Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

Penn state line up

100%, not saying Moore is bad at wrestling, but there are levels, and  97 was a parity ridden weight, not because everyone was great, but because there were a bunch of "good" guys, literally 10 guys could've won the weight. Bo Nickal is a yearly favorite because he is "Great", he's just better than anyone at 97, I can't see how you could pick against him .

Does Nickal warrant being the favorite?  Absolutely.  I just simply pointed out that Moore's difficulty with the weight last season is a major part of why you didn't see him steamroll through 197 last year.  One major factor that points to this was his gas tank/energy level.  As a Frosh, he was all go, no quit.  He attacked at a very high rate and gave Cox and Pfarr all they could handle.  This past season, he was often lethargic and had nothing left in the 3rd.  

The above isn't an indicator of skill level, it is either dealing with an injury/ailment(doubtful) or, more likely, a weight issue.  The fact that he still went 97kg with a 92kg weight class available pretty much confirms that.

Does Nickal warrant being the favorite?  Absolutely.  I just simply pointed out that Moore's difficulty with the weight last season is a major part of why you didn't see him steamroll through 197 last year.  One major factor that points to this was his gas tank/energy level.  As a Frosh, he was all go, no quit.  He attacked at a very high rate and gave Cox and Pfarr all they could handle.  This past season, he was often lethargic and had nothing left in the 3rd.  

The above isn't an indicator of skill level, it is either dealing with an injury/ailment(doubtful) or, more likely, a weight issue.  The fact that he still went 97kg with a 92kg weight class available pretty much confirms that.

Does that mean Moore is going to go Heavyweight next year?

Does that mean Moore is going to go Heavyweight next year?

I have yet to see a definitive answer to that question.  I would think he still pulls down to 197 for the team, since I can't imagine Singletary would be able to.

You'd think you almost have to control your weight more when the next option is HWT.

I've honestly never been huge on the "Moore is the second coming" wagon, so when he became the hunted and not the hunter, I wasn't surprised to see a dip in his dominance, but if you're right and he struggles to stay at 97 I guess we can either expect diluted results there or a "we need a 225" thread once he gets smashed by heavies, either way I'll be watching

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mr. Hoffman is game and most likely will fill the spot!!!

I have yet to see a definitive answer to that question.  I would think he still pulls down to 197 for the team, since I can't imagine Singletary would be able to.

Edited by CTMopar

Unless Bo can no longer make 184, it makes no sense for him to bump to 197 and have Rasheed drop to 184. Rasheed will have had one year to grow into 197 and should be even better this coming season. Plus Bo at 184 is a lock.