I think we can all agree that it is a SUPER exciting time to be a wrestling fan, especially in the USA. As I was thinking about this, I wondered how we, as fans, can do our part to keep up the momentum. I thought I would list a few ideas, and also see what input everyone else has. So let's get started.
*First, I know we all have different budgets, so please only do what is in your means.
- Embrace the "Pay for Content" model that Flo offers. This is not an new model everyone, in fact it has been around for a long time. It is awesome that for $150 a year we have access to tournaments almost weekly, documentaries, and other content. Please support your favorite wrestling sites, and if you enjoy their content, pay for it and support them. You have Flo, Intermat, TheOpenMat, Big Ten, ESPN, etc. Capitalism is a great thing, and byt paying for our favorite content, it forces the others sites to step up their game and provide a better product.
- Visit the websites that are free! Traffic is always a revenue driver on content websites. (UWW, teamusa.org, etc)
- Support your local teams at every level. Go to home dual meets for both college and high school programs.
- Purchase merchandise from your favorite teams and wrestlers. I LOVED Jason Bryan't daily wrestling t-shirt challenge. It got me off my butt to start my own collection.
- Donate when you can, even if it is a few bucks each year. Everything helps.
- Follow your favorite teams, organizations, and wrestlers on social media, and interact with them.
- Share your favorite content on social media.
- Educate yourself on the brands that support and sponsor wrestling, and buy from them (Rudis, Asics, Adidas, M2 wrestling)
- Keep posting feedback! UWW now has 10 weight classes in non-olympic years. Flo was instrumental in making sure the final best of three series for the world team was on a separate day so the wrestlers were on level playing ground. It is working.
Well, those are my ideas, anything else?