spladle08

Final X Lincoln

Exactly. I don't get it. Is the idea to try to win or just not to make a bad showing? Reminds me of youth wrestlers who are down late in the match and are content just to stand around.

Chamberlain employed the old stall and score at the end strategy. He knows full well if he opens up, Green would mop the mat with him. His only chance of beating Green is to keep it close and score in the closing seconds.

Easy takedowns are earned against chumps...

Clearly that is ad far as you got in this sport...

No matter... QUIT watching and quit posting...

Or stick to the **** style portion... either way.. won't be misssd

Seriously, either quit drinking or stop posting, the two don't mix well.

Wish they could do more to make Gilman open up. His length and wiry strength is a bad match up for Fix.

Is Gilman a new Metcalf? Can’t wait for Lee to enter the senior fray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What the hell is Flo thinking switching to shots of the coaches while Gilman and Fix are wrestling.  I literally blinked and almost missed Gilman's TD.

Just now getting to the message board but I'm glad somebody else noticed it. I was watching the second Burroughs-Martinez match and right during the first takedown of the match Flo flipped over to one of Jordan's kids. What the **** is that? It's bad enough you get choppy reception and now they're flipping over to people in the stands. Who's directing the thing Stevie Wonder?

I don't believe there was any malicious intent on Gadson's part.

Thank you. I am a decided Snyder Homer but it's like a car you can't just stop it instantaneously. Assuming he's at full speed with his takedown and the referee blows the whistle as he gets to the boundary, it's not like he can stop without taking a few more steps

So Gilman vs Fix, I thought that if Gilman could keep Fix from getting on the offense he would have a good chance of winning. I think that Perry and the Brands Bros. came up with a good plan that Gilman executed pretty well.

As for Gilman, I think in order to repeat as a World medalist, he's going to have to find a way to step it up a notch, because to me, he just isn't offensive enough. As much as I like Fix, I think he just needs a little more experience, and develop some other ways to get his offense going. Hopefully we see him doing well at some tourneys this summer.

Green vs Chamberlain, was it that they were too familiar with each other? Was it that Chamberlain has improved measurably since moving to Fresno St.? Was this Chamberlain's strategy to slow the match down to a crawl? Was Green having weight issues? Was it that they were both tentative because of all that was riding on this? Or was it all of the above? I kind of think that there might be a case for all the above.

JB vs IMar, IMar definitely came to wrestle tonight, and was able to keep JB at bay for a while, but JB's quickness and pressure were to much for IMar on this night. IMar like Chamberlain, should be proud of their performances. Hopefully IMar continues to improve and sees success on the Senior Level, I think he has a tremendous upside. JB, well he's the King, and with being a King you have to be crafty, and use all that you have, like your speed, your technique, your tenacity, and determination. I think we see him wrestle until his finals match in Tokyo.

SnyderMan vs Gadson, I really don't know what to think, I thought Kyle would run through Gadson like last year, but to Kyven's credit that didn't happen. So has Gadson improved over the course of this last year, well judging by his performances at the international tournaments he competed in, I didn't think he had. So, if Gadson hasn't improved, then what could be the alternative, could it be that Gadson and his coaching staff came up with a way to slow down Captain America's attack rate, or, and I even shudder to think this, but could it be that Kyle might be slipping a little? I think back to his match at Beat the Streets, (which might as well been contested on a ice rink so you have to take that for what it's worth), but for me the concern was there, and fortunately Kyle's gas tank saved the day. But I also think about how JB laid an egg in Rio, and I always thought that happened because he was always off making commercials or what not, and not paying his dues in the practice room. I know Kyle just signed with Rudis, and I hope he is maintaining his training and keeping his eyes on the road, so that he does not suffer the same fate that JB did in Rio. Hopefully, I am just being overly dramatic, and all my fears will be put to rest at Kyle's next appearance on the mat where he mows down all his competition.

Gadsen hits a blast Double off the whistle against the best wrestler in the world and this board turns in to helicopter moms not wanting their baby to get a boo boo.

We love Snyder because he is so good at something so tough. People on this board are the die-hard wrestling fans, but we probably die pretty easily.

The rules dictate you run a double for a half mile if you can. Gadsen finished the takedown! He doesn’t need to change his style based on the mat. The ref and Snyder are supposed to stop the double, not Gadsen. I love these boards, but they have been disappointing. It’s getting more like explaining things to the new kid on the team who isn’t going to make it.

I like Fix but didn't quite understand the hype (this year).  The kid is good but he went to U23's and didn't win a match, less than a year ago.  Gilman was right in his interview on Friday... how good are the guys that Fix has actually beat?  Is Ramos the best? Probably, and I like Tony, but at his peak he was never as good as Gilman is now. 

Gadsen hits a blast Double off the whistle against the best wrestler in the world and this board turns in to helicopter moms not wanting their baby to get a boo boo.

We love Snyder because he is so good at something so tough. People on this board are the die-hard wrestling fans, but we probably die pretty easily.

The rules dictate you run a double for a half mile if you can. Gadsen finished the takedown! He doesn’t need to change his style based on the mat. The ref and Snyder are supposed to stop the double, not Gadsen. I love these boards, but they have been disappointing. It’s getting more like explaining things to the new kid on the team who isn’t going to make it.

Yeah it’s silly. Do people bahaing gadsen think Snyder feels the same way?

It’s a tough sport. Gadsen shouldn’t hold back on a takedown because he is afraid of hurting his opponent. It isn’t his job to pretext Snyder and I’m sure Snyder would hate for Gadsen to have that mindset.

Props to Gadsen for not being mentally broken and coming after Kyle. Good lesson for Kyle too. If he has a weakness, one could say he starts his matches off poorly sometimes. Gadsen shouldn’t have hit this ttakedown and Sadulaev shouldn’t have lgotten the first takedown

I like Fix but didn't quite understand the hype (this year).  The kid is good but he went to U23's and didn't win a match, less than a year ago.  Gilman was right in his interview on Friday... how good are the guys that Fix has actually beat?  Is Ramos the best? Probably, and I like Tony, but at his peak he was never as good as Gilman is now. 

Probably Yatsenko from the Ukraine, who ended up as a bronze medalist last year is the best guy Fix beat recently- I would put him above Ramos.

Most mats don't have a 5 ft. drop-off onto concrete and metal chairs.  I'd like to see you get driven backwards off of a stage like that and then see how quickly your attitude changes.

Hush Trollee Mctrollerton, you damn-well understood the hype. Junior Champ teched his way through, loses first match to the Bronze medalist at U23's and doesnt get a repechage so yeah he "didnt win a match"... freshman in college, teching everyone domestically not named Ramos, got beat on criteria, evolved, came back stronger, and is the clear cut #2 in the USA in his first Senior level outting........, hype justified. 

Gilman's good, and I think he can medal again given the right draw,  Fix didn't really have a chance to win, and was just out-wrestled.... didn't understand the hype though, im not buying it  

high scores are typically indicative of sloppy wrestling and/or mismatches...

there was lots of high quality wrestling that went down last night... if you can not recognize that then maybe you should stick to basketball... 

So Gilman vs Fix, I thought that if Gilman could keep Fix from getting on the offense he would have a good chance of winning. I think that Perry and the Brands Bros. came up with a good plan that Gilman executed pretty well.

As for Gilman, I think in order to repeat as a World medalist, he's going to have to find a way to step it up a notch, because to me, he just isn't offensive enough. As much as I like Fix, I think he just needs a little more experience, and develop some other ways to get his offense going. Hopefully we see him doing well at some tourneys this summer.

Green vs Chamberlain, was it that they were too familiar with each other? Was it that Chamberlain has improved measurably since moving to Fresno St.? Was this Chamberlain's strategy to slow the match down to a crawl? Was Green having weight issues? Was it that they were both tentative because of all that was riding on this? Or was it all of the above? I kind of think that there might be a case for all the above.

JB vs IMar, IMar definitely came to wrestle tonight, and was able to keep JB at bay for a while, but JB's quickness and pressure were to much for IMar on this night. IMar like Chamberlain, should be proud of their performances. Hopefully IMar continues to improve and sees success on the Senior Level, I think he has a tremendous upside. JB, well he's the King, and with being a King you have to be crafty, and use all that you have, like your speed, your technique, your tenacity, and determination. I think we see him wrestle until his finals match in Tokyo.

SnyderMan vs Gadson, I really don't know what to think, I thought Kyle would run through Gadson like last year, but to Kyven's credit that didn't happen. So has Gadson improved over the course of this last year, well judging by his performances at the international tournaments he competed in, I didn't think he had. So, if Gadson hasn't improved, then what could be the alternative, could it be that Gadson and his coaching staff came up with a way to slow down Captain America's attack rate, or, and I even shudder to think this, but could it be that Kyle might be slipping a little? I think back to his match at Beat the Streets, (which might as well been contested on a ice rink so you have to take that for what it's worth), but for me the concern was there, and fortunately Kyle's gas tank saved the day. But I also think about how JB laid an egg in Rio, and I always thought that happened because he was always off making commercials or what not, and not paying his dues in the practice room. I know Kyle just signed with Rudis, and I hope he is maintaining his training and keeping his eyes on the road, so that he does not suffer the same fate that JB did in Rio. Hopefully, I am just being overly dramatic, and all my fears will be put to rest at Kyle's next appearance on the mat where he mows down all his competition.

Gilman's defense was impressive. Like you, I would like to see him get off his single more. I know a lot of people hate this dude, but the work he puts in is evident. He seemingly never tires and appears to be strong as hell. If you don't like him yet, you probably wont, because he won't do much to warm you up to him. He seems to like it this way anyway. He needs the chip on his shoulder.

I think Green wrestled to make a World Team. Period. I think he knew Chamberlain was going to try to win with shot clocks, step-outs and defense and so he just used his strength to control center and beat Chamberlain at his own game. Green is at his best, like Burroughs, when he is counter-attacking after an opponent's shot.  Chamberlain certainly wasn't going to provide that type of match, with a lot of flurries, so he stayed patient and did what he had to do. Don't know the impact, but FLO reported he was cutting weight all day. Maybe that is just the way he likes to do it, but it reaffirms for me that this is indeed a man without an Olympic weight. If he makes 65 for the next Oly Trials I would be amazed and not too hopeful for his outcome.

Burroughs did what he had to do in match one. He didn't even appear to be breathing hard coming off the mat afterwards. For our sake, IMar scoring first in match two was awesome. Brought out the killer in Burroughs and we got the offensive burst we were hoping for.  IMar is good defensively and very athletic/strong. He wrestled well. He's gonna have to diversify his offense because currently it appears that if he doesn't have an underhook, he's not scoring...at least against a top tier guy like Burroughs.

First thing. Had no problem with Gadsen finishing off the mat. There was a ton of momentum going that way (over 400 pounds worth) and Gadsen's head was buried in Snyder's chest. If the rules are going to encourage continuation scoring, they better account for it with bigger surfaces (mats, stage, barriers, etc) to protect the wrestlers. My opinion on the main difference between this year's series and last year's between Snyder and Gadsen is the absence of the challenge tournament before. Gadsen is very good and Snyder beat him by 9 and 8 respectively. Snyder's attacks are always evolving and he claims he is stronger than ever. I think JB's failure in Rio had a lot to do with self-imposed pressure and not necessarily a lack of preparation. I doubt Snyder even backed off of his training much for this event. I think he was that confident. No way he is backing off and not preparing at this point. Especially with a possible rematch with Sad looming.

Overall, everyone seemed a bit conservative. Probably due to what is at stake. I was impressed with our three women's reps as well, particularly Winchester who I felt gave Leathers nothing. Tamyra Stock was like a bull in a China shop. She was fun to watch, although her opponent was clearly outmatched.

Gilman's defense was impressive. Like you, I would like to see him get off his single more. I know a lot of people hate this dude, but the work he puts in is evident. He seemingly never tires and appears to be strong as hell. If you don't like him yet, you probably wont, because he won't do much to warm you up to him. He seems to like it this way anyway. He needs the chip on his shoulder.

I think Green wrestled to make a World Team. Period. I think he knew Chamberlain was going to try to win with shot clocks, step-outs and defense and so he just used his strength to control center and beat Chamberlain at his own game. Green is at his best, like Burroughs, when he is counter-attacking after an opponent's shot.  Chamberlain certainly wasn't going to provide that type of match, with a lot of flurries, so he stayed patient and did what he had to do. Don't know the impact, but FLO reported he was cutting weight all day. Maybe that is just the way he likes to do it, but it reaffirms for me that this is indeed a man without an Olympic weight. If he makes 65 for the next Oly Trials I would be amazed and not too hopeful for his outcome.

Burroughs did what he had to do in match one. He didn't even appear to be breathing hard coming off the mat afterwards. For our sake, IMar scoring first in match two was awesome. Brought out the killer in Burroughs and we got the offensive burst we were hoping for.  IMar is good defensively and very athletic/strong. He wrestled well. He's gonna have to diversify his offense because currently it appears that if he doesn't have an underhook, he's not scoring...at least against a top tier guy like Burroughs.

First thing. Had no problem with Gadsen finishing off the mat. There was a ton of momentum going that way (over 400 pounds worth) and Gadsen's head was buried in Snyder's chest. If the rules are going to encourage continuation scoring, they better account for it with bigger surfaces (mats, stage, barriers, etc) to protect the wrestlers. My opinion on the main difference between this year's series and last year's between Snyder and Gadsen is the absence of the challenge tournament before. Gadsen is very good and Snyder beat him by 9 and 8 respectively. Snyder's attacks are always evolving and he claims he is stronger than ever. I think JB's failure in Rio had a lot to do with self-imposed pressure and not necessarily a lack of preparation. I doubt Snyder even backed off of his training much for this event. I think he was that confident. No way he is backing off and not preparing at this point. Especially with a possible rematch with Sad looming.

Overall, everyone seemed a bit conservative. Probably due to what is at stake. I was impressed with our three women's reps as well, particularly Winchester who I felt gave Leathers nothing. Tamyra Stock was like a bull in a China shop. She was fun to watch, although her opponent was clearly outmatched.

high scores are typically indicative of sloppy wrestling and/or mismatches...

there was lots of high quality wrestling that went down last night... if you can not recognize that then maybe you should stick to basketball... 

You're right there were no mismatches last night. Care to recap the third round results for me?

Most mats don't have a 5 ft. drop-off onto concrete and metal chairs.  I'd like to see you get driven backwards off of a stage like that and then see how quickly your attitude changes.

I’ve endured plenty of wrestling injuries to my head and face, and I have never blamed someone’s aggressive leg attack.

I have not fallen from a stage, so maybe I don’t understand as your point implies, but I think I can relate to the inherent risks of wrestling.

Do you think Snyder thought Gadsen was being dirty?

Similar question, if Snyder had an increased fire in the match, would he have not had that increased fire if he was taken down on the center of the circle with the fall off the stage?