nom

Final X Videos on Flo?

Trying to see the final X matches and not know the results before hand. Just had my daughter read this board to see if anyone is asking about video availability on Flo. I’m squinting to avoid seeing results but it looks like the videos are not up on floarena. Are they? Can other’s watch them? I did see one match — Green match.

Also — really wish there was a way to watch videos after the event (when they are present) and not be at high risk of seeing the result between the bolding and scores right there.

Trying to see the final X matches and not know the results before hand. Just had my daughter read this board to see if anyone is asking about video availability on Flo. I’m squinting to avoid seeing results but it looks like the videos are not up on floarena. Are they? Can other’s watch them? I did see one match — Green match.

Also — really wish there was a way to watch videos after the event (when they are present) and not be at high risk of seeing the result between the bolding and scores right there.

Had to attend several important parties.  So, I avoided seeing the scores by going into Flowrestling videos.  They didn't show the scores in the titles which was good.  However, they also didn't say which series like 1 of 3, for an example.  So, I had to see the beginning of the match to see which series bout before moving to the actual bout.   Hope it helps you a bit.

Go to this direct link of videos. they don't show the scores.  https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6092710-2018-final-x-lincoln/videos

I sure wish that they would leave the final X in Flosports at either Roku or Apple TV for replay.  They only shows live events.  

Edited by Buckeyebison

Thanks, tried it. Saw one video for Gilman / Fix. Started it and by announcers words about Fix needing to make adjustments quickly .... thus knew he lost the first match.

Kinda sucks. What’s up with Flo. Seems like they could very easily organize this in a way that folks could watch afterwards and not have the anticipation ruined

Simply caring about the customer would make the experience a lot better.

Edited by nom

Thanks, tried it. Saw one video for Gilman / Fix. Started it and by announcers words about Fix needing to make adjustments quickly .... thus knew he lost the first match.

Kinda sucks. What’s up with Flo. Seems like they could very easily organize this in a way that folks could watch afterwards and not have the anticipation ruined

All the more reason to watch it live.

With all due respect, I dont view revealing/not hiding the results after the fact as a lack of caring for the customer. No other sport streaming site does what you're asking.

dont bother offering solutions or explanations... people just want to complain...

with that being said...

i am as big a fan of motorcycle road racing as wrestling... a sport that is even more niche' in america (but loved all over then world... sound familiar... i must be a glutton for punishment... i digress)... i have paid for a streaming subscription to watch motogp since the early oughts... the first few years was in the true infancy of streaming... most have no idea what streaming was like back then... but, a few years ago they did introduce a spoiler free linc on their site... no longer do i have to get up at 3-4am to watch a race live... i almost broke down in tears of joy when they did that...

oh yeah. I muted it then see the scoreboard at start to find out which series bout. But yes, they could have organized it by indicating the series bout # in the title. Edited by Buckeyebison

Even if they did indicate Match 1 vs Match 2 you would still see no Match 3 and would have known as soon as the first one was winding down who wins the series.

Edit: They still should put a match # in the title.

Edited by wrestlingphish

It’s quite simple —- have the videos posted and indicate it is match 1. Or match 2. Really not that hard.

What about when your are navigating the site to find the link to video? Should they also not discuss the results?

An easier solution.

Watch it live.

"Really not that hard."

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I’ll ignore BTF. He adds no value beside unneeded debates.

Phish — yes, I thought of that ... but it is easy enough to organize the final x videos in a way that that can help. One option is to group all match 1 matches, then scroll to get match 2’s then scroll to get match 3’s.

There are other ways to make it work. But ....I’d be happy with just indicating the match number. Easy to do.

watch it live, or, just accept that you were not able to and enjoy quality wrestling regardless of knowledge of the outcome...

as much as it would be nice for everyone/thing to acquiesce to each of our own selfish personal needs, those types of expectations are just not a very adult way of appraoching the world...

Edited by LJB

I’ll ignore BTF. He adds no value beside unneeded debates.

Phish — yes, I thought of that ... but it is easy enough to organize the final x videos in a way that that can help. One option is to group all match 1 matches, then scroll to get match 2’s then scroll to get match 3’s.

There are other ways to make it work. But ....I’d be happy with just indicating the match number. Easy to do.

I add tremendous value here. 

Please answer this question.

How exactly would you expect the navigate Flo's site to the video without seeing the results?

Flo's main function is to report the results to these events ASAP. The video's are an added bonus.

Should they NOT report the results then until YOU determine when you can see these events?

All of this can be avoided if you simply watch the event live. After the event has taken place results being revealed to you are YOUR FAULT, no one else's. Take some freakin personal responsiblity.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

watch it live, or, just accept that you were not able to and enjoy quality wrestling regardless of knowledge of the outcome...

as much as it would be nice for everyone/thing to acquiesce to each of our own selfish personal needs, those types of expectations are just not a very adult way of appraoching the world...

Exactly. 

Selfish personal needs and immature expectations.

this is funny, seeing how we live in the 'have it your way' generation

Two sides of the coin here. 1) “It’s not that hard” doesn’t fly. There’s a number of reasons why someone may not be able to watch it live that has nothing to do with fault or lack or personal responsibility. For example, I was unable to watch Saturday due to an event my daughter had. So it was actually beyond being “that hard”, it was impossible. Unless I wanted to not pay attention to what my daughter had going on and bury my nose in the phone, but I’m not going to do that. And thats not being truly responsible if I were, is it? There are a number of scenarios like that for people, so sometimes yes it is that hard.

HOWEVER, expectation for Flo or anyone for that matter to construct their site so that results aren’t known is a silly expectation. Just not how it does, or should, work.

Edited by Lurker

What about when your are navigating the site to find the link to video? Should they also not discuss the results?

An easier solution.

Watch it live.

"Really not that hard."

Sometimes there are more important things, like your sister's wedding. Or your kid's birthday. Or working non-traditional hours on a Saturday night to buy your kid a birthday cake or your daughter's wedding cake. Shoot, maybe you just don't want to be in front of a screen and would rather socialize with friends and family rather than be stuck in front of a screen at that particular time. I guess what I'm saying is that it's 2018 and we have our fancy data filtering and labeling capabilities which makes your argument really dumb. Troll level 5/12 

I have no real issues with the way they do things at flo. Like I've said in the past, when the feed drops out or another issue occurs, I think back to 2002 and then thank the heavens that flo exists. That said, I have been in the position of not being able to watch an event live and have always found a way to not spoil the results for myself; hasn't been very difficult. I will also add, however, that this has been easiest to do when they just post the entire event in one video so you can watch the whole thing in order, cause, you know, it was presented as an event and that's how such things are usually best viewed, imo.

Sometimes there are more important things, like your sister's wedding. Or your kid's birthday. Or working non-traditional hours on a Saturday night to buy your kid a birthday cake or your daughter's wedding cake. Shoot, maybe you just don't want to be in front of a screen and would rather socialize with friends and family rather than be stuck in front of a screen at that particular time. I guess what I'm saying is that it's 2018 and we have our fancy data filtering and labeling capabilities which makes your argument really dumb. Troll level 5/12 

My explanation is dumb and troll level 5/12 yet theres been a few people immediately after me say pretty much the same exact thing.

Life is full of choices. Yes there are more important things than wrestling. You make decisions and concessions in life everyday. Its not the fault of Flo nor should it be their responsibility to cater to all of those decisions.

So let me ask you this? If your sister's wedding, or your kid's birthday, or your wedding anniversary took place at the same time as the NBA Finals, or the SuperBowl, is it fair to claim that the NBA or NFL does not care about their fans because they don't suppress the results for you to discover on your own?

When you're a responsible person who would socialize with friends and family rather than be stuck in front of a screen at a particular time you give up that opportunity to not have the results of such events be spoiled for you.

I missed half of the world team challenge tournament finals due to having a family event. That was my decision and I accept that because I was unable to watch the event live, the results would be spoiled for me. That's how it is when it comes to sports.

Yes its 2018 therefore due to technology and social media its EVEN MORE difficult to suppress that information than it was in the past. Its not a simple matter of labeling and data filtering.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I think the trolling comment was in regard to your claims of “it’s not that hard” and “YOUR FAULT” and “take some freakin personal responsibility”. When you know sometimes it actually is kinda hard to watch it live.

Surely you understand how some people can be very quickly and extremely offended when someone says something that doesn’t necessarily come across the right way. Even if that wasn’t their intention.

Edited by Lurker

I think the trolling comment was in regard to your claims of “it’s not that hard” and “YOUR FAULT” and “take some freakin personal responsibility”. When you know sometimes it actually is kinda hard to watch it live.

Surely you understand how some people can be very quickly and extremely offended when someone says something that doesn’t necessarily come across the right way. Even if that wasn’t their intention.

"Not that hard" was a term used by Mr Nom when blaming Flo for not hiding the results of Final X and ruining his anticipation.

Fault was assigned to Flo by Mr Nom for not hiding the results of Final X and ruining his anticipation.

He clearly stated that by not hiding the results of live events that Flo does not care about its viewers.

Neither of these things are the responsibility of Flo.

Flo's job is broadcast and to report the results of these events.

For someone to blame Flo for doing their job is ridiculous. If someone gets extremely offended that their own decisions are the reason that they were unable/unwilling to watch a live sporting event then that's on them.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

For clarity in case you missed my previous post, I don’t disagree that it’s silly to expect Flo or any other outlet to hide results. Was just strictly guessing at where the troll comment came from.

I am more than happy to spend 150 bucks a year knowing I may or may not be able to see the wrestling. If they are not going to post the videos right away and not tell anyone, it is fine by me. FLO is awesome! All their announcers are underpaid.

It is my pleasure to donate my money to Flo because without them wrestling would not exist.