Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

After U23's does ANYONE have a clue what OkState's lineup will be?

Smith went 79kg and Rogers went 86kg.  We already know that Fix is either at 125 or 133 so Picc will be at one or the other.  That likely means Brock goes up from 133.  141 then is either Brock or Gfeller.  But, Gfeller could end up fighting it out with Lewallen and Geo for 149.  Which means one of them may end up at 157. With Smith going 79kg does that mean he may go 174?  If so, does Jacobe Smith move down to 165 with Rogers up at 184? 

All you would need is for Weigel and White to switch.  Bring in an Abbott and Costello who's on 1st voiceover and you would be thoroughly entertained.

Amidst all the madness, I forgot Geer!

Sheesh, OkState fans, good luck with that! 

Edited by MSU158

My "guess" based on U23 :

125: Fix

133: Pic

141: Brock

149: G'Feller / Martinez

157: Lewallen / Martinez

165: Joe Smith

174: Rogers

184: Geer / Jac. Smith

197: Weigel

HW: White

Edited by Show_Me

Smith went 79kg and Rogers went 86kg. We already know that Fix is either at 125 or 133 so Picc will be at one or the other. That likely means Brock goes up from 133. 141 then is either Brock or Gfeller. But, Gfeller could end up fighting it out with Lewallen and Geo for 149. Which means one of them may end up at 157. With Smith going 79kg does that mean he may go 174? If so, does Jacobe Smith move down to 165 with Rogers up at 184?

All you would need is for Weigel and White to switch. Bring in an Abbott and Costello who's on 1st voiceover and you would be thoroughly entertained.

Smith looks pretty chubby for 174.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smith looks pretty chubby for 174.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed. 

Im back in the 165 camp.  Was expecting a similar feeling when I first saw Kutler up at 79kg last summer, but that was not the case. 

Also, the Jacobe Smith disrespect is unreal.  He will beat Geer. 

125: Fix
133: Pic
141: Brock
149: Lewallen/Gfellar
157: Martinez
165: Smith/Rogers
174: Rogers/Smith/Smith
184: Smith/Geer/Rogers
197: Weigel
HW: White 

Too many good guys and not enough great ones is the problem.  

Joe Smith is almost certainly 165.  He was chubby this weekend.  Rogers is almost certainly 174 because I think he loses to Smith every time.  But I'm not sure he can beat Jacobe Smith.  Jacobe is one guy Rogers isn't throwing.  Now Rogers did look great way up in weight this weekend and even was tough against Myles Martin.  

But either way there are 3 AAs and Geer at 165/174/184 (and last year's starter Keegan Moore).  

Martinez is definitely the biggest of the 149 glut and will be the 157 guy.  Gfellar is very good but I don't think he sees the lineup.  Picc was undersized this weekend but not bad up at 132.  Hopefully he fully grows into it by 2019.  And hopefully all the lightweights get better on bottom or it's going to be a very talented 4th place team.  

agreed. 

Im back in the 165 camp.  Was expecting a similar feeling when I first saw Kutler up at 79kg last summer, but that was not the case. 

Also, the Jacobe Smith disrespect is unreal.  He will beat Geer. 

I see a lot of ways it plays out from 165-184 and none of them include Jacobe Smith on the bench.  He was dinged up pretty good in March last year and still had a very good NCAA Tournament.  I think he's easily in the lineup and a high to mid AA this year.

But either way there are 3 AAs and Geer at 165/174/184 (and last year's starter Keegan Moore).  

Moore announced that he's transferring to Northern Iowa

Moore announced that he's transferring to Northern Iowa

That makes sense.  I assumed he was leaving.  

Honestly he looked much better in March and if he gets in shape at UNI he will do very well.  He has lots of offense for a 184.

Smith went 79kg and Rogers went 86kg. We already know that Fix is either at 125 or 133 so Picc will be at one or the other. That likely means Brock goes up from 133. 141 then is either Brock or Gfeller. But, Gfeller could end up fighting it out with Lewallen and Geo for 149. Which means one of them may end up at 157. With Smith going 79kg does that mean he may go 174? If so, does Jacobe Smith move down to 165 with Rogers up at 184?

All you would need is for Weigel and White to switch. Bring in an Abbott and Costello who's on 1st voiceover and you would be thoroughly entertained.

Smith is fat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Smith is fat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I stopped paying attention to how he looked, because, quite frankly, he has ALWAYS looked pudgy to me.  Some guys simply hold their weight differently, even when they are in premium shape.  Now, I would assume he is going 165, but his being at 79k and Rogers all the way up to 86k was a big red flag to me.

Anyone else feel like a lot of their guys just sorta plateau'd? Rodgers, Brock, piccini......showed up with some weapons and then it was like everyone figured em out. 

Rogers has improved a ton.  His RS year he was 12-6 with losses to a bunch of average guys and zero significant wins.  As a RS frosh he 2-2 at NCAAs.  The last two years he's AAd in a very deep weight.  

Brock doesn't look a bit better over the past 3 seasons.  He showed up with the ability to pin a guy like Brewer and he still has offense, zero ability to wrestle on bottom, and zero physicality.  

Picc has improved for sure.  Even though he finished lower at NCAAs this year he was still better than the year before.  He lost to Lee and Lizak at NCAAs.  He also hasn't improved on bottom at all, but he has for sure improved.  Maybe they need a lightweight coach instead of the half dozen middle weight guys they had last year.  Either way if someone can't help Fix, Picc, and Brock get off bottom it will be another poor season.  

boconnell -

I have a strong belief that the Pokes will be pretty damn good this season. Your points are well taken & understood. I think this past year frustrated Cowboy fans. I was at the OSU vs Mizzou dual at Stillwater and the frustration was evident as OSU is accustomed to dominating/winning.

I have faith that Coach Smith will have his team ready by March and will Trophy.

Really interested to see how the lineup shakes out.

boconnell -

I have a strong belief that the Pokes will be pretty damn good this season. Your points are well taken & understood. I think this past year frustrated Cowboy fans. I was at the OSU vs Mizzou dual at Stillwater and the frustration was evident as OSU is accustomed to dominating/winning.

I have faith that Coach Smith will have his team ready by March and will Trophy.

Really interested to see how the lineup shakes out.

I believe quite a bit in them.  Their deep team is impressive and easy to root for.  The shortcomings at NCAAs didn't bother me much since they had no chance from the start with Fix and Smith RSing and then had Weigel hurt.  I just think the way to win is a group of studs rather than a deep team.  They don't have a group of studs and it takes a lot of squinting through orange colored glasses to imagine 4-5 finalists (what it takes these days).  Either way by November I'll have talked myself into them winning.

Not being an OSU fan, but a fan of wrestling in general, I would love for Fix to go out at 125.  I think the Lee v Fix potential is a headliner.  Toss in Suriano if you want, but there is star power in the weight with Fix v Lee.

Following on, is Brock out of 133?  Picc is not very big and I think will struggle up at 133.  Tough to see him not in the lineup though.  

Bottom line, if Fix can hold 125, and he has shown through a redshirt year and freestyle events that he is doing that, then Fix is Top 3 at 125.  What is he at 133?  More team points and a potential champ if Fix goes 125.