nom

Final X Videos on Flo?

I don't have a solution to spoiler alerts. i understand fans don't want to know the results until they are able to watch, but we also have to 'report' results and add color to what happened. and the one's who haven't yet watched are in the minority. 

as far as the "Match 1 vs Match 2" thing - i did label them as such in the description beneath each video.

i suppose i should have titled them that way instead. 

I don't have a solution to spoiler alerts. i understand fans don't want to know the results until they are able to watch, but we also have to 'report' results and add color to what happened. and the one's who haven't yet watched are in the minority. 

as far as the "Match 1 vs Match 2" thing - i did label them as such in the description beneath each video.

How about just putting the entire broadcast up as one event? Very simple

Willie - thanks. Yes, just a tweak to the name would do wonders.

Thank you.

Some on here are blowing this out of proportion. There are easy routes here no matter what some say.

look at Flo doing the damn thing...

but seriously, if you guys were so inclined... a simple No Spoiler linc that could be bookmarked and gone to instead of going through the main page of the site might keep the whining down... clearly, it would take a little programming... i'm too stupid to know how much, but, it might be a consideration to bring up at the next staff association meeting...

Yeah, it does make sense.  Something like:

http://flowrestling.org/nospoilers

or

http://flowrestling.com/full

Where people can type the URL in without needing to go to the main page.   Would be simply full matches for all the main events by date.  No followup interviews on there, news links, etc.  Like LJB I have no idea how tricky that would be to implement into your current web design package but I think it could get some use.  Can see it being super useful during the college season as well.  Saturday morning just go right there and watch the results instead of reading about them. 

No other sport streaming site does what you're asking.

--Every WatchESPN video ever is available without a clue as to the result.

--NBC Sports /nbcsports app (especially for their niche, English Premier League soccer) automatically posts match replays with scores hidden and lets you click if you want them revealed.

--Big Ten Network for everything, the same as NBC

--TrackWrestling, if you go into the video archives and not the brackets, has every video by round and combatants' names with no spoilers (and searchable)

I agree that Flo provides a great product, but it's not an unreasonable request to have a way to view content without a score or headline attached to it. Virtually everyone else does it, actually.

Thanks, Willie and others, for reading these boards and other feedback!

Edited by maligned

--Every WatchESPN video ever is available without a clue as to the result.

--NBC Sports /nbcsports app (especially for their niche, English Premier League soccer) automatically posts match replays with scores hidden and lets you click if you want them revealed.

--Big Ten Network for everything, the same as NBC

--TrackWrestling, if you go into the video archives and not the brackets, has every video by round and combatants' names with no spoilers (and searchable)

I agree that Flo provides a great product, but it's not an unreasonable request to have a way to view content without a score or headline attached to it. Virtually everyone else does it, actually.

Thanks, Willie and others, for reading these boards and other feedback!

You are correct.

Its not unreasonable to make that request.

"Simply caring about the customer would make the experience a lot better."

Implying that Flo does not care about the customer however is not reasonable. 

When you compare other sites archives to ours and say they have 'no spoilers'

i'm not sure i understand.

if you go to the event page and click on videos, the titles are simple "Daton Fix, TMWC vs Thomas Gilman, TMWC"

i'm not sure where you're seeing the score

When you compare other sites archives to ours and say they have 'no spoilers'

i'm not sure i understand.

if you go to the event page and click on videos, the titles are simple "Daton Fix, TMWC vs Thomas Gilman, TMWC"

i'm not sure where you're seeing the score

I'm guessing the "spoilers" would be the post match interview videos of the winners.

Are you saying that the majority of fans that want to watch this were either at FINAL X or have a subscription to Flo and watched it?  I'm not sure you can make that claim. 

mspart

well, i DO know the viewership #'s and patterns. (and you know that you have to have a flo sub to see matches on demand, right?)

in any case, it's not very difficult to not learn the results if you do want to.

go to the event page. 

wow. that was hard. 

Edited by Husker_Du

But it doesn't tell you all the people not on Flo that want to see it.  I still maintain you can't say a majority of those interested either watched on Flo or were at the event. 

mspart

But it doesn't tell you all the people not on Flo that want to see it.  I still maintain you can't say a majority of those interested either watched on Flo or were at the event. 

mspart

Pro tip: refrain from using double negatives. 

mspart

ya lost me.

if you're not a flo member, you're not seeing it. so what's your point?

we're talking about spoiler alerts on flo.

are you off on your own planet? 

mspart

I paid $12.50 for lunch at Smashburger today. I was less impressed with it than I was with part one of Final X. Thankfully, my $12.50 to Flowrestling.org will give me two more Final X productions.

Willie does Flo have a problem streaming content when many viewers log on at once? My feed kept cutting in and out. 5 seconds of action, followed by 15 seconds of frozen screen. I pay for the highest speed internet I can get so I don't believe it was on my end. Any feedback?

Where can I find the lineup for tomorrows matches? What time is PDII wrestling?

Go to the events tab on Florwrestling

PD3 isn’t wrestling tomorrow. The true 3rd matches are next week.

Edited by Housebuye