• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

J'den recently moved to Colorado to the Olympic Training Center. So I'd say he's all in.

If he goes all in at any point and decides to become as dominant as possible, he will win everything. Olympics included.... well not down a weight Yaz ain't losing anything through 2024, But...... if he is wrestling Mexico's Rep (tried to think of the worst possible opponent) up 2-1 with a minute and a half left, sweating like a beer on my porch this summer, backing up hoping he's done enough. Well he will forever underachieve (world bronze... pretty stellar underachieve)

In Paris he just didn't have it in those semis, but in Rio..... attacking Cox doesn't lose to Yasar. Ok I'm done in this topic. :) go Zahid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by spladle08, 16 June 2018 - 09:52 AM.

#62 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,899 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

If he goes all in at any point and decides to become as dominant as possible, he will win everything. Olympics included.... well not down a weight Yaz ain't losing anything through 2024, But...... if he is wrestling Mexico's Rep (tried to think of the worst possible opponent) up 2-1 with a minute and a half left, sweating like a beer on my porch this summer, backing up hoping he's done enough. Well he will forever underachieve (world bronze... pretty stellar underachieve)

In Paris he just didn't have it in those semis, but in Rio..... attacking Cox doesn't lose to Yasar. Ok I'm done in this topic. :) go Zahid

8 weight classes he wins gold. But yaz or sudlalaev at 86, or Snyder and Sudalaev at 97. I just don't think he has enough offense to get by all of that. Especially in an era where scoring wrestlers seem to do the best.
  • spladle08 likes this

#63 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

8 weight classes he wins gold. But yaz or sudlalaev at 86, or Snyder and Sudalaev at 97. I just don't think he has enough offense to get by all of that. Especially in an era where scoring wrestlers seem to do the best.

Yeah, the more I stewed on it, if it stays as-is and Saduleav does indeed go up and mess around with Snyder... J Cox could end up doing the wise thing (for the history books) and what I figured Saulaeav would do.....and snatch up a couple of world medals at a "non olympic weight" I'd put him in the mix for Gold.... but like you said and I believe, the leap up to Snyder's weight is likely too much, and then you have to overcome Snydman and even going down, it's hard enough making the team much less contending with Yaz.
While I don't see an Olympic gold in his future he could "James Green" some world finals appearances for sure.

Edited by spladle08, 16 June 2018 - 01:07 PM.

#64 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,899 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, the more I stewed on it, if it stays as-is and Saduleav does indeed go up and mess around with Snyder... J Cox could end up doing the wise thing (for the history books) and what I figured Saulaeav would do.....and snatch up a couple of world medals at a "non olympic weight" I'd put him in the mix for Gold.... but like you said and I believe, the leap up to Snyder's weight is likely too much, and then you have to overcome Snydman and even going down, it's hard enough making the team much less contending with Yaz.
While I don't see an Olympic gold in his future he could "James Green" some world finals appearances for sure.

Guy is stuck between three guys who will end their careers as in the conversation of GOAT's. Reminds me of that Iranian guy; loses to Belaglasov in 1988 and then Smith in 1992. He really had nowhere to go.
  • spladle08 likes this

#65 Lurker

Lurker

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:16 AM

J'den recently moved to Colorado to the Olympic Training Center. So I'd say he's all in.

Was just about to make this exact reply. And I’ll add in that he’s extremely talented in a number of areas. So wrestling is far from the only avenue for him to be successful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users