Sign in to follow this  
LHN94

Northwestern - Cody Brewer

NW was one of the great stories in D1 last season.  They'd taken a lot of hits yet suddenly emerged with a competitive squad stocked with some terrific young talent.  Kudos to all their coaches.  Obviously, Brewer is one of the reasons.

They have a great young coaching staff.  Andrew Howe was pretty much a Pritzlaff protege.  Pritzlaff has proven to be a very solid mat coach.  Howe appears to be trending in that direction.

When Pariano left, very few gave Storniolo much of a chance.  It seems he has really got things moving in the right direction quickly!

NW was one of the great stories in D1 last season.  They'd taken a lot of hits yet suddenly emerged with a competitive squad stocked with some terrific young talent.  Kudos to all their coaches.  Obviously, Brewer is one of the reasons.

Would've looked even better still with Micic in the line-up.

NW kids don't seem to want to coach all that much, huh? McMullan probably found there wasn't enough green stuff in his future as a coach, same as Jake Herbert. 

I enjoyed McMullan's "scrapper" mentality. Still remember that tall, kinda skinny HWT he was when wrestling as a FR!

Regarding Howe, I have to say his mat work was never that impressive to me. His takedowns were outstanding, though. His wrestling style changed a whole lot from his FR year at Wisconsin to his SR year at OU.

Edited by TobusRex

I actually coached Storniolo when he was 6-7 years old.  Even then I told his mother he was going to be a star.  He could fold his body like a pretzel and come out the other side. 

I too thought he didn't have much of a chance to succeed, given the state of NW's team when he took over. But he certainly has it moving in the right direction.