https://www.teamusa....oric-Grace-Hall

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#2 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

Just went to the ticketing page to see what seats were left with the move and the website won’t load the page. Not sure if the move would prompt anyone to buy tickets but they wouldn’t be able to right now if they tried.
  • jon likes this

#3 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

Just went to the ticketing page to see what seats were left with the move and the website won’t load the page. Not sure if the move would prompt anyone to buy tickets but they wouldn’t be able to right now if they tried.

Do the click here and follow instructions but it does take several clicks.

Or go directly here.

https://ev6.evenue.n...groupCode=&cgc=

#4 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

Pretty sure we all want to see this thing do well, but based on comments here and on other boards, it's pretty clear this has not been a very well thought out plan from the beginning.   We all here are hard cores, so we're going to understand this stuff better than  most outside this board.   I'm on an mma page where there are lots of casual wrestling fans.  They want to learn and understand about the sport, the culture, the levels, the guys and team, etc.   Those guys have little understanding of final x.   I saw the diagram Flo put out to illustrate how it works and I get it, but I get it because I follow this stuff like you guys, very closely.    I went ahead and explained it and how it all works.   That seemed to help for most, but even those who get it were left scratching their heads about the actual set up of multiple locations and those ticket prices.   I'm not a business major but I have run several  businesses for 57 years now.    You don't start with insane prices on a ticket that traditionally does not sell well,  That's just not how you entice the fan base to come out for it.    Especially not when 2/3 of the Team will be determined elsewhere.   It just does not make any sense.   Again, I hope this is a giant success.    

• gowrestle likes this

#5 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:58 AM

I have a hard time grasping that the powers that be didn't think this through. People in general do not like change and resist it. This is a big change and much like anything people will hate it.

They will tweak it as it goes forward, but I do like the idea of having the final best of 3 on a separate date than the trials challenge tournament.

The biggest issue with Lehigh is there isn't a hometown guy there. In Nebraska you have Green and Burroughs, and at Penn State you have Taylor.

#6 denger

denger

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

I don't know what the issues were with booking in Columbus, OH, or just about anywhere between there and Ann Arbor for that matter, but I agree with several posters before me that it would have been better than a second PA location. I could even appreciate a cheap and neutral Vegas location. 

If Bethlehem sells as well as the others I'll be just fine with it. It just seems like a huge missed opportunity to not land one in Columbus (or some place north of there) with Coon and Stieber being native and McKenna and Snyder being as OH as David Taylor is PA - and all within driving distance. 

The biggest issue with Lehigh is there isn't a hometown guy there. In Nebraska you have Green and Burroughs, and at Penn State you have Taylor.

#7 NJDan

NJDan

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

The problem is that they are asking people to drive long distances (or even short distances) to see four matches (and sit through some women's matches).

#8 JasonBryant

JasonBryant

I love the Goonies.

• Members
  • 8,825 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

The problem is that they are asking people to drive long distances (or even short distances) to see four matches (and sit through some women's matches).

More than four ... Lehigh also has the true thirds, which have high profile wrestlers, which if they met during a college season, we’d have threads about it.

Don't work here no more. Happy now?

www.mattalkonline.com

#9 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

The value is just no there.    Hope things pick up for a decent turnout if they dropped ticket prices enough.  

#10 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:37 PM

The format is a disaster. Ticket prices are high. Bad decision.
  • cjc007 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users