Sign in to follow this  
OhioSpladle

Iowa State Next Year?

very very true. I was commenting directly after TobusRex who said something about a former juco guy getting 4th in D1. Just pointing out an even more extreme example of juco excellence at next level. 

No, you were pointing out an INSANE example of Juco excellence! I didn't even know Williams was a JUCO guy, I thought he probably rode the pine as a FR. I enjoyed reading up on the guy.

No, you were pointing out an INSANE example of Juco excellence! I didn't even know Williams was a JUCO guy, I thought he probably rode the pine as a FR. I enjoyed reading up on the guy.

cool. one thing from article they had wrong for some reason, as soph he won it at 149, not 157 (bumped there for last two years). beat Tony Davis Northern Iowa in finals who won it the next year when TJ bumped. My memory may be off but I think TJ and Tony were from same HS. 

cool. one thing from article they had wrong for some reason, as soph he won it at 149, not 157 (bumped there for last two years). beat Tony Davis Northern Iowa in finals who won it the next year when TJ bumped. My memory may be off but I think TJ and Tony were from same HS. 

Yep.  Chicago Mt. Carmel Caravan.  Also the same kids' club (Harvey Park District "Twisters"), which is, bar none, the most successful youth wrestling program in the country in terms of what their alums have gone on to do in the sport.

All Mackall ever needed was to stay healthy and develop a gas tank.  KD and his staff will handle the gas tank issue so all Alex needs is a little good luck in remaining healthy.

Mackall had a high school win over Yianni.  He's a talented young man.  As a fan of Ohio preps, I'm rooting for him to put it together for ISU.

The plan is to keep him on redshirt this year. A small chance it might come off in January

Oh interesting. I have to assume if he has a shot at AAing they will pull the shirt. Would be huge for ISU to have at least 1 AA. I think Gomez has a good shot too.

I think it is more David’s thought, than the coaches. It was mentioned at Nationals social. Basically saying David was ready to go, but coaches are willing to wait

Flo has announced that Willie Miklus (8/6/7 AA finishes) will wrestle his last year at ISU for the 2019 season.

This is surprisingly, maybe he just wanted to finish college close to home. I can’t imagine any other reason - the Mizzou room is much tougher, and they have a shot at a team trophy. ISU has no shot at anything as a team, and the room for him will be a joke

This is surprisingly, maybe he just wanted to finish college close to home. I can’t imagine any other reason - the Mizzou room is much tougher, and they have a shot at a team trophy. ISU has no shot at anything as a team, and the room for him will be a joke

Can't imagine any other reason?

Good luck to "Ol' Willie 6th Year"!  What does the tentative ISU lineup look like for next year?

My guess is

125 - Mackall (Rutgers transfer) or Small (Juco Nat'l Champ at 133)

133 - Gomez

141 - Ian Parker

149 - Degen

157 - Chase Straw

165 - Skyler St John or Brady Jennings

174 - Marcus Coleman

184 - Sam Colbray or Danny Bush

197 - Miklus

Hwt - Gannon Gremmel or Ethan Andersen (OSU transfer)