Sign in to follow this  
TobusRex

Who is replacing Zain at PSU

MSU, Zain lost to only two guys his true freshman year, the top guy 2x and the #2 guy who barely beat him in OT. Zain also dismantled Henderson in free during the offseason. His resume was better than Sorenson's or Clagon's. Tsirtsis had a better resume, but Zain was really coming on. I could see picking him 2nd, but 4th was a stretch imo.

My reasoning was solid, as I often worry that leg riders will continue their advantage when they move up in weights.  Obviously, I was wrong.  He not only broke people in the top position, but he increased he neutral activity many times over.

As far as Henderson goes, he was a 141lber until 2016.................

I'm surprised people are speculating that Bo might go to 197. Will Cael let him do that? There's already talented guys riding the bench and that might snarl stuff up even worse. Frankly, I'm surprised Cassar hasn't transferred already.

Cael was once an undefeated 184 champ who bumped up to 197 because he preferred continuing his results over pulling weight and sacrificing strength and technique training, so that would be pretty hypocritical of him if Nickal has outgrown the weight physically and/ or mentally. But Nickal just doesn't pass the eye test at 197 - he looks like he walks around at no more than maaaybe 190 to me?

Edited by bnwtwg

Cael was once an undefeated 184 champ who bumped up to 197 because he preferred continuing his results over pulling weight and sacrificing strength and technique training, so that would be pretty hypocritical of him if Nickal has outgrown the weight physically and/ or mentally. But Nickal just doesn't pass the eye test at 197 - he looks like he walks around at no more than maaaybe 190 to me?

Nickal barely passes the eye test at 184 as well. Lol

Penn State got 141.5 pts this past year with 141 of them coming from just 8 weight classes. They lose Zain's 25 points, but they might be able to make those points up else where. Hypothetically speaking ...

125 - + 2 pts

133 - + 8 to 10 pts 

141 - maintain or improve +2 points

149 - Berge gets 10 points so there is the minus 15 pts

157 - Nolf go0es from 23 to 28, so + 5 points

165 - Cenzo from 21 to 23, so + 2 points

174 - Hall in a Zahid less 174 bracket goes from 20.5 to 25, so + 4.5 points

184 - Rasheed gets 15 points, + 5.5 from what he got last year at 197

197 - Nickal 23 points, same as what he got last year at 184

Hwt - 15 points, this is + 5.5 from 2018

That is a best case all world outcome for Penn State, but it is 160 points. Not going to happen obviously, but if they even come close they easily make 140 points. 

Yeah, but diff situation for Cael. He wasn't dorking up ISU's rotation by moving up to 197. PSU already has 2 AA-level guys at 197, no guarantee that either can pull down to 184. I don't doubt Bo would do very well for himself at 197, I'm just saying PSU has a logjam of talent and it would cause more of that talent to go "to waste" than otherwise.

tOSU is not a title contender in 2019.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They are just as much of a title Contender as Iowa and osu next year. PSU is a heavy favorite though.

Ohio State has 5 guys they are likely top 4 (133, 141, 149, 184, 197), 1 guy st least seeded to AA (157) and legit AA contenders at 125, 165, 174 and hvwt

10 AAs is unlikely but there are no glaring holes. 5 top 4s is a lot of points, especially if they can put most of those 5 into the finals. I think 4 have a good chance (141, 149, 184, 197)