I'm not going to say Zahid will win, because Dake is a gamer and finds ways to win...usually.  I am looking forward to it though.  I'm rooting for Zahid to pull off the upset, and he has the skill to do it. It's just a question of whether Dake can come up with a win as he has against a lot of other opponents.  

I'm amazed by Zahid today, but I'm not so sure that what he demolished Ringer with will work on Dake.  Dake will be hugging the ground in his gorilla two hands down stance, and if Zahid shoots into it, he will send him flying on chest wraps and crotch lifts to make him pay when Ringer didn't at all.

Gosh and to think Hall was upset he lost to this guy in the finals. I think Hall is going 163 after seeing this!!! Dake better get his this year!!!!!! Can you imagine Zahid vs Taylor in 2020. Wonder if Bo can make advancements once he graduates college. Man we are looking good as a team!!!!

Edited by PRyan2012

Does Dake hang it up if Zahid beats him this year?

Probably not being JB aging. will go through 2020 for sure. It is all about Olympic Gold. World gold is great but Olympic Gold almost solidifies ones worth in the wrestling world...ie $$$ If you are a NCAA champ and Olympic champ your future is set if you have a good head on your shoulders.

Edited by PRyan2012

Zahid 2 years from now, competing up against DT and Cox, is going to be just as intriguing as 74kg race between JB/Burroughs/Ringer. 
Man we are going to have a solid back end of our line-up, everyone could be an Olympic Medalist. 
I also expect Zain and Fix/Lee to emerge as medal contenders by then. We are going to be tough to beat in 20/20

Who is coaching Valencia? I think Dake will be well scouted, so that chest lock opportunity may very well not present itself.

If you shoot from distance like Zahid tends to do a lot, you are taking that risk. It's not a move you can "scout" to avoid unless you change your style. Even JB got caught in it. The way to get a TD on Dake is to clear his arms and then shoot--infinitely easier said than done--and even then you're going to get a scramble. Zahid is so quick that he may catch Dake flat-footed and blow through him a la JB. But now that Dake is expecting that shot, I find it hard to believe he can do to Dake what he did to Ringer.

That low single from Zahid is lethal, but Dake is the type of scrambler who can score off of low shots more often than not.

I DO think it's a bad style matchup for Zahid for those reasons. I see it as Dake in 2.

Gosh and to think Hall was upset he lost to this guy in the finals. I think Hall is going 163 after seeing this!!! Dake better get his this year!!!!!! Can you imagine Zahid vs Taylor in 2020. Wonder if Bo can make advancements once he graduates college. Man we are looking good as a team!!!!

I agree that Hall is probably headed down. He is not cracking the US team even as the third wheel at 174 or 189. At 163, at least he can be on the team, although he won't start until JB retires.

Zahid vs. DT 2020. I am very much looking forward to that!! Zahid has the frame and length to nullify DT's reach and leverage advantage and he is quicker than DT, albeit less polished. I think DT pounds him today but in two years, it could be very interesting indeed. Bo Nickal won't beat either guy, in my opinion. He got destroyed by Zahid the last time they wrestled and Zahid has only improved, and very substantially, since then.

Yes but father time is not on JB side by 2020. He will be 34/35. Hall's best chance in 163 and if he progresses or IMAR or Dake. So many things can change! Another young stud? I really think we can repeat as a team!

Valencia v. Dake should be great. Let's hope it lives up to the hype. Dake's defense/scrambling is superior to Ringer's so I expect a different type of match. Dake's offense is more diversified as well. This match tops the list of final x matches I am looking forward to. 

1. Dake v. Valencia

2. Fix v. Gilman-Lots of hype on Fix and he looked great this weekend. Little trash talk right after too..."I'm coming!"

3. Stieber v. McKenna-tOSU v. tOSU and Stieber can be vulnerable and great seemingly at any time. 

4. JB v. IMar-Just curious to see the gap. 

5. Gwiz v. Coon-Gwiz has looked really good but Coon is huge and could see him getting it done actually.

6. Colon v. Garrett-I think Garrett may turn it around if he can tone it down. Looked good in the finals. Hoping for an all out assault by both wrestlers like last time.

Tie 7. Taylor v. Reenan-Just like watching Taylor wrestle, but don't expect this to be competitive.

Tie 7. Snyder v. Gadsen-Was intrigued last time and Snyder torched him. Like watching Snyder as well though.

9. Cox v. Zilmer-likely to be very controlled, but a big Mizzou fan so I moved it ahead of Green Chamberlain.

10. Green v. Chamberlain-Expect Green to win, just not looking as forward to this as the others.

So it has gone Taylor is the future and will beat Dake, then Dieringer, then Imar, then Hall and now Valencia who will certainly overtake him, just you wait, etc., etc.   

Completely agree, Dake has been our world team rep the past 10 years for a reason! He is untouchable and people need to get that through their heads!

Completely agree, Dake has been our world team rep the past 10 years for a reason! He is untouchable and people need to get that through their heads!

I know you're being factious, but aside from right when he bumped up the weight, he has not really lost to anyone who wasn't a world/olympic medalist in a long time.

I know you're being factious, but aside from right when he bumped up the weight, he has not really lost to anyone who wasn't a world/olympic medalist in a long time.

Of course he has only lost to great people, but that said he has still beenmour world team rep 0 times so to act as if he has yet to be "dethroned" is just silly as he has never had a throne to begin with. 

Only person in the last year to even sniff at Ringer was Dake in the 5-5 OPEN decision, and then Zahid just mauled him, in the first senior level event he has competed in at this new weight. 

So to ridicule people for saying "wow wonder if Zahid will give Dake problems" by listening off all the people who he has beaten is silly. 

Both Zahid and Dake have been our Senior rep at the world championships an equal number of times to this point.

Yes but father time is not on JB side by 2020. He will be 34/35. Hall's best chance in 163 and if he progresses or IMAR or Dake. So many things can change! Another young stud? I really think we can repeat as a team!

Burroughs will be on the younger side of 32 when the Olympics roll around. 

The last time Zahid and Nickal wrestled is the only time they wrestled to the best of my recollection. A 2 match set where the 2nd match was decided by 1 pt.

Zahid beat him 11/0 in the first bout and 1/0 in the second bout (best of three).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

Of course he has only lost to great people, but that said he has still beenmour world team rep 0 times so to act as if he has yet to be "dethroned" is just silly as he has never had a throne to begin with. 

Only person in the last year to even sniff at Ringer was Dake in the 5-5 OPEN decision, and then Zahid just mauled him, in the first senior level event he has competed in at this new weight. 

So to ridicule people for saying "wow wonder if Zahid will give Dake problems" by listening off all the people who he has beaten is silly. 

Both Zahid and Dake have been our Senior rep at the world championships an equal number of times to this point.

That's fair