nom

Final X format — current critique

The screaming thing is not as bad as it was before, but it's still there and I cringe when I see the highlight videos they make with their "announcing" dubbed in over ESPN video. I also think there is a clear difference in quality between the announcing on the ESPN/Big Ten Network/NBCSN streams than the flo stream. Maybe the point is to expect less from flowrestling because they are the smaller outlet, but like I said, there's nothing wrong with providing constructive criticism that announcing is still an area for improvement. They should watch how the pros do it and try to work their way up to that level. There are some very good wrestling announcers..they just don't work for Flo. Beyond the people who do the ESPN/BTN broadcasts, I think JB is one of the best as well.

I'm happy with what I get for what I pay with flo, but stop acting like it is some huge bargain. It is competitively priced with other streaming services.

Funny because after NCAAs and B1Gs I see a ton of people complain about how horrible Tim Johnston and the other ESPN commentators are. Edited by BigTenFanboy

With these types of events, I typically invite people over to watch and we have a wrestling party.  Now that it is split up, I won't be doing that.  In fact, I will probably not even watch at all and just pick up the results on Twitter.

When the Flo watching numbers come out, I hope they don't inflate them by counting 1 viewer watching 3 events as 3 viewers.  The measurement should be unique viewers.

With these types of events, I typically invite people over to watch and we have a wrestling party.  Now that it is split up, I won't be doing that.  In fact, I will probably not even watch at all and just pick up the results on Twitter.

When the Flo watching numbers come out, I hope they don't inflate them by counting 1 viewer watching 3 events as 3 viewers.  The measurement should be unique viewers.

The 3 different events should have 3 unique viewership numbers.

The 3 different events should have 3 unique viewership numbers.

Here is what I am getting at.

If Customer A watches all three 'sessions' of Final X, it is still 1 customer.

If Flo presents the above example as 3 customers to show 'market growth', it is misleading.  I think this might very well be what is behind the split.  They can say, "Look at our increased viewership", while in fact, the market is still the same (or maybe even worse).

If the padded numbers are used as a basis for future programming, we might get more of this 'splitting' stuff, which I personally think is the wrong direction.

Edited by ClawRide

Not a customer, but if I was, would Flo be charging me more to watch Final X?  Is there an extra cost for each week?  I honestly don't know.

mspart

there are innumerable ways to measure a term as imprecise as "market growth" but Flo does distinguish between unique and reoccurring viewers if it makes anyone feel any better. I suppose we could always ignore uniques and all other metrics when presenting our 'market growth' figures to whomever, but anyone with any media savvy would see through the ruse immediately. 

FloPro subscriptions are $150/year, or $12.50 a month. There's no pay-per-view option. so if you sign up for Final X you get all three events, plus every other event FloWrestling carries for a calendar year (U.S. Open, Beat the Streets, most of the Big Ten home duals, Fargo, Southern Scuffle, Super 32, and much much more), plus every other Flo website (grappling, track & field, volleyball, rugby, bowling, etc). solid deal imo but I am biased (I work for Flo, though I receive nothing for additions to our subscriber count).

emailing support@flosports.tv should get you answers to any other questions you can think of!

I can live stream my commentary from my couch if you'd like. Commentary will mostly consist of me complaining about officials and telling wrestlers what they should be doing, as if I know better than both them and their coaches. There will also be a lot of WHAT IS HE DOING?!?'s.

Can you at least get the wrestlers names correct , If not can you just say red or blue

Edited by tbert

there are innumerable ways to measure a term as imprecise as "market growth" but Flo does distinguish between unique and reoccurring viewers if it makes anyone feel any better. I suppose we could always ignore uniques and all other metrics when presenting our 'market growth' figures to whomever, but anyone with any media savvy would see through the ruse immediately. 

FloPro subscriptions are $150/year, or $12.50 a month. There's no pay-per-view option. so if you sign up for Final X you get all three events, plus every other event FloWrestling carries for a calendar year (U.S. Open, Beat the Streets, most of the Big Ten home duals, Fargo, Southern Scuffle, Super 32, and much much more), plus every other Flo website (grappling, track & field, volleyball, rugby, bowling, etc). solid deal imo but I am biased (I work for Flo, though I receive nothing for additions to our subscriber count).

emailing support@flosports.tv should get you answers to any other questions you can think of!

Thanks

mspart

there are innumerable ways to measure a term as imprecise as "market growth" but Flo does distinguish between unique and reoccurring viewers if it makes anyone feel any better. I suppose we could always ignore uniques and all other metrics when presenting our 'market growth' figures to whomever, but anyone with any media savvy would see through the ruse immediately.

FloPro subscriptions are $150/year, or $12.50 a month. There's no pay-per-view option. so if you sign up for Final X you get all three events, plus every other event FloWrestling carries for a calendar year (U.S. Open, Beat the Streets, most of the Big Ten home duals, Fargo, Southern Scuffle, Super 32, and much much more), plus every other Flo website (grappling, track & field, volleyball, rugby, bowling, etc). solid deal imo but I am biased (I work for Flo, though I receive nothing for additions to our subscriber count).

Where did the terry doc go?

you aren't much of a partier.

i only need a small excuse, like the sun coming up.

hell, 3 different wrestling weekends? 

So the first Final X has concluded, and I have to give props to Flo, for hyping this event. Congrats. It appears that people enjoyed their day at the rail yard, the tailgating and other festivities. The Wrestling, well depending on who asked, you got a wide variety of responses, but no one can say that wrestlers weren't out there trying.

So for me, I think it's cool for this kind of dual meet set up, where you have a limited number of matches, that can be concluded in a few hours. I think that this type of an event will draw the fans that are fairly local to the event site. However, I think the down side is that people that aren't close and have limited time and dollars in their entertainment budget will stay away, waiting for an event that has more substance, (if that's the correct word), with more wrestlers, and more days.

But hats off to the people that came up with this idea, and put this on.

My buddy attended (I didn't watch any of it, just heard results after the fact) and says he really was disappointed knowing Taylor and Dake are competing elsewhere.   He had a great time prior to the event in that area, but the wrestling itself was a let down.     He will continue to attend if the format remains the same but he will have to temper expectation.   I'm going to try to view the next 2, schedule permitting.   

Did they call your son by the wrong name or something?

...Bader gets mostly confused during matches..kind of hard telling who is winning when listening with earbuds at work

In spite of my bluster, I watched it.  I always cave in to watching wrestling.

The show was actually pretty good.  The wrestling was great.  I even enjoyed the chess matches.

The only problem I had was panning to the crowd during some important action.

the only thing anyone could legitimately complain about was the panning away from the action at times...

any other complaints would be just nit picking to further some already decided agenda...

i am pretty sure half of this BBS doesnt even like wrestling...