dmm53

Senior World Team Trials

True but glad he lost, keep him working harder for next year. He will be around a long time. very special wrestler.heavyweight that is that good this young. Wow

Edited by cangemi

Are Dieringer and Valencia scheduled to wrestle in the Saturday finals or do they wrestle Sunday?   

Frankly, I find this new format somewhat confusing.

When does the winner wrestle Dake?

I think that's in Lehigh?

I think the us open gives you right to wait this weekend.

Then tomorrow decides who goes for final 2 at Lehigh.

As I said I think?

Edited by cangemi

Are Dieringer and Valencia scheduled to wrestle in the Saturday finals or do they wrestle Sunday?

Frankly, I find this new format somewhat confusing.

When does the winner wrestle Dake?

Tomorrow is the finals to see who goes to Final X to face either the returning medalist or the US Open winner. Those events take place throughout June.

Best 2 Of 3 Matchups (Sunday)

57kg: Tony Ramos (Sunkist Kids) vs Daton Fix (Titan Mercury) 

61kg: Nahshon Garrett (Sunkist Kids) vs Nico Megaludis (Nittany Lion WC)

65kg: Jaydin Eierman (Titan Mercury) vs Logan Stieber (Titan Mercury)

70kg: Jason Chamberlain (Titan Mercury) vs Frank Molinaro (Titan Mercury)

74kg: Isaiah Martinez (Titan Mercury) vs Nazar Kulchytskyy (Titan Mercury)

79kg: Alex Dieringer (Titan Mercury) vs Zahid Valencia (Sunkist Kids)

86kg: Richard Perry (NYAC) vs Nick Reenan (Titan Mercury)

92kg: Hayden Zillmer (Minnesota Storm) vs Deron Winn (Titan Mercury)

97kg: Austin Schafer (NYAC) vs Kyven Gadson (Sunkist Kids)

125kg: Adam Coon (NYAC) vs  Tony Nelson (Minnesota Storm)

Challenge Tourney Finals Results

Semifinal Results

Quarterfinal Results

Tomorrow is the finals to see who goes to Final X to face either the returning medalist or the US Open winner. Those events take place throughout June.

Sitting at Final X are:

57 KG - Thomas Gilman

61 KG - Joe Colon

65 KG - Joey McKenna

70 KG - James Green

74 KG - Jordan Burroughs

79 KG - Kyle Dake

86 KG - David Taylor

92 KG - J’Den Cox

97 KG - Kyle Snyder

125 KG - Nick Gwiazdowski

I find this new WTT system stupid, confusing and it just alienates fans.  I was watching all day to see Dieringer and Valencia wrestle at 79kg in the finals.  I'm still not absolutely sure when they are supposed to wrestle.  Do they realize how ambiguous and confusing this sounds:   Tomorrow they wrestle in the finals so they can wrestle in Final X?

I find this new WTT system stupid, confusing and it just alienates fans.  I was watching all day to see Dieringer and Valencia wrestle at 79kg in the finals.  I'm still not absolutely sure when they are supposed to wrestle.  Do they realize how ambiguous and confusing this sounds:   Tomorrow they wrestle in the finals so they can wrestle in Final X?

They're wrestling tomorrow.  I agree that this system is very bad in terms of fans. It creates a lot of content for flowrestling to stream online, but it's not TV friendly at all.  Instead of one major event, there are now four much less exciting events.  

It is a little confusing, but also because it's the first year.  Once we go through one it'll be very easy to figure out. 

As far as "alienating fans" I disagree - the whole reason they are doing it is because the old system had no fans.  Nobody went to WTTs, it had no fans. Final X accomplishes two big things:

1)  The previous world medalist is now on a level playing field with regards to rest at Final X

2)  They are spreading out the events to different fan bases to see what the interest level is.

Will it work?  I'm not sure, but it's certainly worth a shot because the old system was a failure in terms of engagement and people showing up.  So far the online engagement for US Open and WTTs has been just as good as any other year imo.  Stevenson and Fix have been a big boost to storylines. 

If you're still not sure when they are wrestling you're not paying attention at all.

I like it. Provides more wrestling. Spreads the competition out to within the reach of more fans. The final best of three is an even playing field (meaning one is not coming through a challenge tournament same day as the best of three), while still providing some reward for the returning world medalist. Great stuff. Step in the right direction.