoughts?

D.  You are the classless one, calling one of the worlds most respected wrestlers out.  He is pure class.   

I have a post regarding this topic in the  "Chamizo's weight class" thread, so I am not going to elaborate here. 

So you whine and bitch about people who whine and bitch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not even close. I simply called out the whiners, explained why it's ridiculous in this case, and suggested what seems to be a suitable alternative. Note the difference

Thoughts?

Didn't see the match but you are surprised Burroughs didn't show class? This is the same guy who received a gift for the birth of his new born baby from the Iran wrestling federation at the 2016 world cup (when he pulled out at the last second due to the birth and that other American 74 had to wrestle Yazdani) and then went on twitter and posted a pic of the gift saying that Yazdani gave it to him for sparing him by not wrestling at world cup. Very classless, you don't do that when given a gift.  A shame we never got to see Yazdani beat him but getting 10-0 by Abdurakhmanov made up for it. 

Man, I hope you guys are just trolling.

After beating Chamizo, JB shook hands, embraced, and looked like he said some complimentary words.  Did you see the video?  Not sure what else you want.

As for Iran, its hard to think of any current US wrestler who has been more complimentary of Iran or their fans, or vice-versa -- a mutual affection that seems to have started with the 2012 post-Olympic embrace of Goudarzi and JB.

As for the World Cup gift, immediately afterwards JB posted on Twitter:  "Iran thank you for honoring our family with a gift before the dual! 1f1fa-1f1f8.png2764.png1f1ee-1f1f7.png"   See https://twitter.com/alliseeisgold/status/742167279979352064?lang=en

Then the joke:  "@FloWrestling Turns out the gift from Iran last night was actually a present from Yazdani. He wanted to thank me for not wrestling in LA. 1f602.png"  See https://twitter.com/alliseeisgold/status/742488260371435529?lang=en

Unless you have absolutely zero sense of humor, there is nothing remotely disrespectful there.

JB doesn't hide his confidence -- and yes, on the mat he can sometime push the envelope with his handfighting -- but overall he is a model sportsman, and a great ambassador for the sport and the U.S.