CoachWrestling

Beat the Streets was a circus show

The elements are part of football, but they SHOULDN'T be. I played football for 7 years in all sorts of conditions and I think it's preposterous to have HS boys, or younger, out on a field playing in freezing conditions. As a Sr we had a playoff game against Bristow deep in the playoffs. It was about 3 degrees, SLEETING, and the wind was blowing like a banshee. No running backs could get any traction and kept falling down (on both sides). The QBs couldn't throw the ball with the thick gloves on their hands and had problems even holding onto the ball. The week after the game nearly everybody came down with colds, bronchitis, etc.

When weather conditions are bad football games should be canceled for the health of they players, not to mention adverse driving conditions that endanger the fans.

I agree, but my main point is that it's not a fair comparison. Wrestling on a wet mat due to the elements is not something built into the rules and structure of wrestling, where as it is in Football.

I agree, but my main point is that it's not a fair comparison. Wrestling on a wet mat due to the elements is not something built into the rules and structure of wrestling, where as it is in Football.

And therein lies the problem with wrestling's popularity: our staid mindset. If visiting the Spearmint Rhino taught me anything it's this: naked chicks wrestling in a mudpit is a huge draw.

NCAA wrestling should follow that lead....

I'd probably take Chorizo over Churroughs 2/3 times. 

What if they were from the same country under the old qualifying system, and Churroughs won a world medal the year before, so Chorizo would have to navigate the bracket and try to defeat Churroughs 2 out of 3 after probably having not much left to give after the ravenous opponents in the mini-tournament? 

Would you still pick Chorizo over Churroughs if it was fifth time having Chorizo that day? Wouldn't it be time for Chrroughs? 

What I'm trying to say is this: I'm looking forward to Final X and dinner.