• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#161 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:28 AM

Maybe not this time, but within 18 months Valencia beats Dake.

Taylor never will.

Valencia will get some takedowns with his low level attacks and overpower Dake a time or two. Hope Valencia can spend some time with John Smith on technique to refine things. He may be older but Smith is the guy who can work with Valencia on finesse to go with his drive.

You're probably right, but Dake would never beat Taylor up at 86kg now. 

#162 bp2xbw

bp2xbw
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Maybe not this time, but within 18 months Valencia beats Dake.

Taylor never will.

Valencia will get some takedowns with his low level attacks and overpower Dake a time or two. Hope Valencia can spend some time with John Smith on technique to refine things. He may be older but Smith is the guy who can work with Valencia on finesse to go with his drive.

Maybe, but Ringer is john Smith's guy. Doubt he wants to put more distance between the two.

#163 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

You're probably right, but Dake would never beat Taylor up at 86kg now. 

Just like he would never beat him up at 165. Or just like he would never beat him up at 86 kg the last time he beat him.

#164 Flying-Tiger

Flying-Tiger

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,603 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

As good as Valencia has looked, I can't pick against Dake. Expect him to neutralize Zahid's offense just like he did to DT.

A Kinder, Gentler Machine Gun Hand

#165 spladle

spladle

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

Are they up next weekend?

#166 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:09 PM

Just like he would never beat him up at 165. Or just like he would never beat him up at 86 kg the last time he beat him.

Why'd you have to bring facts into this?  He had a great narrative going before your facts messed it up.

#167 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

Zahid's last name should be Alvarez.  That way he would be at the top of the alphabetical list but with a first name at the last.  Kind of cool.  He probably likes it the way it is I'm guessing!!

mspart

#168 nyum

nyum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

Zahid's last name should be Alvarez. That way he would be at the top of the alphabetical list but with a first name at the last. Kind of cool. He probably likes it the way it is I'm guessing!!

mspart

What in tarnation
  • Husker_Du likes this

#169 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,572 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:19 AM

Dake looked kind of slow and clunky at 86 Kg. Just saying. He looks better at 79 Kg, and even better still at the Oly weight of 74 Kg. But Burroughs. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#170 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:17 AM

What in tarnation

Just lightening things up.  I thought it was funny at least.  I love your reaction!!

mspart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users