• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:36 AM

Can you at least get the wrestlers names correct , If not can you just say red or blue

Did they call your son by the wrong name or something? 

#42 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

So the first Final X has concluded, and I have to give props to Flo, for hyping this event. Congrats. It appears that people enjoyed their day at the rail yard, the tailgating and other festivities. The Wrestling, well depending on who asked, you got a wide variety of responses, but no one can say that wrestlers weren't out there trying.

So for me, I think it's cool for this kind of dual meet set up, where you have a limited number of matches, that can be concluded in a few hours. I think that this type of an event will draw the fans that are fairly local to the event site. However, I think the down side is that people that aren't close and have limited time and dollars in their entertainment budget will stay away, waiting for an event that has more substance, (if that's the correct word), with more wrestlers, and more days.

But hats off to the people that came up with this idea, and put this on.

#43 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

It was a pretty boring evening.   No 3rd matches.   One upset in  the womens' matches.  Terrible cutaways by flo.  Pathetic in fact.  Cautious matches by green and gilman.  

• wpialchamp likes this

#44 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

My buddy attended (I didn't watch any of it, just heard results after the fact) and says he really was disappointed knowing Taylor and Dake are competing elsewhere.   He had a great time prior to the event in that area, but the wrestling itself was a let down.     He will continue to attend if the format remains the same but he will have to temper expectation.   I'm going to try to view the next 2, schedule permitting.   

• Shiraz123 likes this

#45 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:35 AM

...Bader gets mostly confused during matches..kind of hard telling who is winning when listening with earbuds at work
MAGA!

#46 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:07 AM

Maybe daughter?  'Burkert' was 'Burkett' all night long.

#47 Missourimatman

Missourimatman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:32 AM

The 3 different events should have 3 unique viewership numbers.

Maybe I'm missing something, but when did Flo start releasing viewership numbers? If so, what were numbers for BTS?
  • Missourimatman likes this

#48 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:56 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but when did Flo start releasing viewership numbers? If so, what were numbers for BTS?

No idea. Clawride was the one who brought up viewership numbers being potentially conflated.
  • Missourimatman likes this

#49 ClawRide

ClawRide

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

In spite of my bluster, I watched it.  I always cave in to watching wrestling.

The show was actually pretty good.  The wrestling was great.  I even enjoyed the chess matches.

The only problem I had was panning to the crowd during some important action.

• GockeS likes this

#50 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:41 AM

the only thing anyone could legitimately complain about was the panning away from the action at times...

any other complaints would be just nit picking to further some already decided agenda...

i am pretty sure half of this BBS doesnt even like wrestling...

#51 Missourimatman

Missourimatman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:11 AM

No idea. Clawride was the one who brought up viewership numbers being potentially conflated.

I would think that Flo and USA Wrestling would be transparent and share the viewership numbers to tout their partnership and how they are growing the sport to "unprecedented heights." Funny I was able to tune into professional cornhole on television this week, but the best USA wrestling can do is put their premier product behind a subscription based streaming service.

#52 denger

denger

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:04 AM

I enjoyed the first part. The timing of a couple hours on a Saturday evening was great for me. I enjoyed some productivity early in the day instead of watching several mats full of less-consequential wrestling and wiping out an entire day or few days.

I was once reluctant to pay for Flo, but I must have gotten used to it. I know for sure that it's not the dumbest $12.50 I will spend this June. There are months that I question the value of the subscription, but the BTN partnership made the college season even more worth it, and the Spring "freestyle season" has extended that value through June, IMO.

For those griping about paying to watch wrestling, what are you getting for 12bucks that tops three Final X productions this month? I mean, it's like one evening movie ticket where I live, or maybe a pub burger and a pint...? 

• 2td3nf and LJB like this

#53 paboom

paboom

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:14 AM

Something tells me if this was on Youtube Live, it would be better for the sport.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • jon and Angry_Fish like this

#54 Lurker

Lurker

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:27 AM

I enjoyed the first part. The timing of a couple hours on a Saturday evening was great for me. I enjoyed some productivity early in the day instead of watching several mats full of less-consequential wrestling and wiping out an entire day or few days.

I was once reluctant to pay for Flo, but I must have gotten used to it. I know for sure that it's not the dumbest $12.50 I will spend this June. There are months that I question the value of the subscription, but the BTN partnership made the college season even more worth it, and the Spring "freestyle season" has extended that value through June, IMO.
For those griping about paying to watch wrestling, what are you getting for 12bucks that tops three Final X productions this month? I mean, it's like one evening movie ticket where I live, or maybe a pub burger and a pint...?

This is a post wrestling fans really need to think about and pay attention to.
  • LJB likes this

#55 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:29 AM

could not agree more... anyone who complains about paying for a subscription to flo is not a fan of wrestling... 

#56 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:39 AM

In spite of my bluster, I watched it.  I always cave in to watching wrestling.

The show was actually pretty good.  The wrestling was great.  I even enjoyed the chess matches.

The only problem I had was panning to the crowd during some important action.

They showed chess???

I've got to tune in to the next one.   

#57 spladle

spladle

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

It's not the money, it is the principle of an unpolished product. They should know better than to pan away during a match. Bader has been around a long time, his delivery and attention to his craft ought to be more refined by now.
  • Angry_Fish likes this

#58 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:59 AM

they are not broadcasters... they are wrestling fans that play the roles and as such have made huge improvements over the years... any expectations past that is on you...

i will fully agree that the cut aways during the action was bad, but, overall the product last night was far and away their best to date and the entire experience was very enjoyable... to nit pick everything they do is a symptom of the nit pickers... not flo

#59 Missourimatman

Missourimatman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:00 AM

could not agree more... anyone who complains about paying for a subscription to flo is not a fan of wrestling...

That's a pretty ridiculous statement. One would think wrestling fans would want their product available to the masses and casual viewers. Subscription based streaming service ensures the exact opposite. It is certainly no way to grow the sport to "unprecedented heights".

On a personal level, I will never give Flo another cent. I paid for a subscription long enough only to be ripped off numerous times by a failure to deliver the product I paid for.

#60 Missourimatman

Missourimatman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:05 AM

Bader and Pyles aren't perfect but it's not like we have a bench full of A+ commentators just sitting on the sidelines. Who's the alternative?

Really? There are some obvious big names who would do great commentating on premier events including Jake Herbert and Ben Askren. Jake Herbert is infinitely better than Bader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users