Sign in to follow this  
PRyan2012

Gadsen

He is big. Would have a serious cut to 203. Also he wouldn’t be 50/50 with Cox.

I like that we have somebody who can somewhat push Kyle

Cox or Gadsen?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't put much stock in BTS results, but it showed that just like anyone, Snyder can be caught from time to time.  If anyone in the US is gonna do it, it's gonna be Kyven.  That said, if he somehow catches Snyder a couple times, which wont happen, he goes 0-1 or 0-2 at worlds.  We need Kyle.

Edited by airmail

Gadson is a lot bigger than he was in college. He was having trouble making 97 earlier this year, but he became more disciplined and now feels good there. 92 would be a hellacious cut, and frankly I doubt its possible at this point.

Not being a hater here but, where are we getting that he is a gold medal contender? His international medal count includes bronzes at the Schultz and Pelado. Not exactly the most competitive tournaments on the UWW schedule.

Gadsen is going to be teched in both matches against Snyder.

He's not beating J'Den either.

Gadsen had his win over Kyle. He's not getting another one.

J'Den could go 97 with a much better chance to beat Snyder than Gadsen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

Those two wins were only two/three years ago against Cox. And they were not fluke pins. Just saying if I were Gadsen I would get in shape-not saying he is a Gold medal threat. Snyder wins by 15 points over Gadsen SO WHY NOT TAKE A SHOT at Cox....... he has a chance is all I was saying.

Those wins were over three years ago, and the regular and eyeball test will show that Cox has improved exponentially since then, particularly in freestyle. The second thing I would ask is why do we know with such certainty that 92 is in the cards for him. Do you know what his walking weight is? Do you know what his cut to 97 is, and what it would be to 92? That's 11 more pounds.

I'm just curious where your certainty comes from.

Those wins were over three years ago, and the regular and eyeball test will show that Cox has improved exponentially since then, particularly in freestyle. The second thing I would ask is why do we know with such certainty that 92 is in the cards for him. Do you know what his walking weight is? Do you know what his cut to 97 is, and what it would be to 92? That's 11 more pounds.

I'm just curious where your certainty comes from.

I say you do what you have to do for a world team. No way at 213. Maybe at 203. Surprised no one has asked him.

I say you do what you have to do for a world team. No way at 213. Maybe at 203. Surprised no one has asked him.

I don’t think anyone needs to ask him. I’m betting if he thought he could realistically make the weight and still perform at his optimum level, that he would make the cut. He hasn’t done that, so I’m thinking it’s too much for him.

Well unfortunately it's not just as easy as "I want to weigh X weight so I'm going to go weigh X weight". As the poster above said, I'm sure he's not doing all the training and everything else he's doing to not consider what his best chances are. I'd trust that he knows what he's doing.

My point... If gadsen has a 10% chance (that may be high) of beating Snyder, he has a (lets assume) a 20% chance of beating Cox. Given that his chances of beating Cox is 100% greater than beating Snyder, I would argue that its worth the correct diet and regimen to cut to 92kg. Thats "only" 11lbs or so, and at that weight/size, its much easier to "find" compared to a (an example) 70kg to 65kg cut.