Sign in to follow this  
Eagle26

Penn State last 3 weights

PSU has 4 guys that could potentially win an NCAA title for the final three weights. It will be interesting to see how that shakes out, and I've been hearing a lot of different rumors... Anybody know any truth to these?

Is Bo going up to 197? And Rasheed to 184? (Obviously dependent on Bo)

Cassar moving up to 285?

Cassar transferring?

Unless there would be some serious educational implications, I honestly don't know why Cassar wouldn't just transfer instead of trying to go up to heavyweight. The Bo and Rasheed switch makes sense to me because Bo will win either weight and Rasheed has a better shot at winning 184. That is if Zahid doesn't move up, but that would be a wash since it would give PSU a champ at 174

184: Bo

197: Rasheed/Cassar

285: Nevills

Bo wins 184, with lots of Bonus.

With 197 losing Macchaviello/Haught/etc, PSU scores lots of points here regardless of who mans the spot.

285 clears out, Nevills likely top 3 or better.

The combination of points at these 3 weights is MORE than enough with the other 7 weights to win a Title. No reason to shake these weights up IMO.

Edited by Show_Me

The Bo and Rasheed switch makes sense to me because Bo will win either weight and Rasheed has a better shot at winning 184. That is if Zahid doesn't move up, but that would be a wash since it would give PSU a champ at 174

Agree Bo most likely wins either weight.  IMO Rasheed is more likely to win 197, but more likely to be a finalist at 184.  

Word is Cassar walking around 220 or so and plans are to challenge for Hwt.

So either Cassar or Nevills will be out of a spot for their senior year? I think either one could potentially win a national championship and are likely top 3-5. That would really suck for the loser of that wrestle off and I would think one might consider a transfer?

That also makes me believe there may be some truth to the Bo to 197 rumor. Do you think Cassar would bump away from Rasheed (who he is about 50/50 with) to face Nevills? I don't think he would bump up unless Bo is moving up

So either Cassar or Nevills will be out of a spot for their senior year? I think either one could potentially win a national championship and are likely top 3-5. That would really suck for the loser of that wrestle off and I would think one might consider a transfer?

I think Cassar is a JR (eligibility) this season

Hall is moving up.  That puts Nickal at 197 and makes room for Manville.

Any insight what each walks around at? Seems like a lot of weight to give up for Hall and Nickal, and that leaves a returning AA as the odd man out if they are doing it for Manville. Shakur has had a rough hand dealt to him and hope he transfers if this is the case. Not out of spite, just out of the opportunity to give it a shot his senior year.

Hall is moving up.  That puts Nickal at 197 and makes room for Manville.

Is this speculation?  That seems like a terrible idea unless the weight cut for 174 is hurting his performance, which would surprise me.

My bad on Cassar being a senior... for some reason I had them switched in my head and was thinking Rasheed was a jr. and him a sr. 

I agree Hall to 184 makes no sense at all. The "eye test" can be decieving, but I thought he looked significantly smaller than Zahid so I can't imagine he is cutting too much. Definitely does not help the team either. Did you hear that from a reliable source, Plasmodium? 

PSU has 4 guys that could potentially win an NCAA title for the final three weights.

Aside from Bo, I don’t see a national champ in that group of four.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hall has his eyes on bigger and better and things - 86kg. 2020 is right around the corner. He is bulking up this summer.

Stop the nonsense. So you’re saying Hall want s a piece of Taylor? Way too short for the weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop the nonsense. So you’re saying Hall want s a piece of Taylor? Way too short for the weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, he should instead want a piece of Burroughs and Dake?  Both, of whom, have owned Taylor his entire adult career?