BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Remember it’s the off-season, every other team gets better and PSU gets worse
Rinse and Repeat
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your at the top there's nowhere else to go but down. Eventually they will be right.. they just want to be able to say they called it first.
  • pish6969 likes this

#42 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

The only ones I'll say with confidence are

125 - Lee

133 - Gross

157 - Nolf

165 - Cenzo

HWT - Steveson

The rest are too muddled right now with speculation of guys bumping around weights. 

#43 pish6969

pish6969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

The only ones I'll say with confidence are

125 - Lee
133 - Gross
157 - Nolf
165 - Cenzo
HWT - Steveson

The rest are too muddled right now with speculation of guys bumping around weights.

Truthfully the only one that is 99.9% is Nolf.

Spencer could have Fix to deal with. Gross could have Fix to deal with. Yianni coming off injury with Eirman, McKenna, Lee in mix. 149 is anyone’s guess. Cenzo has some tough competition. I feel Isaiah White his biggest threat. Zahid has Hall or Bo. Bo has possible Zahid. Moore has possible Bo plus a few guys that can take him out. Stevenson a true frosh as good as he is.

Will be real interesting how the weights play out.

Meanwhile there’s not anyone at 157 that can beat Nolf even on their best day

Edited by pish6969, 06 June 2018 - 03:27 PM.

#44 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,862 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

Respect or don’t respect. That’s up to you.

It’s June. The time of year when everyone pokes holes at PSU and their wrestlers. By July someone will have a new #1. By August, PSU will be down to #3.

November will come and they take the mat again and everyone says “wait till next year”

Rinse and Repeat

pish, PSU will be a 25 pt dog by January, then reality will sink in as PSU dismantles everyone.

Edited by TBar1977, 09 June 2018 - 11:20 AM.

• pish6969 likes this

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#45 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,862 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Truthfully the only one that is 99.9% is Nolf.

Spencer could have Fix to deal with. Gross could have Fix to deal with. Yianni coming off injury with Eirman, McKenna, Lee in mix. 149 is anyone’s guess. Cenzo has some tough competition. I feel Isaiah White his biggest threat. Zahid has Hall or Bo. Bo has possible Zahid. Moore has possible Bo plus a few guys that can take him out. Stevenson a true frosh as good as he is.

Will be real interesting how the weights play out.

Meanwhile there’s not anyone at 157 that can beat Nolf even on their best day

Or any day where Nolf is down to one truly healthy leg. Where is that video of Nolf TF over Micah?

#46 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:49 PM

Respect or don’t respect. That’s up to you.
It’s June. The time of year when everyone pokes holes at PSU and their wrestlers. By July someone will have a new #1. By August, PSU will be down to #3.
November will come and they take the mat again and everyone says “wait till next year”
Rinse and Repeat

How come you are not running to Gross's defense since he was actually undefeated at the weight this year? Cenzo had a loss and is not near as dominant. I can see that you only care about what is right for everyone.
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#47 pish6969

pish6969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:54 AM

How come you are not running to Gross's defense since he was actually undefeated at the weight this year? Cenzo had a loss and is not near as dominant. I can see that you only care about what is right for everyone.

Wake up and look at second post in this thread. I was first one to remind Op he forgot Gross.

Try again..I’ll hold me breathe waiting for your apology

Edited by pish6969, 07 June 2018 - 12:58 AM.

#48 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:00 AM

Hmm, I am pretty sure most projections have a majority of PSU guys staying the same or improving.  Considering many were high level AA's just staying the same is hard to do.

As far as I went:

Lee-even

Nolf-improve 2-4 which means still 1st with more bonus

Joseph-even-means still 1st with some bonus

Hall-improve 2-4  which means either 2nd with more bonus or 1st

Cassar-around even

Nickal-around even, which means bumping up and still winning with solid bonus

Nevills-improve 3 to 4 placements.

The only reason I see them scoring a tad less is they lose Retherford and I am not as bullish on the 3 freshman at 125,133 and 149 as the PSU faithful.

Edited by MSU158, 07 June 2018 - 02:01 AM.

#49 pish6969

pish6969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:09 AM

Hmm, I am pretty sure most projections have a majority of PSU guys staying the same or improving. .

You are correct. My only contention was with the poster who didn’t even have Joseph in the finals. That’s just ridiculous.

How do you have a junior 2x champ and preseason not at least have him in finals?

Now let’s say it’s January and he’s taken a few losses, then ok I get it. But preseason?

#50 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Must have been asleep when this first came up. Can somebody explain to me what the deal is with him and no triceps? I haven't looked at him close enough to notice whether this is a joke or not.

Check him out.

Pretty well built kid. But not quite as muscular as some other top wrestlers. If you ask me Bo is a lot less muscular than Yianni. Sometimes kids come along that are strong as **** but don't show it. You should've seen Chris Barnes in HS: was built like spaghetti.Yianni is the best scrambler in D1 wrestling right now, imo.

Edited by TobusRex, 07 June 2018 - 08:30 PM.

• ConnorsDad likes this

#51 Stl

Stl

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

125: Lee
Even if Fix goes 125 I still think Lee wins. Lee showed at NCAA's that he had it all: leg attacks, defense, top game. I think that extra year focusing on folkstyle instead of freestyle gives Lee the advantage for now.

133: Fix, or if Fix goes 125, Gross
Gross is so good, but after watching that match with Tariq Wilson I just really feel that Fix is dynamic enough on his feet to beat Gross. If Fix goes 125, it's Gross' weight.

141: Yianni, or if he goes 149, Eierman
I just don't see how anyone will beat Yianni no matter whether he goes 141 or 149. If he goes 149, Mckenna has a style that I think Eierman will figure out. If you don't let Mckenna score first or hit his dump, he'll have to open up more, leading right into Eierman's wheelhouse.

149: Yianni, or if he goes 141, Leeth
People forget that Leeth hadn't wrestled a real match in like 2 years until last season. If Yianni isn't here, I think this is a wide open weight and Leeth will improve enough to come out on top in March.

157: Nolf
He is going to absolutely wreck the field next season.

165: Joseph
He gets it done and wins matches when they matter. I read those losses during the season as coming from the attitude of wanting to open up and get better, so I don't put much weight in them.

174: Zahid, or if he goes 184, Hall
If Zahid goes 184, I think Amine will push Hall, but Hall will come out on top. I'm sure he's extra morivated this season as someone who's not used to not finishing on top.

184: Nickal
Regardless of whether Zahid goes 184, I think Nickal wins. He is just so comfortable in any position and I predict he'll pull it out at the end of the year.

197: Moore
I think we see him closer to what he was like his freshman season.

285: Gable
I am not very confident about this pic, but I'm also not high on any of the current heavyweights returning, so I'm going with Gable.

#52 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

Wake up and look at second post in this thread. I was first one to remind Op he forgot Gross.
Try again..I’ll hold me breathe waiting for your apology

At the same time it's not that outrageous to pick against cenzo. Not outrageous enough to get offended. Yeah he is a 2 time defending champ but still is in tough bracket with young returners who can dethrone him. I mean look what happened to Imar and he was far more dominant.
  • bnwtwg likes this
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#53 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

125 Fix over Lee

133 Gross over Micic

141 Yianni over McKenna

149 Micah over Ashnault

157 Nolf over Hidlay

165 Marstellar over Joseph

174 Hall over Kutler

184 Zahid over Nickal (MyMar redshirts)

197 Moore over someone

285 Steveson over Stall

Penn State wins it, Iowa gets second and tOSU takes third. 

#54 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

125 Lee
133 Gross
141 Yanni
149 Kolodzik
157 Nolf
165 Cenzo
174 Valencia, unless he goes 184, if so, Mark Hall
184 Nickal, unless he goes 197, and depends on what Valencia does.
197 Moore
285 Gable

#55 WrestlingFan89

WrestlingFan89

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

125 Lee
133 Gross
141 Eierman
149 Berge
157 Nolf
165 Wick
174 Valencia
184 Nickal
197 Warner
285 Steveson

#56 KCMO2

KCMO2

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

I'm curious as to why most people are giving Eierman no chance vs Yianni.  He wrestled him twice last year, beating him once and losing in OT.  It's also obvious from his freestyle results that Eierman has been steadily improving.  I don't know if I'd pick him as the favorite, but he's a definite threat to win it at 141.

I also don't see why Ashnault is getting the props.  He's a career 141 pounder who hasn't wrestled in a year and is bumping up a weight class.  Maybe it's the Wrestlestat effect.

• Fletcher and TobusRex like this

#57 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:54 AM

Eierman would get a lot more love if he wrestled in the BIG 10 but he wrestles for Mizzou

#58 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

pish, PSU will be a 25 pt dog by January, then reality will sink in as OSU dismantles everyone.

Yep, Jim Zalesky has the Beavers primed for a Title run this year. No one is expecting it because he is keeping things quiet.

Rush to Vegas and get your dollars down now.

#59 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,862 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:21 AM

Yep, Jim Zalesky has the Beavers primed for a Title run this year. No one is expecting it because he is keeping things quiet.

Rush to Vegas and get your dollars down now.

Lol. I had to EDIT that one. 

#60 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

I'm shocked to see guys picking Micah Jordan as NCAA champ next year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users