Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Jacob Kasper to WWE?

It's time for us "real" wrestlers to quit worrying about fake wrestling. I'd rather have our guys going into "pro" rasslin' than MMA. After a few years of MMA they'll have the brainpower of potatoes.

I saw a tweet from Dake last weekend blasting "stone cold" steve austin because Austin was picked as the rep of wrestling for something or other.  170 pound Dake was threatening to open up a can of whup ass on Austin. Don't get me wrong, in a real wrestling match I'd go with Dake, because he actually knows how to wrestle. But in a fight? Sorry Kyle, gotta go with the 250 pound bodybuilder.

It's time for us "real" wrestlers to quit worrying about fake wrestling. I'd rather have our guys going into "pro" rasslin' than MMA. After a few years of MMA they'll have the brainpower of potatoes.

I saw a tweet from Dake last weekend blasting "stone cold" steve austin because Austin was picked as the rep of wrestling for something or other.  170 pound Dake was threatening to open up a can of whup ass on Austin. Don't get me wrong, in a real wrestling match I'd go with Dake, because he actually knows how to wrestle. But in a fight? Sorry Kyle, gotta go with the 250 pound bodybuilder.

Austin has a surgically repaired neck from being broken and 2 really bad knees where he cant run and was at 250lbs at his physical prime. Dake would have no problems handling him.

https://youtu.be/zrX9Ca7LSyQ  "That's an open hand slap, does that feel fake?"......One of the better 40 second clips you can find.

What would've been funny would've been if the reporter was a guy who wrestled in HS , who then took down David Schultz and proceeded to bend him into a pretzel.

Was pretty funny how the "pros" pretended offense at the sport being fake, especially since everybody with a functional brain already knew.

You can't honestly think pro wrestling is safer than MMA?  Pro Wrestlers end up just as broken and far more likely to commit suicide.

I'm with you.  I don't get why pro wrestling bothers people so much.  It's pointless but who cares.  But anyone arguing for pro wrestling being a safer career option doesn't pay attention.  I think deployed Marines are more likely to grow old than pro wrestlers.

It's "sports entertainment" and what they want are athletic guys with good builds. There was a day when "sports entertainment" was filled with amateur wrestlers who had mat skills that showed (Bob Backlund, Briscos, Williams, etc.). Now it is more about huge cut wrestlers with high flying, athletic moves. There are far more sports entertainers that do not have wrestling as a background than do - currently. 

I'm with you.  I don't get why pro wrestling bothers people so much.  It's pointless but who cares.  But anyone arguing for pro wrestling being a safer career option doesn't pay attention.  I think deployed Marines are more likely to grow old than pro wrestlers.

I just don't think it's something that should be celebrated or embraced by the wrestling community (or sports journalists).  I think it's irresponsible for ESPN to cover WWE given the drug abuse required to succeed in it-not to mention the fact that it's not a sport. 

It's "sports entertainment" and what they want are athletic guys with good builds roided up freaks. There was a day when "sports entertainment" was filled with amateur wrestlers who had mat skills that showed (Bob Backlund, Briscos, Williams, etc.). Now it is more about huge cut wrestlers with high flying, athletic moves. There are far more sports entertainers that do not have wrestling as a background than do - currently. 

FTFY

I saw a tweet from Dake last weekend blasting "stone cold" steve austin because Austin was picked as the rep of wrestling for something or other. 170 pound Dake was threatening to open up a can of whup ass on Austin. Don't get me wrong, in a real wrestling match I'd go with Dake, because he actually knows how to wrestle. But in a fight? Sorry Kyle, gotta go with the 250 pound bodybuilder.

Is this a joke? You still think muscles = ability to fight?

I’ve smashed plenty of huge guys in the gym but I’ll never forget the 120 pound female who killed me. Any time I’d do anything in the mat, she would choke me out. I felt completely helpless.

I just don't think it's something that should be celebrated or embraced by the wrestling community (or sports journalists).  I think it's irresponsible for ESPN to cover WWE given the drug abuse required to succeed in it-not to mention the fact that it's not a sport. 

FTFY

The 2 biggest "roided up freaks" currently are Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley. Interestingly enough they are 2 guys they that have legitimate wrestling backgrounds.

The biggest and most popular star in prowrestling these days is Daniel Bryan. Hardly a roided up freak. The days when the prowrestling industry wanted roided up bodybuilder freaks has passed, but you seem to be unable to get over that fact. Its far from the norm anymore. WWE has a very strict wellness policy in place where their performers get publicly fired for violating.

As for ESPN? They're going to cover anything and everything that will draw them viewership, whether is the major professional sports organizations, WWE, or Texas Hold'm Poker tournaments. To not cover such events would be "irresponsible" as they would be missed opportunities for viewership.

The 2 biggest "roided up freaks" currently are Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley. Interestingly enough they are 2 guys they that have legitimate wrestling backgrounds.

The biggest and most popular star in prowrestling these days is Daniel Bryan. Hardly a roided up freak. The days when the prowrestling industry wanted roided up bodybuilder freaks has passed, but you seem to be unable to get over that fact. Its far from the norm anymore. WWE has a very strict wellness policy in place where their performers get publicly fired for violating.

As for ESPN? They're going to cover anything and everything that will draw them viewership, whether is the major professional sports organizations, WWE, or Texas Hold'm Poker tournaments. To not cover such events would be "irresponsible" as they would be missed opportunities for viewership.

Daniel Bryan is nowhere near the biggest or most popular star in pro wrestling

Daniel Bryan is nowhere near the biggest or most popular star in pro wrestling

Your right I'm thinking 2015. AJ Styles or Shinsuke Nakamora are probably bigger names right now. Neither guy looks roided out.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Your right I'm thinking 2015. AJ Styles or Shinsuke Nakamora are probably bigger names right now. Neither guy looks roided out.

Wrong again. Neither of those two come close to guys like Lesnar, Cena, Orton or Reigns in overall popularity although the misleading live crowd responses might make it seem so.

Wrong again. Neither of those two come close to guys like Lesnar, Cena, Orton or Reigns in overall popularity although the misleading live crowd responses might make it seem so.

With the exception of Cena,these guys are far from the most popular.

Most established? Yes, but not the most popular.

The bottom line is that the WWE is not full of guys who are "roided up" like in the 80s and 90s.

Humans (especially Americans) have a fascination with who is the toughest/biggest bad @$$ around. It's a cultural thing here in this mostly wonderful country. Whether it be real (MMA) or staged (professional sports entertainment), fighting sells and the money pumped into it by the respective fan bases says so. Why will wrestling never be at that level? The sport is not as multifaceted as the other two are. Both MMA and "fake rasslin'" have a combination of punches, kicks, grappling, submissions and, most important of all, personalities you can follow. While not necessarily my cup of tea, so to speak, my kids and I get a charge out of the over-the-top productions and story lines and so do most folks.

I think this is great and I hope JK goes for it.

Don't share your secrets.