Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

The Steiber/McKenna corner question answered

Interesting.  I wonder how Tom Ryan feels about it.  Logan is one of the two most important wrestlers in program history and he's heading to his former assistant for help in making a world team.  I understand that this was a tricky situation but also wonder if Logan might eventually end up in Oklahoma to train.  That would be a huge blow to the Ohio RTC.

Interesting.  I wonder how Tom Ryan feels about it.  Logan is one of the two most important wrestlers in program history and he's heading to his former assistant for help in making a world team.  I understand that this was a tricky situation but also wonder if Logan might eventually end up in Oklahoma to train.  That would be a huge blow to the Ohio RTC.

Who else should Logan have had coach him since the Ohio RTC coaches are staying neutral?  Seems like the only logical choice.  I doubt this says any more than Buxton being in Mckenna's corner. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

With all due respect to Steiber, IF he were to move over to Oklahoma’s RTC I don’t think it would be a huge blow to OSU and their RTC. I Belive he is past his best days, and they have a lot of fresh, young, solid talent in that program. Including one guy in particular who is about half way toward being the best American ever at the ripe old age of 22, and a hell of a recruiter. It makes sense for Logan, and I don’t think it’s a big blow to tOSU if the end result were be that he stays with Rosseli after all this. May just be best for all parties type of thing.

J Jaggers and Tervel are good coaches. Roselli is world class. Ryan is a master administrator.

I'm not sure if you meant to imply that he isn't, but Ryan is a great coach as well- don't forget what he did at Hofstra.  You're right that he is also a good administrator.  

So it appears that they are going to continue to train in the same room. Just when it comes to match time it’ll be Buxton with McKenna and Hunter and Roselli with Logan. When I originally saw it I was thinking Logan would go out to Oklahoma to train. Will be fun to watch.

Yep. As confirmed by Ohio State site, http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/052918aab.html

tOSU coaches didn’t want to create the conflict between them and the wrestlers. Which is understandable.

Logan Stieber by his brother, Hunter and former coach Lou Rosselli

Joey McKenna by his HS coach, Jeff Buxton.

Both with the great coaches at the corner! Should be great match.