• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

The FRL production quality really sucked for a while. They seem to be producing in a warehouse with heavy bangs occurring and other people in the background. Gotten better recently. One episode consisted of CP whispering into the mic. No acknowledgement that it’s freakin weird. Another had massive sound issues that they at least acknowledged.

Rumors of Martin getting removed — did that really happen?

#2 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

I don't know why technique wave disappeared.....other than that my only complaint is emphasizing the wrong personalities. 

#3 JBluegill133

JBluegill133

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

Would love it if Spey could get more time on FRL.  Maybe become a couch regular.  

• GranbyTroll likes this
"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

#4 Husker_Du

Husker_Du

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,527 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:41 AM

We acknowledged the sound issues several times.

we're in the process of building a new studio. should be ready this week.

#5 thefatman

thefatman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:48 AM

Rumors of Martin getting removed — did that really happen?

This happened a few months ago.

#6 george

george

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:48 AM

It doesn't seem to be a studio thing.  Volume is all over the place on the podcast.  I can barely hear some of the people on FRL. Drives me nuts when I have to turn the volume up when one person is speaking and then turn it down when the next person speaks.  Different people at different volume levels is quite frustrating.  You need to find a way to make the volume level consistent between the different people speaking.  

Also, is there a standard for recording volume?  My car volume goes from 1-40.  Most podcasts I listen to on level 20-25 for volume.  When I listen to FRL, I usually have to turn it up over 30 or more.  Recently 35-40.  Scares the !@#$ out of me when I forget to turn it down before switching to a different show or the radio!  I enjoy the content but this needs fixed.

I know you call in nowadays and the sound from you is almost inaudible.  I listen to lots of podcasts that people produce from their houses.  They have people call in and the volume level is not markedly different.  

Edited by george, 07 June 2018 - 06:44 AM.

• Jasonmitchell32 likes this

#7 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:14 AM

Where is TERRY?

#8 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

Where is TERRY?

Iowa City probably

• GranbyTroll likes this

#9 JBluegill133

JBluegill133

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:07 AM

Where is TERRY?

Terry nooooo!

https://www.youtube....h?v=M_ni48EdmCE

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

#10 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

The Terry documentary question has been asked several times and it's been crickets. What's the deal Husker_Du? Maybe they can tell us in their hot takes segment.
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#11 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:39 AM

I agree the different sound levels between everyone talking are often tough to deal with when driving, hope that gets cleared up with the new studio. 

Edited by Gantry, 07 June 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#12 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:17 PM

is the new studio gonna bring back the video of Jeremy Spates teaching how to tight waist tilt to counter a sit under when you are riding a figure 4?

#13 AnklePicker

AnklePicker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

Hammer, Is it not in the training section? I looked up some spates stuff during the season and it was there. The technique section of the site has definitely taken a hit since their last overhaul. I signed up for flo because of technique wave. Doesn’t seem to me that it would be that hard to add that content back. What’s the hold up?
  • GranbyTroll likes this

#14 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

it's not. Cael's stuff is also partially gone, it's like someone shot their content with a shotgun.

I still consider Flo an amazing value, but I'm their customer, so i might as well complain. 

#15 GranbyTroll

GranbyTroll

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:17 AM

Would love it if Spey could get more time on FRL.  Maybe become a couch regular.  

I loved the Spey-Nomad-Willie lineup, want more of it. 

While we're on the Flo criticisms, I now have a hard time finding the technique videos that I want. I'm tech literate, and have used Flo since 2008, but suddenly I can't find things I know I've watched before. Also, dead links and missing videos have been a problem for about 2 years now. They're all busy guys, but it's frustrating that I've reached out to both CSR and Husker_Du directly, but old videos are still borked. 

That being said, I love FLO to death. No one else gives us this level of coverage that's consistently good. And it's relatively cheap. 

Iowa fans are still arrogant; it's just that their team isn't as good.

#16 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

In multiple email responses I've received, Flo keeps promising they will return to allowing comments on their articles.   It has been a year now and nothing has been done.  Like all authoritarian organizations, they can't stand critique or challenges.

Edited by dmm53, 10 June 2018 - 08:52 AM.

• jon likes this

#17 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

In multiple email responses I've received, Flo keeps promising they will return to allowing comments on their articles.   It has been a year now and nothing has been done.  Like all authoritarian organizations, they can't stand critique or challenges.

Moderating comment sections and messageboards can be a full time job.

#18 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:07 AM

lol, we're not hard to find on twitter, instagram, facebook, etc. people tell us we suck there on a regular basis. feel free to join in on the fun!

#19 Husker_Du

Husker_Du

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,527 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

that we haven't added the comment features back b/c we're scared of criticism is another crazy conspiracy theory.

and it completely contradicts another silly assertion - that we do everything for clicks.

I've asked for comments to be brought back very often. i like the feedback and info (especially for rankings). and it's good a good place for the fans to converse.

#20 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

New development appears dead at Flo. Not a bad business strategy. Developers are expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users