Sign in to follow this  
mspart

Next Final X

Who ya got for this card?  Here's mine:

65kg: Joey McKenna vs. Logan Stieber

I really think this is a toss up.  If Logan comes to the event ready to go, I think he wins.  If not he loses.  I think it is up to him whether he goes to the WC's or not.  Cannot decide.

79kg: Kyle Dake vs. Zahid Valencia

Ringer was catching up on Dake and Zahid totaled Ringer.  I have to go with Dake on this one but I think Zahid is close.  Perhaps not.  I pick Dake.  Not sure if 2-0 or 2-1.  But I pick Dake.

86kg: David Taylor vs. Nick Reenan

My pick is David Taylor by steamroller.  He has been completely on fire and has a lot to prove to everyone.  And he has been doing it this past year.  I think his time has come and will roll Reenan. 

mspart

Stieber in 2. I'm guessing close but clear scores...5-1, 6-3, something along those lines. 

Dake in 2. It might take him a minute but Dake will shine here. Zahid's hyper-aggressive style plays right into Dake's hands. I expect counter attacks and at least one 4 pointer. 6-4 and 8-0.

Taylor in 2. 10-0,10-0 Reenan isn't anywhere near McKenna or Zahid. This will be ugly. Scoring an offensive point on Taylor would be a win for him. 

Stieber in 2

Dake in 2

DT in 2 (Reenan is a sacrificial lamb in State College)

Agree about Reenan.  I think the Steebler/McKenna series could go to 3 matches.  I think Z will impress but I also think Dake in 2.  

mspart

This is gonna be highly unpopular... But...

Stieber in 3.

Mckenna wins match one. Logie looks terrible and wrestles like he feels sorry for his "little buddy". Stieber wins match 2 in a super close battle. Match 3, Stieber (for reels) shows up and techs him.

Zahid in 3.

Match 1 is taken by Dake. Its super close. Like, 4-3 or a criteria win. Zahid wins match 2, and completely defeats Dake psychologically. Match 3 is lopsided in favor of Zahid.

Taylor in 2. Two first period techs. Makes Reenan look like a rag doll.

Logie vs McKenna, I think if Joey can keep Logan from getting on track, I think McKenna can do this. As of right now, I'm split on this matchup.

Dake vs Valencia: Dake has been a pretty good roll this year, and made easy work over a very tough Cuban at BtS, a few weeks back. But Zahid is tall and has a lot of length to him as well as a high attack rate. So if Zahid can score with these attacks it may make things extremely difficult for Kyle. But I have to believe that for both Dake and Taylor that they both realize that this is there best opportunity to make a Senior World Team, so I can's see either being denied. But getting back to Zahid, he may just steal a match and push Dake to the brink.

Taylor vs Reenan: I'd be very surprised if DT does not tech Reenan.

This is gonna be highly unpopular... But...

Stieber in 3.

Mckenna wins match one. Logie looks terrible and wrestles like he feels sorry for his "little buddy". Stieber wins match 2 in a super close battle. Match 3, Stieber (for reels) shows up and techs him.

Zahid in 3.

Match 1 is taken by Dake. Its super close. Like, 4-3 or a criteria win. Zahid wins match 2, and completely defeats Dake psychologically. Match 3 is lopsided in favor of Zahid.

Taylor in 2. Two first period techs. Makes Reenan look like a rag doll.

Well, now that is a prediction.  I have no problem with it other than I disagree but it is bold and needed.

mspart

Did somebody just claim that Dake is going to be "completely defeated psychologically"? That would fly in the face of everything we've ever seen from Dake. He's one of the mentally strongest competitors we've ever seen.

Unless he is wrestling Burroughs. But being mentally owned by JB is hardly mentally weak but strongest we have ever seen is a stretch. I give Dake him a pass on J'Den, he was physically over matched and showed well and almost got it done.

I feel like people are taking too much stock in the Ringer-Valencia match up.  This is a completely different stylistic match up.  I think this will likely look like more lopsided versions of the Taylor-Dake matches.

Since everyone is sharing their OPINION... I strongly encourage others that feel inclined to heartily attack others opinions to simply sit back, watch, and allow the wrasslin to ensue. Your attempts at mockery illustrate your narrow minded approach, and are indicative of why we as a society are in the proverbial pickle we are in now. In other words, keep casting those stones from your glass house.

I feel like people are taking too much stock in the Ringer-Valencia match up. This is a completely different stylistic match up. I think this will likely look like more lopsided versions of the Taylor-Dake matches.

Agree. Dale may not pile up points, but he will win comfortably.

Steiner, Dake, Taylor. All comfortably.

Since everyone is sharing their OPINION... I strongly encourage others that feel inclined to heartily attack others opinions to simply sit back, watch, and allow the wrasslin to ensue. Your attempts at mockery illustrate your narrow minded approach, and are indicative of why we as a society are in the proverbial pickle we are in now. In other words, keep casting those stones from your glass house.

Did you just finish your first year of undergrad as a sociology major?