Sign in to follow this  
Glane18

2019 NCAA individual champion predictions

What does Nolf do to Hidlay? Is there any chance Hidlay could pull off the upset? One more year to get better?

Yes, there is always a chance. Same chance Jim Carrey character lands the girl in the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Have to believe Eierman dictates. Coaches tried to force him down once before and he put clown shoes on them. He certainly looks like he could be 149 and it's certainly his best shot at a title. Hart or a bulked up Erneste would be capable at 141. Leeth a strong qualifier at 157.

There is a lot of speculation that Yianni might be at 149 also. And, as Gantry noted, Eierman does not have a tough cut to 141.

Leeth would also be a very small 157.

Who knows for certain, but my guess is that we will see 133-149 back at the same weights.

If Missouri is to contend for a Trophy, they need Top 3 finishes at 141, 149, & 174 with bonus. Along with AA finishes at 133, 165, & 197. They may be forced to wrestle true Freshman at 125 & 157.

There is a lot of speculation that Yianni might be at 149 also. And, as Gantry noted, Eierman does not have a tough cut to 141.

Leeth would also be a very small 157.

Who knows for certain, but my guess is that we will see 133-149 back at the same weights.

If Missouri is to contend for a Trophy, they need Top 3 finishes at 141, 149, & 174 with bonus. Along with AA finishes at 133, 165, & 197. They may be forced to wrestle true Freshman at 125 & 157.

Whoever they wrestle at 125 should be an upgrade over McGhee.  They might redshirt Malik Johnson (Flo #1) to take over after Erneste leaves (he's projected at 133), but he did just win his 4th state title at 126.  He would be a beast at 125.  They should also have a hwt. scorer this year, either Myers again or Elam (Flo #4).

And talk of Eierman bumping to 149 is ridiculous.  Somebody says "well, he looks big for 141" and suddenly people start speculating.  Erneste will be at 133, Eierman at 141, and Leeth at 149.  They'll have 3 in a row there who should all start the season ranked in the top 3-4 at their weights.

Edited by KCMO2

KCMO2 -

Agree with all your points except for Erneste being ranked "top 4" at 133.

133 is super deep and I expect Erneste to be ranked in the 6 to 10 range. I do believe he can and will AA.

Edited by Show_Me

Having no triceps, is it really wise for Yianni to take that leap?  ;)

Must have been asleep when this first came up. Can somebody explain to me what the deal is with him and no triceps? I haven't looked at him close enough to notice whether this is a joke or not.

KCMO2 -

Agree with all your points except for Erneste being ranked "top 4" at 133.

133 is super deep and I except Erneste to be ranked in the 6 to 10 range. I do believe he can and will AA.

Possibly, but he came into NCAA's this past season as the #5 seed, and he has improved every year so far.  However, after choking a bit at natties, I could see a lower pre-season ranking.

Cenzo not even in the final now. I love this time of year.

Is this an outrageous prediction? He had multiple close wins at the end of the year and a 1 pt win over Massa whom had a blown out knee that latter part of the year. Would anyone have predicted IMar to lose to Cenzo his junior year?

BTW, he he has never wrestled Wick in college. He lost to Marinelli. So why is it unreal to predict him not to be in the finals? 

Yes, there is always a chance. Same chance Jim Carrey character lands the girl in the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Was that more or less of a chance that Owings had to beat Gable, or Rohn beating Lanbrecht when he was down 14-3, etc?

Is this an outrageous prediction? He had multiple close wins at the end of the year and a 1 pt win over Massa whom had a blown out knee that latter part of the year. Would anyone have predicted IMar to lose to Cenzo his junior year?

BTW, he he has never wrestled Wick in college. He lost to Marinelli. So why is it unreal to predict him not to be in the finals?

It’s not outrageous to pick against him. It’s outrageous to not give him the respect to even reach the finals which by the way he won in his first two tries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody didn’t get the memo from Carl that all predictions will now be respectful predictions.

PS. IPhone autocorrect refuses to respect Cael. You’d think it would be in the database by now.

Respect or don’t respect. That’s up to you.

It’s June. The time of year when everyone pokes holes at PSU and their wrestlers. By July someone will have a new #1. By August, PSU will be down to #3.

November will come and they take the mat again and everyone says “wait till next year”

Remember it’s the off-season, every other team gets better and PSU gets worse

Rinse and Repeat

Edited by pish6969

Rinse and Repeat

When your at the top there's nowhere else to go but down. Eventually they will be right.. they just want to be able to say they called it first.

The only ones I'll say with confidence are

125 - Lee

133 - Gross

157 - Nolf

165 - Cenzo

HWT - Steveson

The rest are too muddled right now with speculation of guys bumping around weights. 

The only ones I'll say with confidence are

125 - Lee

133 - Gross

157 - Nolf

165 - Cenzo

HWT - Steveson

The rest are too muddled right now with speculation of guys bumping around weights.

Truthfully the only one that is 99.9% is Nolf.

Spencer could have Fix to deal with. Gross could have Fix to deal with. Yianni coming off injury with Eirman, McKenna, Lee in mix. 149 is anyone’s guess. Cenzo has some tough competition. I feel Isaiah White his biggest threat. Zahid has Hall or Bo. Bo has possible Zahid. Moore has possible Bo plus a few guys that can take him out. Stevenson a true frosh as good as he is.

Will be real interesting how the weights play out.

Meanwhile there’s not anyone at 157 that can beat Nolf even on their best day

Edited by pish6969

It’s June. The time of year when everyone pokes holes at PSU and their wrestlers. By July someone will have a new #1. By August, PSU will be down to #3.

November will come and they take the mat again and everyone says “wait till next year”

Rinse and Repeat

pish, PSU will be a 25 pt dog by January, then reality will sink in as PSU dismantles everyone.

Edited by TBar1977

Truthfully the only one that is 99.9% is Nolf.

Spencer could have Fix to deal with. Gross could have Fix to deal with. Yianni coming off injury with Eirman, McKenna, Lee in mix. 149 is anyone’s guess. Cenzo has some tough competition. I feel Isaiah White his biggest threat. Zahid has Hall or Bo. Bo has possible Zahid. Moore has possible Bo plus a few guys that can take him out. Stevenson a true frosh as good as he is.

Will be real interesting how the weights play out.

Meanwhile there’s not anyone at 157 that can beat Nolf even on their best day

Or any day where Nolf is down to one truly healthy leg. Where is that video of Nolf TF over Micah?

Rinse and Repeat

How come you are not running to Gross's defense since he was actually undefeated at the weight this year? Cenzo had a loss and is not near as dominant. I can see that you only care about what is right for everyone.

How come you are not running to Gross's defense since he was actually undefeated at the weight this year? Cenzo had a loss and is not near as dominant. I can see that you only care about what is right for everyone.

Wake up and look at second post in this thread. I was first one to remind Op he forgot Gross.

Try again..I’ll hold me breathe waiting for your apology

Edited by pish6969

Hmm, I am pretty sure most projections have a majority of PSU guys staying the same or improving.  Considering many were high level AA's just staying the same is hard to do.

As far as I went:

Lee-even

Nolf-improve 2-4 which means still 1st with more bonus

Joseph-even-means still 1st with some bonus

Hall-improve 2-4  which means either 2nd with more bonus or 1st

Cassar-around even

Nickal-around even, which means bumping up and still winning with solid bonus

Nevills-improve 3 to 4 placements.

The only reason I see them scoring a tad less is they lose Retherford and I am not as bullish on the 3 freshman at 125,133 and 149 as the PSU faithful.

Edited by MSU158

Hmm, I am pretty sure most projections have a majority of PSU guys staying the same or improving. .

You are correct. My only contention was with the poster who didn’t even have Joseph in the finals. That’s just ridiculous.

How do you have a junior 2x champ and preseason not at least have him in finals?

Now let’s say it’s January and he’s taken a few losses, then ok I get it. But preseason?

Must have been asleep when this first came up. Can somebody explain to me what the deal is with him and no triceps? I haven't looked at him close enough to notice whether this is a joke or not.

Check him out.

Pretty well built kid. But not quite as muscular as some other top wrestlers. If you ask me Bo is a lot less muscular than Yianni. Sometimes kids come along that are strong as **** but don't show it. You should've seen Chris Barnes in HS: was built like spaghetti.Yianni is the best scrambler in D1 wrestling right now, imo.

Edited by TobusRex