Sign in to follow this  
Glane18

2019 NCAA individual champion predictions

Yeah, Micah at 149 may be marginally better for Micah but any gains he sees from that weight change are lost for Hayes imo. Net-net tOSU gains nothing score wise. They'd do it perhaps because of the last name and the tacit connection to St. Paris Graham. 

I have no inside info but I would guess that Micah is getting the better of Hayes in the room and that the choice will be his if he wants to go down to 149.  If Hayes wants to challenge him for the spot he should have that chance.  But he may be better off packing on muscle and getting ready for 157. In any case Ohio St will be a better tournament team with Micah at 149.  I think he has a real shot to win what appears to be a wide open weight.  Top contenders now are Micah, Kolodzik, Leeth, and Ashanault.  I think Lugo could also break into that top group.  Best newbies will probably be Berge and O'Connor (maybe Denmas too?)   I wouldn't be surprised to see either Berge or O'Connor finish very high next year..  

Well the pick I was referring to had Micah winning 149. Problem is he wrestles 157 and he doesn't have much fat on him. First of all CAN he pull 8 pounds, secondly if he does pull the weight how will it affect his strength/endurance? I've never seen weight pulls enhance either of those things (except for morbidly obese folks, maybe).

Ashnault will disappoint. He'll be rusty as hell, have to wonder if he's going to shake off the rust in time for NCAAs. I'm going Leeth. Kolodzik is pretty good, but I think Mizzou's room pushes Leeth over the top next year. On the other hand I'd RATHER see Kolodzik win because the IVY league needs all the help it can get.

Not sure Ashnault will have rust....He is competing currently, so I would think the rust will be off prior to the season(if it is not off already).  In Akron, he lost a 8-7 match to Dardenes, then won two matches then lost to Logie.  Think he will be much stronger up at 149, guess we will find out...

Raising this back up to the top of the forum.  Why?  Because.. we're all bored.  And... things have been changing slightly in terms of weight class movements and predictions:  Here's my revised predictions:

125:  Lee.  By a LOT.  It really won't matter who is the runner-up, because they're gonna get smoked this time.

133:  Fix.  Fix over Gross.  Calling it now.  Lee and Fix call each other in the next month or so, and say "Dude!".  The other says... "Yeah... Dude"... and then agree to go separate weight classes.  The result is Fix over Gross in a "not as close as you would think" finals match.

141:  Yianni (assuming he stays put) over McKenna (assuming he stays put)

149:  Ugh... so tough to predict. Ummm... I'm 2% sure that I'll go with... Ummm... Uhhh... Leeth.  There... I did it.  But I have nearly zero confidence in this pick.

157:  Nolf over

165:  Joseph over Marinelli.  I cannot pick against ViJo.  He's 2x over the previous 2x'er.  The same guy who went head to head with Burroughs at WTT.  I gotta go Joseph until proven otherwise.

174:  Hall over Amine.  I have this very weird feeling we're going to see an "improved" Hall.  If that's possible, watch out world. 

184:  Valencia over Martin.  Calling it that Zahid goes 184, and owns Martin yet once again.  Martin ends up going 1,5,2,2, (which is NOT BAD AT ALL!)

197:  UPSET ALERT:  Moore over Nickal.  Kollin Moore doesn't allow Nickal to use his length (because, well,it's just not there anymore in this new weight class).  Moore just powers through, in a low scoring match that "shocks the world".

HWT:  HERE WE GO!  Steveson over Nevills.  The Boy Wonder begins his career as a true freshman (undefeated) champ.  This kicks off a series of events that a.) will make him only the 2nd to go undefeated in an NCAA career, and b.) wins the 2020 Olympic Championship.

There... I said it.  Some "bold" picks... but hey... why not!?

Raising this back up to the top of the forum.  Why?  Because.. we're all bored.  And... things have been changing slightly in terms of weight class movements and predictions:  Here's my revised predictions:

125:  Lee.  By a LOT.  It really won't matter who is the runner-up, because they're gonna get smoked this time.

133:  Fix.  Fix over Gross.  Calling it now.  Lee and Fix call each other in the next month or so, and say "Dude!".  The other says... "Yeah... Dude"... and then agree to go separate weight classes.  The result is Fix over Gross in a "not as close as you would think" finals match.

141:  Yianni (assuming he stays put) over McKenna (assuming he stays put)

149:  Ugh... so tough to predict. Ummm... I'm 2% sure that I'll go with... Ummm... Uhhh... Leeth.  There... I did it.  But I have nearly zero confidence in this pick.

157:  Nolf over

165:  Joseph over Marinelli.  I cannot pick against ViJo.  He's 2x over the previous 2x'er.  The same guy who went head to head with Burroughs at WTT.  I gotta go Joseph until proven otherwise.

174:  Hall over Amine.  I have this very weird feeling we're going to see an "improved" Hall.  If that's possible, watch out world. 

184:  Valencia over Martin.  Calling it that Zahid goes 184, and owns Martin yet once again.  Martin ends up going 1,5,2,2, (which is NOT BAD AT ALL!)

197:  UPSET ALERT:  Moore over Nickal.  Kollin Moore doesn't allow Nickal to use his length (because, well,it's just not there anymore in this new weight class).  Moore just powers through, in a low scoring match that "shocks the world".

HWT:  HERE WE GO!  Steveson over Nevills.  The Boy Wonder begins his career as a true freshman (undefeated) champ.  This kicks off a series of events that a.) will make him only the 2nd to go undefeated in an NCAA career, and b.) wins the 2020 Olympic Championship.

There... I said it.  Some "bold" picks... but hey... why not!?

I think Fix will go 125 so he can wrestle Lee as much as possible before 2020.