Photo

After U23's does ANYONE have a clue what OkState's lineup will be?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

Smith went 79kg and Rogers went 86kg.  We already know that Fix is either at 125 or 133 so Picc will be at one or the other.  That likely means Brock goes up from 133.  141 then is either Brock or Gfeller.  But, Gfeller could end up fighting it out with Lewallen and Geo for 149.  Which means one of them may end up at 157. With Smith going 79kg does that mean he may go 174?  If so, does Jacobe Smith move down to 165 with Rogers up at 184? 

All you would need is for Weigel and White to switch.  Bring in an Abbott and Costello who's on 1st voiceover and you would be thoroughly entertained.

Amidst all the madness, I forgot Geer!

Sheesh, OkState fans, good luck with that! 

Edited by MSU158, 04 June 2018 - 08:35 AM.

#2 Show_Me

Show_Me

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:56 AM

My "guess" based on U23 :

125: Fix
133: Pic
141: Brock
149: G'Feller / Martinez
157: Lewallen / Martinez
165: Joe Smith
174: Rogers
184: Geer / Jac. Smith
197: Weigel
HW: White

Edited by Show_Me, 04 June 2018 - 09:50 AM.

#3 Buckxell

Buckxell

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

Smith went 79kg and Rogers went 86kg. We already know that Fix is either at 125 or 133 so Picc will be at one or the other. That likely means Brock goes up from 133. 141 then is either Brock or Gfeller. But, Gfeller could end up fighting it out with Lewallen and Geo for 149. Which means one of them may end up at 157. With Smith going 79kg does that mean he may go 174? If so, does Jacobe Smith move down to 165 with Rogers up at 184?

All you would need is for Weigel and White to switch. Bring in an Abbott and Costello who's on 1st voiceover and you would be thoroughly entertained.

Smith looks pretty chubby for 174.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

Smith looks pretty chubby for 174.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed. 

Im back in the 165 camp.  Was expecting a similar feeling when I first saw Kutler up at 79kg last summer, but that was not the case. 

Also, the Jacobe Smith disrespect is unreal.  He will beat Geer. 

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#5 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

125: Fix
133: Pic
141: Brock
149: Lewallen/Gfellar
157: Martinez
165: Smith/Rogers
174: Rogers/Smith/Smith
184: Smith/Geer/Rogers
197: Weigel
HW: White 

Too many good guys and not enough great ones is the problem.  

Joe Smith is almost certainly 165.  He was chubby this weekend.  Rogers is almost certainly 174 because I think he loses to Smith every time.  But I'm not sure he can beat Jacobe Smith.  Jacobe is one guy Rogers isn't throwing.  Now Rogers did look great way up in weight this weekend and even was tough against Myles Martin.  

But either way there are 3 AAs and Geer at 165/174/184 (and last year's starter Keegan Moore).  

Martinez is definitely the biggest of the 149 glut and will be the 157 guy.  Gfellar is very good but I don't think he sees the lineup.  Picc was undersized this weekend but not bad up at 132.  Hopefully he fully grows into it by 2019.  And hopefully all the lightweights get better on bottom or it's going to be a very talented 4th place team.  

#6 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

agreed. 

Im back in the 165 camp.  Was expecting a similar feeling when I first saw Kutler up at 79kg last summer, but that was not the case. 

Also, the Jacobe Smith disrespect is unreal.  He will beat Geer. 

I see a lot of ways it plays out from 165-184 and none of them include Jacobe Smith on the bench.  He was dinged up pretty good in March last year and still had a very good NCAA Tournament.  I think he's easily in the lineup and a high to mid AA this year.

#7 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

But either way there are 3 AAs and Geer at 165/174/184 (and last year's starter Keegan Moore).  

Moore announced that he's transferring to Northern Iowa

#8 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

Moore announced that he's transferring to Northern Iowa

That makes sense.  I assumed he was leaving.  

Honestly he looked much better in March and if he gets in shape at UNI he will do very well.  He has lots of offense for a 184.

#9 paboom

paboom

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:47 AM

Smith went 79kg and Rogers went 86kg. We already know that Fix is either at 125 or 133 so Picc will be at one or the other. That likely means Brock goes up from 133. 141 then is either Brock or Gfeller. But, Gfeller could end up fighting it out with Lewallen and Geo for 149. Which means one of them may end up at 157. With Smith going 79kg does that mean he may go 174? If so, does Jacobe Smith move down to 165 with Rogers up at 184?

All you would need is for Weigel and White to switch. Bring in an Abbott and Costello who's on 1st voiceover and you would be thoroughly entertained.

Smith is fat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#10 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:15 AM

Smith is fat.

I stopped paying attention to how he looked, because, quite frankly, he has ALWAYS looked pudgy to me.  Some guys simply hold their weight differently, even when they are in premium shape.  Now, I would assume he is going 165, but his being at 79k and Rogers all the way up to 86k was a big red flag to me.

#11 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Anyone else feel like a lot of their guys just sorta plateau'd? Rodgers, Brock, piccini......showed up with some weapons and then it was like everyone figured em out. 

#12 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,761 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

Smith is fat.

He’s the only one that knows where the cookie jar is hidden.
  • Buckeyebison likes this

#13 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Anyone else feel like a lot of their guys just sorta plateau'd? Rodgers, Brock, piccini......showed up with some weapons and then it was like everyone figured em out. 

Rogers has improved a ton.  His RS year he was 12-6 with losses to a bunch of average guys and zero significant wins.  As a RS frosh he 2-2 at NCAAs.  The last two years he's AAd in a very deep weight.  

Brock doesn't look a bit better over the past 3 seasons.  He showed up with the ability to pin a guy like Brewer and he still has offense, zero ability to wrestle on bottom, and zero physicality.  

Picc has improved for sure.  Even though he finished lower at NCAAs this year he was still better than the year before.  He lost to Lee and Lizak at NCAAs.  He also hasn't improved on bottom at all, but he has for sure improved.  Maybe they need a lightweight coach instead of the half dozen middle weight guys they had last year.  Either way if someone can't help Fix, Picc, and Brock get off bottom it will be another poor season.  

#14 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

Thanks. 

Honestly I didn't realize how old rodgers was. 

#15 Show_Me

Show_Me

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

boconnell -

I have a strong belief that the Pokes will be pretty damn good this season. Your points are well taken & understood. I think this past year frustrated Cowboy fans. I was at the OSU vs Mizzou dual at Stillwater and the frustration was evident as OSU is accustomed to dominating/winning.

I have faith that Coach Smith will have his team ready by March and will Trophy.

Really interested to see how the lineup shakes out.

#16 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

This is a team with 8-10 legitimate AA hopefuls.  I'll bet 9 out of 10 NCAA champion teams didn't have 8 AA's.  

#17 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

boconnell -

I have a strong belief that the Pokes will be pretty damn good this season. Your points are well taken & understood. I think this past year frustrated Cowboy fans. I was at the OSU vs Mizzou dual at Stillwater and the frustration was evident as OSU is accustomed to dominating/winning.

I have faith that Coach Smith will have his team ready by March and will Trophy.

Really interested to see how the lineup shakes out.

I believe quite a bit in them.  Their deep team is impressive and easy to root for.  The shortcomings at NCAAs didn't bother me much since they had no chance from the start with Fix and Smith RSing and then had Weigel hurt.  I just think the way to win is a group of studs rather than a deep team.  They don't have a group of studs and it takes a lot of squinting through orange colored glasses to imagine 4-5 finalists (what it takes these days).  Either way by November I'll have talked myself into them winning.

• sbdude and Peso like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users