Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

World Team Trials - College Impact

Zahid looked incredible. He could very well go undefeated in the next two years. He beat the crap out of Ringer twice. Didn’t give up a single takedown in 12 minutes.

Nick Reenan is going to be a title contender. He is likely going 184. While he didn’t have the best competition, he still beat many high level AAs in these last 2 tournaments. Bo and Myles, if both are at 84, will be favorites over him but he is on that level imo. Soundly beating Perry twice is pretty impressive.

Fix - amazing. Will be interesting to see him on bottom and top in folk, but there are very few guys who can compete with him on the feet. Spencer Lee is certainly one of them. Possibly Suriano and Gross too. He dominated Kolkata, Zane Richards and Zach Sanders. Then he killed Tony Ramos, including hitting a beautiful inside trip c

Steveson- got kind of screwed vs Nelson, but it is what it is. He is competitive with Tony freaking Nelson and beat Dom. Still think he might be the best high school prospect ever. Doing what he is doing at heavyweight is unprecedented.

Wick - we knew he was good. He about met expectations with his 3rd place finish. Didn’t have any crazy wins but he is still a contender at 165 next season.

Hidlay - he is super good. He dominated Dylan Ness and had a close loss to Molinaro. If Nolf wasn’t a thing, he would’ve been an undefeated freshman champ. Excited for his future. Yes another nc state guy far exceeding expectations.

Eierman - dominated Jayson Ness (pin) and Nick Dardenes. I see 4 contenders at this weight - Yianni, Brock, McKenna and Eierman.

Gross - right about where expected. He is competitive with our best guys but his defense is suspect and he can’t make up for it in free on the mat like he can in folk. He is right there. If Hahn can help him figure that out, he will make a team one day.

Agree good analysis.  That said as well as Reenan has wrestled I don't see him as a title contender next year.  He may have jumped levels and will prove me wrong, but he always seems to have much better results in International styles than he does in folk.  He's in the right room though...

Eierman looked bigger than Steiber to me but he had an interview and IIRC walks around in the upper 140s and will be staying there. 

McKenna has had weight issues in the past but that was at 60kg.  Don't think he has much trouble with 141, if he did he probably would have went 149 this year. 

Kevin Jack probably weighs about 175 right now, but he graduated.  Would have been my first pick to move up...

Been posted a couple times that Yanni is staying at 141

Thorn going 149

Zahid Valencia was our most impressive performer at WTTs amd Kyle Dake has his hands full.  Zahid is bigger than Dake and he brings a skill set that is reminiscent of Jordan Burroughs.  Zahid controlled Dieringer.  He also handled Hall during the college season.  There's nothing left to figure out about Zahid.  He's a monster talent.