• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

I think the trolling comment was in regard to your claims of “it’s not that hard” and “YOUR FAULT” and “take some freakin personal responsibility”. When you know sometimes it actually is kinda hard to watch it live.

Surely you understand how some people can be very quickly and extremely offended when someone says something that doesn’t necessarily come across the right way. Even if that wasn’t their intention.

"Not that hard" was a term used by Mr Nom when blaming Flo for not hiding the results of Final X and ruining his anticipation.

Fault was assigned to Flo by Mr Nom for not hiding the results of Final X and ruining his anticipation.

He clearly stated that by not hiding the results of live events that Flo does not care about its viewers.

Neither of these things are the responsibility of Flo.

Flo's job is broadcast and to report the results of these events.

For someone to blame Flo for doing their job is ridiculous. If someone gets extremely offended that their own decisions are the reason that they were unable/unwilling to watch a live sporting event then that's on them.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 11 June 2018 - 09:02 AM.

#22 GockeS

GockeS

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:03 AM

so we can't blame trolls for being trolls?

jk

jk

jk

#23 Lurker

Lurker

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

For clarity in case you missed my previous post, I don’t disagree that it’s silly to expect Flo or any other outlet to hide results. Was just strictly guessing at where the troll comment came from.

#24 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:39 AM

I am more than happy to spend 150 bucks a year knowing I may or may not be able to see the wrestling. If they are not going to post the videos right away and not tell anyone, it is fine by me. FLO is awesome! All their announcers are underpaid.

It is my pleasure to donate my money to Flo because without them wrestling would not exist.
MAGA!

#25 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

NVM

Edited by tbert, 11 June 2018 - 09:50 AM.

MAGA!

#26 Husker_Du

Husker_Du

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

I don't have a solution to spoiler alerts. i understand fans don't want to know the results until they are able to watch, but we also have to 'report' results and add color to what happened. and the one's who haven't yet watched are in the minority. 

as far as the "Match 1 vs Match 2" thing - i did label them as such in the description beneath each video.

i suppose i should have titled them that way instead. 

• BigTenFanboy likes this

#27 sansbarksdale

sansbarksdale

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

I don't have a solution to spoiler alerts. i understand fans don't want to know the results until they are able to watch, but we also have to 'report' results and add color to what happened. and the one's who haven't yet watched are in the minority. 

as far as the "Match 1 vs Match 2" thing - i did label them as such in the description beneath each video.

i suppose i should have titled them that way instead. 

How about just putting the entire broadcast up as one event? Very simple

#28 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

Willie - thanks. Yes, just a tweak to the name would do wonders.

Thank you.

Some on here are blowing this out of proportion. There are easy routes here no matter what some say.

#29 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

How about just putting the entire broadcast up as one event? Very simple

I wouldn’t mind having that options too for events like Final X or the championship finals of other major events.

#30 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

I’d vote for that as well. Good idea.

#31 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

the full event is coming. hopefully tonight. uploading on the road is difficult. BUT, we will learn from this experience and get State College and Bethlehem up much faster. thank you for your patience!

#32 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

actually, it just went up! Hooray! please enjoy.

https://www.flowrest...playing=6213281

• Gantry, tbert and Yellow_Medal like this

#33 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

Awesome. Thanks for posting it and making us aware. I was in the middle of a return from vacation 14 hour drive when it aired living, so glad I can watch the full recording now.

#34 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

look at Flo doing the damn thing...

but seriously, if you guys were so inclined... a simple No Spoiler linc that could be bookmarked and gone to instead of going through the main page of the site might keep the whining down... clearly, it would take a little programming... i'm too stupid to know how much, but, it might be a consideration to bring up at the next staff association meeting...

• bnwtwg likes this

#35 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, it does make sense.  Something like:

http://flowrestling.org/nospoilers

or

http://flowrestling.com/full

Where people can type the URL in without needing to go to the main page.   Would be simply full matches for all the main events by date.  No followup interviews on there, news links, etc.  Like LJB I have no idea how tricky that would be to implement into your current web design package but I think it could get some use.  Can see it being super useful during the college season as well.  Saturday morning just go right there and watch the results instead of reading about them. 

#36 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

Kudos to Flo on getting the whole event up. Nice work. I will aim to watch today.

#37 maligned

maligned

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

No other sport streaming site does what you're asking.

--Every WatchESPN video ever is available without a clue as to the result.

--NBC Sports /nbcsports app (especially for their niche, English Premier League soccer) automatically posts match replays with scores hidden and lets you click if you want them revealed.

--Big Ten Network for everything, the same as NBC

--TrackWrestling, if you go into the video archives and not the brackets, has every video by round and combatants' names with no spoilers (and searchable)

I agree that Flo provides a great product, but it's not an unreasonable request to have a way to view content without a score or headline attached to it. Virtually everyone else does it, actually.

Thanks, Willie and others, for reading these boards and other feedback!

Edited by maligned, 12 June 2018 - 01:24 AM.

• Yellow_Medal and bnwtwg like this

#38 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:15 AM

--Every WatchESPN video ever is available without a clue as to the result.

--NBC Sports /nbcsports app (especially for their niche, English Premier League soccer) automatically posts match replays with scores hidden and lets you click if you want them revealed.

--Big Ten Network for everything, the same as NBC

--TrackWrestling, if you go into the video archives and not the brackets, has every video by round and combatants' names with no spoilers (and searchable)

I agree that Flo provides a great product, but it's not an unreasonable request to have a way to view content without a score or headline attached to it. Virtually everyone else does it, actually.

Thanks, Willie and others, for reading these boards and other feedback!

You are correct.

Its not unreasonable to make that request.

"Simply caring about the customer would make the experience a lot better."

Implying that Flo does not care about the customer however is not reasonable. 

#39 Husker_Du

Husker_Du

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:10 AM

When you compare other sites archives to ours and say they have 'no spoilers'

i'm not sure i understand.

if you go to the event page and click on videos, the titles are simple "Daton Fix, TMWC vs Thomas Gilman, TMWC"

i'm not sure where you're seeing the score

• BigTenFanboy likes this

#40 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:25 AM

When you compare other sites archives to ours and say they have 'no spoilers'

i'm not sure i understand.

if you go to the event page and click on videos, the titles are simple "Daton Fix, TMWC vs Thomas Gilman, TMWC"

i'm not sure where you're seeing the score

I'm guessing the "spoilers" would be the post match interview videos of the winners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users